Co-workers

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 03:25 pm
Ewwwww....Where I work, we have a lady there that I'll refer to as Priss.

When Priss started working with us, we all liked her very much.

Then you get to the part of where you..."Get to know her".

We've noticed in the last month or so, that any man that comes into contact with her at work...talks, laughs, jokes, insinuates, flirts...no matter their move....She instantly assumes they "Want" her.

A couple of days ago she walked into work to visit with us for a few moments and we had to hear of her horrible problems.

Priss: "Steph....I just don't know what I'm going to do...(Sigh) I have EIGHT men that won't leave me alone. (Sigh) I've decided that I'm going to put my wedding rings back on, so maybe they will leave me alone. (Sigh) One's even married, and going to leave his wife for me. Or thats what he told me the other night. (Sigh)

My reply: "Eight men huh? Damn, that sounds like a real problem to me...how much free time ya got? (Giggle)

Today at work it was this...And we have heard this remark from her about five times in the last few days...

Priss: "I've decided that I'm going to gain 300 pounds!!! I'm so sick of these men bothering me...wanting me. They want take NO for an answer!

My Reply: "You know...Umm, whats the deal here? You think that heavy set women can't or don't get any attention from men? Ummm, I'm fixing to take offense to that statement."

Priss: "Uggghhh,,...NO...I didn't mean it that way...what I meant is the one thats leaving his wife for me, doesn't like heavy women, I just wanted to stop him".

Me: "Well, I was fixin' to tell you that if you don't think that heavy set women can get attention, then you need to hang around for awhile."

(GIGGLES of the co-worker that was listening in on the conversation..that is just as annoyed with her as the rest of us are...LMAO Co-worker that was giggling probably wieghs 80 pounds soaking wet..lol )

Ok, time for a reality check here. Whats with this woman? Whats the condition called? LOL

She's worked at the store for over six months now, hasn't had one single date. Has even made the comment that she hasn't had sex in over three years.

And the man she's talking about leaving his wife, was only complimenting her. He works in a bar that she frequents. She is going around telling us that she's worried about her daughters emotions...if she is named in his divorce as the reason. (can we get a reality check here?)

I think the point that I'm trying to make here is the fact that we come into contact with a large variety of men on a daily basis. Each man is different, as well as the women that we come into contact with. But we know these men very well in some cases, and each one has their pick as to who they would rather deal with, sometimes its my co-worker, and other times, it me. (We cater to them, they are spoiled)

We have our jokes with a few of them, we flirt and carry on...making thier day, in return they make ours for either starting the flirtation or complimenting us in some small way. Thats what makes it fun at work...we enjoy ourselves. We even have pet names for a few of them...lol

But the fact is, we know its all joking and flirtation and means nothing more than that. Its a little ego stroking, which we take as harmless. Once the conversation is over, we go back to work, laugh about it later...make fun of them sometimes....its a very relaxed atmosphere.

So my question is this: Why doesn't this women in her 40's realize that its harmless and basically means nothing more than a good laugh? Why is she prone to take them to heart? And then have to make the situation into something more than what it is...to us anyways? And we know better.

The sad part is, we do like her, but she's beginning to be the butt of jokes...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,686 • Replies: 21
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 08:04 pm
Re: Co-workers
makemeshiver33 wrote:

We've noticed in the last month or so, that any man that comes into contact with her at work...talks, laughs, jokes, insinuates, flirts...no matter their move....She instantly assumes they "Want" her.

I wouldn't know, but when a man doesn't laugh at his wife's jokes, she's got problems. That seems the one dead giveaway on who is interested in whom.

Anyway, I didn't want to see this thread stay at the bottom of the stack.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 08:07 pm
I'm not sure what to tell you, Steph.

Let me think this one over.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 07:34 am
It sounds to me like she is insecure. You said something about her stating she wanted to put her wedding rings back on - I would assume then she is divorced? If so, how long ago was the divorce? Do you know what happened? Perhaps she is new on the single scene and doesn't understand harmless flirting or perhaps is insecure because of something that happened with her former husband.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 07:56 am
If its true then she is a big head but I know i say out of sort things like that for a joke because im feeling self conscious or embarrassed.
Maybe she is single and lonely and would like guys to pay her attention and this is the only way to kinda be in the limelight.
0 Replies

proudlybelizean

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 12:33 pm
attention is all she wants...thinks having so many men wanting her (could be insecurity here, too) might put her ahead of the rest...maybe she's a nympho on rehab...just having to constantly remind herself that it doesn't have to be sexual, only flirty hahahahah oh my, this one sounds serious, poor soul...just bare with her and try to bring her back down to earth periodically before she floats away, lol
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 01:18 pm
Aside from being besieged by an amorous octet (Do these guys do Barber Shop performances) have you seen any other signs of Priss being ... um...detached from reality?

Not remembering what she's said recently about her dating situation or her love life is a little...unusual.

Of course waitresses flirt with customers. Does she dress like a waitress or like a flirt?

What does she do when she's not working or perched on a bar stool?

Does her fantasy life interfere with her job performance?

Aren't people interesting?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 03:15 pm
Quote:
It sounds to me like she is insecure. You said something about her stating she wanted to put her wedding rings back on - I would assume then she is divorced? If so, how long ago was the divorce? Do you know what happened? Perhaps she is new on the single scene and doesn't understand harmless flirting or perhaps is insecure because of something that happened with her former husband.

Wedding Rings back on, because she thinks that looking married will knock them off her trail. She is divorced, has been for three years. Hasn't had one boyfriend in that time. Husband was caught cheating on her.

She talks as if she likes men. She flirts and has a good time with those that do flirt with her. But later on, the tune is changed to.."They want me".
We've noticed that everyman that she has contact with...at some point, they have sopposedly went out of their way to make a pass at her...and its turned around into a bigger situation that what it started out to be.

I have gotten so tickled over some of them. Because, YES...they are flirting. Buts all in fun. I have one man that I call, "Big Daddy"..lol We "oooohhh" and "Awww" at one another all the time. And then giggle....He come into the store one morning and called her "Baby". (He calls all of us Baby) She made my co-worker go and look at our cameras to see who it was...cause of the "Baby" remark. "

"He was puttin' the moves on her..lol" as she told it. And if thats the case, then he's put the moves on all of us..hehe WE just don't take it seriously...or maybe she has never worked in that setting and doesn't understand the environment of the place.

Quote:
If its true then she is a big head but I know i say out of sort things like that for a joke because im feeling self conscious or embarrassed.
Maybe she is single and lonely and would like guys to pay her attention and this is the only way to kinda be in the limelight.

I make jokes too, when I'm feeling self-conscious...lightens the mood. She's not much on joking, she does have a sense of humor, but seldom makes the jokes.

I figure she is lonely. Lonely for male companionship...she has many women that are her friends..but for some women, thats not enough. I'd probably feel the same way...I like men..lol

I'm hoping that I didn't sound harsh about her in my first statement. I do like this woman...she's a pretty lady, working on a college education, works all the time....and does have a sense of humor.

Quote:
attention is all she wants...thinks having so many men wanting her (could be insecurity here, too) might put her ahead of the rest...maybe she's a nympho on rehab...just having to constantly remind herself that it doesn't have to be sexual, only flirty hahahahah oh my, this one sounds serious, poor soul...just bare with her and try to bring her back down to earth periodically before she floats away, lol

I do think its insecurity...Now. Didn't look at it that way to start with. But I'm sure it is now. She does work with all women...except for a couple of guys. And we all have someone that comes in and flirts with us...ask for us...etc,. Maybe she feels as if she's left out?

Quote:
Not remembering what she's said recently about her dating situation or her love life is a little...unusual.

Of course waitresses flirt with customers. Does she dress like a waitress or like a flirt?

What does she do when she's not working or perched on a bar stool?

Does her fantasy life interfere with her job performance?

Aren't people interesting?

Yeah...its unusual not to remember what you've told. I have seen some that do that.

She doesn't waitress...she works one of the front counters, and she has had her moments with her clothing.

She has this one outfit...that she wears every Sat...because one of the older men mentioned that it would cause him to have a heartattack having to look at her in it..lol

And granted, she did look nice in it...but after that statement, bets were on as to clothing choices for Sat Morn...lol And it was the same hot pink shorts and tee. LOL

When she's not working, or perched on a bar stool...she's studying.

Her fantasy life doesn't interfere with her job performance...but I'm afraid that eventually, she's going to tell that a man wants her...to the wrong person. Persay, his wife? She's not from this small town, and doesn't know who everyone is, like I do...or my co-worker...so I'm afraid that she'll pick the wrong husband, or guy and the fight will be on.

But its not my fight, I don't have a dog in it...

We do like her...we have went to the bar with her, somewhat enjoyed ourselves....and will go again...and make our own fun..lol

I think what I'm getting at is the fact that there are a lot of women that work with her...and we each have our own special trait about us. But she makes us all feel as though we don't exsist...."Why who would be interested in YOU"...kinda attitude. Its as if...she enters into a room, all heads should turn to watch her enter. There is no others in exsistence when she makes her presences known...HA.

"GRRRRRR....I'm trying to word this right!!! LOL

Example: A group of us went to a bar a few weekends ago. Once inside, she challenged one of the ladies to a game of pool. While I sat watching them play pool, I had a man come and ask me to play. So I did...and everytime I would look at her, she'd blow me kisses ...(making fun of me) Holler at me from across the bar..."Whooo Steph..he wants some kissy kissy!"

I would just grin at her...and play some more pool. After 3 games with this man, she was relentless, to the point...I almost didn't enjoy myself. I was to the point of wanting to go home...(Grow up) Afterwards, I played pool with another man...and it was the same thing. I finally just quit playing pool and sat down with them. Which I turned to the other lady and made the comment about being ready to leave...which we did.

The other night was the same scenario with her. Except this time around, she chose not to speak to all of us ladies present with her at the bar...and there was 10 of us. She acted like we didn't exist?

Don't understand...lol Its almost like its a competition with her..and no one has challenged her to it.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 03:49 pm
Her world is an interesting place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Anyone who turns other people into the audience--or bits of the scenery--in a private drama makes me uncomfortable.

I've got a cousin like that--although in her case the men who make "passes" are nasty wicked beasts with only one thing on their minds.

This is a woman who has deliberately undressed in front of my husband. She was quite taken aback when he didn't slaver or pant or paw her.

Winter is coming. Does she have a coat to cover up the pink costume?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 04:04 pm
Yes, her world is an interesting place to visit, or we have noticed that it is. LOL

She did make me feel uncomfortable that night. I blew her off over it.

I don't hold things like that against people. It was silly on her part and I know some can be that way. But I'm not going to deny the fact that I wanted to act like a two year old myself and make the comment.."If it was you that they'd asked to play pool...you would have had a fit if we'd acted like that!" But I passed on it....lol

Noddy, you mentioned your cousin..which makes me think of my sister..lol

Did you not want to beat her over the head with a stick...when she deliberately undressed in front of your husband?

My sister has done that...come out of my bathroom with nothing on but a tee and panties and strolled around in my bedroom, in plain sight of my husband (he was in the living room within view) ..he just acted as if he didn't notice...and so did I. Even though I was peeved about it.

Man, I can attract them..
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 04:09 pm
I feel as though I should defend myself...lol

I have some very wonderful friends, but we get those few that come rambling through...make a good first impression and.....

Its the second or third one that makes ya stop and think about them..lol

Thats usually when we realize that some pysch hospital has lost a patient. lol
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 04:49 pm
My cousin is in her sixties and hates men. Hates 'em. She also hates her parents, dead and alive, her brothers and her sister and until I finally Put My Foot Down and severed connections, I'm sure and certain that she talked about me behind my back.

I understand through the family generational grapevine (which I've been on since I was 16 and she'll never be connected) that when she was a toddler she contracted VD from an amorous yard man.

If she knew this, I'd have heard about the blighting experience inflicted upon her by an uncaring mother and a father who was in the Pacific during WWII at the time.

My cousin is not one to suffer in silence--or to suffer alone. She does suffering on a grand scale.

What fascinates me about people like Priss is that on closer acquaintance you can see exactly why her husband might have been tempted to stray out of the story book.

Meanwhile, she's miserable, so she shares her misery.

I can sympathize--you make her sound fascinating and I don't have to work with her.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 06:34 pm
Wow..she sounds like a doozy to deal with.

Quote:
I understand through the family generational grapevine (which I've been on since I was 16 and she'll never be connected) that when she was a toddler she contracted VD from an amorous yard man.

Thats terrible...that would make you hate men. A "Toddler"? Ummmm

Quote:
What fascinates me about people like Priss is that on closer acquaintance you can see exactly why her husband might have been tempted to stray out of the story book.

Meanwhile, she's miserable, so she shares her misery.

I can sympathize--you make her sound fascinating and I don't have to work with her.

Yeah...I got to meet the EX. She had him made into some kind of Venus, and when I met him, I was not blown away with him at all. (in the looks department) He seemed like a kind and sincere man that had all his marbles. She hates him now.....

And its like I said.."We didn't pay this any attention, till here lately...when it seems to be every man that she comes into contact with".

Or maybe the new has worn off, and we have gotten to know her better and she is telling everything she thinks out of being more comfortable. Its funny how you meet someone and they seem quiet, till you get to know them, then its BOOM, you know too much!

We wouldn't hurt her feelings for the world, even though yesterday, I did perk up over her statement and confront her over it. But enough is enough at moments.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 06:41 pm
She is either whackers, or about to undergo a gentle growth process by hearing what you all are thinking.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 08:29 pm
LOL, ohhh, I'm afraid she'll over hear us at some point.

There is too many women in that store/cafe that work with her that is taking offense to her chatter. lol

It may sound so petty of a thing to deal with...Yea, it is. But we had to figure it out.

Were all women...we all have our own uniqueness, and there is not only ONE shining star in any single group of women.

Men find different women attractive, for different reasons. Granted, one man may find her more attractive, than they do my co-worker, we understand that...its life.

But it doesn't break our hearts...and we don't take it to heart.

Thats why we don't understand how some do..lol
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 08:47 pm
This thread makes me think you are talking about my ex-wife. She suffers from a condition that I named M.A.D.D.
Male Attention Deficit Disorder. If she is in a room with men, and she is not getting the attention she feels she deserves, watch out.
She will soon be the one physically dragging guys out of their chairs onto the dance floor, whether there is a dance floor or not.

Don't even get me started on her lipstick ritual application.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 08:49 pm
makemeshiver33 wrote:

But it doesn't break our hearts...and we don't take it to heart.

Thats why we don't understand how some do..lol

There was a song in the 90's that had the line "You're breaking something, but it's not my heart."

That seems to fit.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 08:56 pm
Y'all are not entirely joking here, and the woman in question may just not be clued in to routine flirting - or she may be selfinvolved in some problematic way. I dunno, as I don't know for Lion's x... it may well be part of a pattern.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 09:07 pm
LMAO........aww, LionTamer...poor guy YOU. I can only imagine.

I have this "friend"..lol, want me to introduce you to her? lol

I'm beginning to think maybe she's just not been out and about as much as she plays off. And hasn't figured out that 9 out of 10 men are just flirting to be flirting and its harmless. Its ego stroking...to each one...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 09:10 pm
Maybe she's desperate for a Man All Her Own--and saying something will make it so?

All the same, she should dust the toys in her attic.
0 Replies