My kind of town, Chicago is...

sublime1

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 04:11 pm
@joefromchicago,
Working Sat but thanks for the offer.

All we have to do is put our starters on a 12 day rotaion and the post season should be a cake walk.

Magic #6!
sublime1

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 09:44 am
@sublime1,
Magic # 4

eoe

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 04:03 pm
@sublime1,
Hey sublime, how's that Trump building coming along? Very Happy
sublime1

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 05:05 pm
@eoe,
Hi there eoe, haven't been in that area in a while although I still see appliances tagged for the building going out so I'm hoping my penthouse there will be ready by the time I win the lottery.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 05:19 am
@sublime1,
CUBS MAGIC NUMBER IS TWO!

If they don't clinch today, joefromchicago might get to see it tomorrow.
Gargamel

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2008 08:11 am
@eoe,
eoe wrote:

Hey sublime, how's that Trump building coming along? Very Happy

For some reason, the last ten stories require 600% more time than the rest of the tower. But, hey, it's September already, and a lot of construction seems to get done right before an election (funny how that works). Who knows?
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 10:59 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

Oh, and by the way, I have an extra ticket to the Cubs-Cards game on 9-20. Any of you interested?

Still got that ticket? I had a 6hr stop cancel and just got home.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 07:02 am
@wandeljw,
hey jw, we were down in your neck 'o the woods last night for Oaktoberfest. It was fun -- Nathan and the Cha Chas were MUCH better than the stuff we were listening to Thursday, but then I'll listen to zydeco over 80s pop any day.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 07:43 am
I hope we can get Sublime1 to join us in the A2K NFL thing.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 09:23 am
@JPB,
Quote:
hey jw, we were down in your neck 'o the woods last night for Oaktoberfest. It was fun -- Nathan and the Cha Chas were MUCH better than the stuff we were listening to Thursday, but then I'll listen to zydeco over 80s pop any day.

That's great, JPB. My wife and daughter were there too. (I was in Evanston, helping my parents). If it hadn't been for that, I probably would have recognized you at the Oaktoberfest and introduced you to my wife and little Annie. The local weekly, "Oak Leaves", photographed my daughter. Her photo might be in the next issue.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 07:05 pm
@JPB,
joe took us the the Oktoberfest on our last visit to Chicago, and that was really a fantastic venue with oompa music with beer flowing in huge tankards.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 09:13 am
Holiday Lunch anyone?

I'm outta-my-mind busy this week (and probably next) but I'm keeping Christmas week open for fun and games (and shopping and baking). Is anyone interested in getting together for lunch?

map -- do you have any days coming up that would work for you? Is so, let me know and I'll ping jpinMilwaukee and sublime to see if they can join us as well.
wandeljw

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 09:17 am
@JPB,
I would love to meet for lunch, JPB. (It may all depend on last minute scheduling for any of us Chicago area A2Ker's.)
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 09:18 am
@JPB,
I have 3 days off I can take pretty much whenever this time of year.

Pretty open from now until the 24th.

Lunch would be cool, as long as we can make it somewhere near a train line or accessible by bus. I hate driving in this weather.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 11:13 am
@maporsche,
It'll probably take a bus, airplane, and train, but I'm ready to meet you all in San Francisco for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner. Wink
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 09:27 am
Hey, sublime1 and Gargamel: any interest in joining JPB and me in seeing Co-Ed Prison Sluts on Dec. 26?
Gargamel

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 09:42 am
@joefromchicago,
Damn. I wish I were in town--the Annoyance is literally just around the corner from my new pad. I would love to see that show.

But I'll be in Milwaukee. Staggering drunk into the Christmas tree as I sing to my family a sarcastic and derisive version of Joy to the World.
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 11:16 am
@Gargamel,
Too bad. There's still one more show, on Jan. 2. Then... who knows? It may be back in another twenty years.
wandeljw

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 11:34 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

Too bad. There's still one more show, on Jan. 2. Then... who knows? It may be back in another twenty years.

Wait twenty years? I hope we have better luck waiting for the next Cubs pitcher to pitch a no-hitter. Wink
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 12:08 pm
@wandeljw,
Co-Ed Prison Sluts was the longest-running musical show in Chicago history, but when it closed in 2000 the director/producer/creator, Mick Napier, reportedly vowed that there would never be a revival, because Kahlua, who created the pivotal role of Fluffy, the hamster-eating dog, had gone to his eternal reward in puppy-thespian heaven. I was amazed, then, when I found out that it was being revived this year, and rather miffed that I found out about it with only about three weeks left in its run. Sorry about that, guys! I'm on the e-mail list now, so I'll be able to find out about these things a lot sooner.
0 Replies