A Book About You For Your Kids

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 06:44 pm
Hi everybody!

You may be wondering what I'm doing on the Parenting thread, since I'm not married and don't have any kids. Ha!

But I have an idea that I thought would be really interesting to do for people with kids. Have any of you thought of doing a book about yourselves that you could hand down to future generations?

You could have pictures of yourself, places where you live, family recipes. You could tell stories about things that have happened to you, wisdom that you've gained from your experiences.

And it certainly doesn't have to be completely serious. I think it should be funny too. It should contain your wit and wisdom.

Wouldn't it be really, really something to get a book like that handed down from say, your great- or great-great grandparents...whom you never had a chance to know?

It would give you a real insight into who they were, and the times in which they lived.

It's something you could work on over the years as your kids are growing up.

Has anyone tried that?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 605 • Replies: 2
No top replies

clairedan

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 04:55 am
Re: A Book About You For Your Kids
I LOVE this idea!

But I don't have writing talent Embarrassed

I simply began to write some tiny things to my future kids,
hope one day they can read it...

hehe, I want to be a great woman for them!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 05:05 am
That is the best idea I have heard in a long time!!!You are a genious and deserve some sort of prize

Many times i have cursed myself for not talking to my nan about her life, she was born in 1912, can you imagine what she witnessed!!
I stumbled across some old B+W photos and while back and my parents arnt sure who they are, its such a shame.My mum always says to write on the back of the photo, where when and who, just to keep a record.

Once again, well done for yuor idea.I havnt had the most amazing life but that doesnt mean it isnt worth recording.
0 Replies