Confused about gossip.

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 07:36 am
Okay I met this guy on wednesday night and we got on real well, now he came by the bad i always hang out at last night. We spoke lsot nigth and he kept telling me how beautiful i am and he had hand on my leg and he kep kissing me on the cheek for no reason. He was just being real sweet and nice. He took my number and I took his and he walked me to my car when we left.

Anyway i told my one girlfriend about him and she said (now she hasn't met him personally) is hould be careful because her friend (who's a model) thought that he was into her and she got told taht he is still into his ex. i dunno what this has to do with me and I don't know why it bothers me so much. I just feel it's kidn of like oh my friend the model tried and couldn't succeed so why should you type thing?

ANway why should this effect me and him though he ahs given me no reason to dislike him. Basically should I let my friend's gossip get to me on thsi guy or not.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 924 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Foxy1983

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 07:48 am
Judge him for yourself, not on someone else's word.
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:30 pm
I'm not entirely sure from the post what the real problem is here, but it sounds like one of your biggest issues is the thing about the other girl being a model, and he apparently wasn't that into her. Are you mostly annoyed that your friend seems to be telling you not to bother because if the model couldn't get him, you can't either? Or is it more feeling uncomfortable that he (apparently) rejected the model?

I can see why you think it's not too cool if your friend was really intending to make you feel like he can't be into you b/c he wasn;t into a model. Female friends (especially when you're still pretty young) can sometimes be thoughtless or even aggressive to each other about looks, in my experience. I have had girls who normally were good friends let me know I wasn't that good-looking back when we were in high school; my mom had the same experience with friends in her high school days. Unfortunately, young women sometimes get so competitive wiht each other, they can't knock it off even with their friends. So it sucks, but I wouldn;t worry about it.

If instead it bothers you because you're worried that there's some truth to the idea that if he rejected a model he'll reject you too, I say screw that! If you like him and he seems to be into you too, just enjoy it and see where it goes. No point worrying about who he has or hasn't turned down in the past. Just see where it goes and have fun.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:34 pm
This is indeed a tangled web.

I am literally on the edge of my chair.
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:38 pm
Careful there, ol' timer, don't tip yourself over.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 04:37 pm
I'm pissed with my friend for being so hurtful.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 07:31 pm
Slug your 'friend' in the face and see if she ever talks like that again! Razz
jk

Just be upfront with her. Tell her you don't like being talked to like that, and that you think it was unfair of her. She will either apologize and stop doing it or she will roll her eyes/keep doing it/talk behind your back. If she does the latter, tell her to piss off and find a more mature friend!
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 03:57 pm
thanks flushd hehe
0 Replies