Travelling in Europe - Meals and Transportation

margo

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 12:15 am
KiwiChic

I was in the North Island only - and the weather was mostly lousy - only a cuppla days of sun. Pictures are very boring - mostly grey.

The pilot on a flight I took over the Bay of Islands was telling us that no rain for 8 weeks is considered a drought - my mate and I both choked! Then he said that he understood that Australians, who may have had no rain for months to years, find this hard to understand!

Very green, NZ! Looks great too - if only the weather wasn't so like Melbourne.... (is MsOlga here? Sad )
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 02:47 am
I'm sorry your weather was lousy, Margo - the same happened to me in Feb/March one year - I was told it was very rare for there to be THAT MUCH rain spread over 5 weeks! Either it's global warming or there's a reason NZ is underpopulated...
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 11:39 am
Guys, just as un update, and well... thanking all of you on making this a successfull thread, I strongly suggest this 3 websites:

www.elipsos.com
www.myair.com
www.vueling.com
www.renfe.es

For those travelling in europe, you'll find them really useful. Myair is for flights from Italy, Vueling are from Spain, and Elipsos as well as Renfe are trains in a Spain based network.

Europe here we go!
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 07:44 pm
margo wrote:
KiwiChic

I was in the North Island only - and the weather was mostly lousy - only a cuppla days of sun. Pictures are very boring - mostly grey.

The pilot on a flight I took over the Bay of Islands was telling us that no rain for 8 weeks is considered a drought - my mate and I both choked! Then he said that he understood that Australians, who may have had no rain for months to years, find this hard to understand!

Very green, NZ! Looks great too - if only the weather wasn't so like Melbourne.... (is MsOlga here? Sad )

Im sorry to hear that Margo,
yes it can be quite Melbourne-ish just not all in one day though, it has been raining here for the last 2 days and cold, yet today is stinking hot and we are all in a T-shirt at work! go figure..
its so beautiful up in the Bay of Islands, Keri Keri etc - when its not raining that is, I hope you had a great time anyway Very Happy
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 07:54 pm
Clary wrote:
I'm sorry your weather was lousy, Margo - the same happened to me in Feb/March one year - I was told it was very rare for there to be THAT MUCH rain spread over 5 weeks! Either it's global warming or there's a reason NZ is underpopulated...

Feb/March raining??? when was this? thats the height of summer, you sure you didnt get a bit disorientated from wandering under someones garden sprinkler Laughing Laughing
0 Replies