Should I go Home?? Or do I deal with it?

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 08:38 am
I feel like crap... and I want to go home and sleep.. I didn't sleep last night... I have a cold and I can't take otc meds... so I have to deal with it on my own.... and I am cranky and tired and I don't want to be at work right now... I want to be in my pjamas.. sleeping until I feel better... I want to rub myself down with vicks vapo rub... put on some soap operas... and sleep.....

So should I stay at work for the next 6 hours and be miserable... or stay and get my work done in the next hour and then say I am going home...

I also took Monday off as a vacation day a few weeks ago, I don't want them to think I am just trying to have an extra long weekend, cuz that is not the case... but they can def. tell I am sick...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 830 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 08:53 am
f*ck it I am going home, I don't even need you guys to answer this one...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 08:54 am
You're sick. Go home before you infect others. That should be what your office wants you to do.

Here, have some soup.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 08:55 am
You go girl!!
B*gger what your colleagues think.If your ill your ill, dont feel bad about leaving work.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 08:58 am
I just feel bad, because we use a headset at work.. and whoever covers for me will be getting sick because I don't know where the disinfectant is...

I just have a few more things i have to do and then I will tell them that I am leaving

You know.. I never knew a nose could leak this much... even after all the damn blowing in the world..
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 09:26 am
That's probably why it's leaking.

Better curtail your evening activities.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 09:28 am
Anyone have anytips for me to get better before my date 2morrow??
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 09:35 am
Take paracetamol.
Drink Orange juice.

I dont have a headset but we have 4 mobile phones that we all use and they gt passed round.If one person has a cold its not long before we all have it!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 09:37 am
Er... See a doctor? Get some Rx meds? Sleep? Drink fluids? Eat soup and crackers? Hot tea?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 09:51 am
Seeing a doctor would do nothing.. they would just tell me to go home and rest... ugh
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 09:53 am
Right. Forget the doctor. Can you take zinc. It helps, but not soon enought for the date, of course
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 10:13 am
I have been drinking plenty of OJ... and those yummy halls defense things... plus menthol cough drops...

I don't have a sore throat and I barely have a cough.... no sinus headache or nothing.. just a stuffy stuffy runny runny nose.... and a grumpy attitude due to my lack of sleep last night because I couldn't breathe
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 10:15 am
Make sure there isn't zinc in your drops. It counteracts the effectivness of vitamin c and vice versa.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 10:28 am
nope no zinc in the others.. but is it good for your body to have alot of vitamin c in it??
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 04:02 pm
From what I've read, you can take all the Vitamin C you like, and the worst that'll happen is diarrhea. Your body just gets rid of Vitamin C it doesn't need.

Lotsa people do stuff for colds.... my brother swears by the "sweat" trick, that is, get as sweaty as possible, either through exercise or heat.

Personally I like a hot bath, followed by inhaling steam from a bowl with a towel over my head. You can put just about any kind of herbs in the bowl, from pine needles to chamomile.

Echinacea is a readily available herb that some people claim gets rid of a cold overnight. Easy enough to take in capsule form.

Many herbal teas will help, again the steam seems to be part of the cure.

Usually if I have a big date coming up I just get a big zit on the end of my nose.
0 Replies