My kind of town, Chicago is...

JPB

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 02:59 pm
@Izzie,
HA!

You are absolutely prohibited from driving in Chicago!

No worries on getting around while you're here. Public transportation goes nearly everywhere we want to go and I drive downtown to the city regularly.
Izzie

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 03:05 pm
@JPB,
hahahhahha - wha..... you mean you won't let me drive the car after last years little road trip..... hahahaahahahaha! So laughing.

It's gonna be so good to see you JPB - can't wait to put my arms around you... might need to stand on a box - but, can't wait. Love you girl. x
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 03:41 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

Hey Garg - you gonna be around love? Be good to see ya!

If anything goes down on a weeknight I'm totally there. But I'm out of town every weekend in August.
Izzie

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 03:50 pm
@Gargamel,
Ahhhhhhhh.... we'll try and sort summat out for a week night - that would be great Very Happy
OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 04:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

When we lived in Naperville, we drove up to Lake Geneva, but I can't recall how long it took.
Map, if you're 50 miles North of Chicago, you're closer to Lake Geneva than you are to Chicago. A LOT closer. Beautiful Lake… is about 26 miles around if you want to hike the trail. Great if you want to see Mansions, but not so much for Nature. If it's natural beauty you want, I'd be looking about 2 hours north of there to the Wisconsin Dells. It's a tourist trap, but only because it IS such an extraordinarily beautiful place. In and around there you’ll find plenty of trails, camping, you name it.
Eva

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 04:58 pm
@Izzie,
You're in Dallas?!

Hey, if you're planning to drive through Tulsa on your way to Kansas, PLEASE stop for a visit! We'd love to see you again!!!

Remember, you have a room here. If S is with you, we'll fix up the sleeper sofa. All I need to do is fluff the pillows.
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 06:23 pm
Co-ed Prison Sluts is still playing on Fridays at the Annoyance Theatre. I'll be happy to accompany anyone who wants to go to that.
shewolfnm

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 06:25 pm
what dates is this happening again?

Anyone want to share a room? maybe?

i said MAYBE damnit..
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 06:29 pm
@joefromchicago,
joe, Sounds like fun; I may go to sleep, but I'd like to join you.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 08:28 pm
@Eva,
Hey Eva - I gotta lift up from Dallas to KS (that'll be that Rockerfella) - think we'll be on I35 - will let you know closer to the time what's happening. I am so disorganised...

fluid...

I like that better

I am so fluid..............

HA!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 08:32 pm
@shewolfnm,
MAYBE..........................

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh - loved talking with you today SheW....

MAYBE

MAYBE

MAYBE...

Oh... btw - my plans are changing as we speak... I'm trying to get hold of my niece in Houston. Thinking about little fella and I driving down to Houston on Wednesday, coming back Thursday nite...

so, maybe easier for you to come to Houston on Thursday, rather than Dallas on Saturday. Haven't spoken with Rock yet about his schedule... I think he's fluid too...........

waiting to hear from beautiful niece... then, it may be all stations go to see if anyone is around in Houston (Mac, Edgar... maybe) on Thurs. I know I know, I should be more organised. Need to get out the house and go do, so, major shift of plans going on here.

(ha, there's a thing Rolling Eyes )

MAYBE

MAYBE

MAYBE
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 08:41 pm
@Izzie,
Try to get in touch with PDiddie and his lovely wife.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 12:12 pm
I'll keep an eye out for updated Houston plans...
Izzie

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 01:57 pm
@mac11,
ok..... trying to get a car organised Shocked - S-boy is a little under the weather... not sleeping well - so ........... I think it would be better if we drive down Thurs, I'll spend the nite catching up with my niece and ex sis in law and look at all the wedding plans and stuff - then if we can maybe arrange a quick get together on Friday before we drive back if that's convenient for anyone - THAT WOULD BE FAB FAB FAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Mac hun - can you PM me your phone number and I will try and give you a call tonite and see if you are around Friday... lunchtime-ish. Edgar too.... PDiddies ..... anyone whose around.... looks like SheW will be joining us there. YAY!

May only be a quick get together - if you let us know where to be - we'll be! That would be just wonderful if we can make it happen and I can get my bahookie organised with the little fella Razz
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 03:33 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
We ended up doing a backpacking trip in the Kettle Moraines North in Wisconsin. It was a quick 30 mile 2 day trip.

I was really looking for something resembling the backcountry; this wasn't it. We were forced to stay in backpacking shelters (3 walls and a roof shelters), and the only water on the trail was from wells (no clean streams, etc). It wasn't too crowded, which was nice, but I need to find something much more remote. Overall, not a bad trip and a good start to my Appalachian Trail training (goal to complete the trip in 2011).
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 12:23 pm
@JPB,
Quote:
Depending on where she is in Lincoln Square, you could take either the red line or the brown line downtown. I know we plan on meeting downtown at least a couple times over the course of her visit...

Well, staying with my sis is now a moot point. She will be out of town on vacation, so ... I'm looking at either a day trip or... crashing with someone for the night maybe, um Rolling Eyes ...please?
Izzie

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 12:29 am
@devriesj,
Houston had a problem.

Now we're off to Austin tomorrow and back on Friday nite. KS on Sunday early morning. Very Happy
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 05:50 am
Yes
I am abducting the woman from across the pond.

Muahahahahahaha Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 06:06 am
i just found a round trip flight to chicago for 210.

that is absolutely in my budget .

oh my..
i better get my ducks in order and quickly.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 06:13 am
@devriesj,
devriesj wrote:
Well, staying with my sis is now a moot point. She will be out of town on vacation, so ... I'm looking at either a day trip or... crashing with someone for the night maybe, um Rolling Eyes ...please?

hmmmm.... I'm cooking up an idea for Saturday night downtown.

shewolfnm wrote:

i just found a round trip flight to chicago for 210.

that is absolutely in my budget .

oh my..
i better get my ducks in order and quickly.

Those are probably 14-day advance purchase prices, chica. Better hurry if you can (jumping up and down, rocking back and forth), and umm..... I'm cooking up an idea for Saturday night downtown.