Co-workers

Chai

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 12:38 pm
makesmeshiver

Does this sound like your co-worker?

Histrionic Personality Disorder

Symptoms
A pervasive pattern of excessive emotionality and attention seeking, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
1. is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention
2. interaction with others is often characterized by inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior
3. displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions
4. consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to self
5. has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail
6. shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotion
7. is suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances
8. considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are

This quite a bit of info out there to google.

I work with someone like this......

She talks about celebrities as if they are actually a part of her life
She thinks all men want her.
She constantly tells the most unlikely stories about things that happen to her.
She also, as I've mentioned in another thread, can take ANY subject, and make it about herself within 30 seconds.

You can be talking about income taxes, why the copier is jammed, hurricaine Rita, a ham and cheese sandwich, it doesn't matter, it's all about her.

She is also incredibly passive aggressive, but then again, that makes it all about her too.

Sometimes she gets to me, we've been working together for years, and it bothered me a lot more in the past.

I got over the worst of it when I realized that no matter what I did to preserve my sanity around her, it of course will be about her.

So, I just go about my business, close my door when I need to and don't worry about it.

I know, it's really frustrating, and I'm like you, I live in the world of reality.
However she just as firmly believes her reality is real.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 04:47 pm
OMG...YES, YES, YES...that is HER!!!!!!!!

UGGHH...I have two friends like that...lol

I have learned with friend number one that is just the way she is..and overlook her.

Guess I'm going to have to learn how to cope with Priss, cause yes...its frustrating!

We just laugh about it....here lately, if a man flirts with us, after he's out of earshot, my other co-worker will look at me and I"ll whisper.."Awww, oohhh he must want me!" WE giggle and go on.

Living in reality..lol: Wouldn't go that far on myself...J/K!

I tease about living vicariously through my split personalities fantasty life! LOL I tell them, she's a real doozy to have to deal with and if something goes awry, I can blame it on HER! LOL
0 Replies