Fighting terrorism by rethinking our national policies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:10 am
DrewDad wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Wrongo, Brandon.

The Bully is the US. The money is Oil. We've been jacking their lunch money for some time.

They have decided to stop giving in to us, not the other way around.

Amazing just how badly you can screw up your own metaphors; priceless, really

Cycloptichorn

You are incorrect, and badly so. I was being literal and not making a metaphor. I was talking about that member's childhood. What's priceless is that when I post clearly that I intended no metaphor, you still don't get it. I say something exceptionally simple, and then have to spoonfeed a simpler explanation to you people over and over until you finally grasp it. Many of you liberals seem to have the notion that if you induce an opponent to explain and justify some simple statement over and over that you have thereby won something.

Shall we speculate about your childhood Brandon? I'm guessing you never won any games as a kid.

Any time someone takes issue with what you say, then it's not that you're wrong, it's that they didn't understand. Here you've either used a poor metaphor, or made a snide comment about a new member. Seems you've chosen to be thought of as rude, rather than taking your lumps.

It wasn't a metaphor. It was literal speculation about the individual. It's interesting to see how many times I have to repeat something simple before you finally, finally, slowly, slowly grasp it.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:12 am
freedom4free wrote:
Quote:

I was talking about that member's childhood.

Its not nice talking about people you dont know, what has my childhood got to do with this thread ?

You are a bully !

If you want us, as a nation to meekly surrender to international thugs, it seems entirely possible that this is just a continuation of your personal behavior. Duh.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:14 am
There is a .3 probability that Brandon will understand any given metaphor.

So if he keeps on butchering them... one of them is bound to be good.

It's simple mathematics.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:15 am
DrewDad wrote:
freedom4free wrote:
Brandon9000 rudely wrote:

Its not nice talking about people you dont know, what has my childhood got to do with this thread ?

You are a bully !

Only 10 posts and you've cut to the heart of it!

Although personally, I think Brandon has more in common with ebrown's little brother. His thought errors make him incapable of winning a straight-up argument, so he dances around trying to deny that he said what he said.

Okay, let's not dance around it. I challenge you personally to tell me where in that post I indicated that it was a metaphor. Now, I'll demonstrate that you're the one who dances around arguments.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:17 am
ebrown_p wrote:

It's simple mathematics.

Your technique is very simple, very obvious, and disappointingly dishonest. You feel mistakenly that if you harass a conservative about a post, then somehow you win something. I'm wrong, you say? Okay, show me where I indicated that it was a metaphor.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:17 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
freedom4free wrote:
Quote:

You are a bully !

If you want us, as a nation to meekly surrender to international thugs, it seems entirely possible that this is just a continuation of your personal behavior. Duh.

So, rethinking our national policies = surrender

Duh.
0 Replies

Steppenwolf

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:23 am
Jeez, it wasn't a metaphor! He was just stating that Freedom4Free obviously has a personality deficiency; ergo the initial post and Pape's argument were bunk. The merits of the argument weren't worth discussing, because Freedom4Free probably acquiesced to bullies as a youngster.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:26 am
Steppenwolf wrote:
Jeez, it wasn't a metaphor! He was just stating that Freedom4Free obviously has a personality deficiency; ergo the initial post and Pape's argument were bunk. The merits of the argument weren't worth discussing, because Freedom4Free probably acquiesced to bullies as a youngster.

What you don't understand is that these are fundamentally dishonest people. Most of the conservatives here whom I have observed would not consider themselves to have won a debating point, unless they had done so by countering their opponent's argument itself. These sad people, on the other hand, believe that if they troop through a thread, harassing a poster about his post, and suggesting all sorts of absurd things about it, things that most of them know are false, that that constitutes some kind of worthy victory.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:29 am
Funny you should continue that way with the metaphor...

After my brother busted open the head of the bully, the bully didn't aquiesce just because of my brothers act of terrorism.

The next time they were together, the bully pummeled my brother until my brother accepted democracy. Together they set up a new constitution where the bully left bases so he could continue to collect lunch money.

After that, my brother awaited him with candy and flowers. And was a model of goodwill for the bully in the schoolyard.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:30 am
ebrown_p wrote:

It's simple mathematics.

ROTFLMAO!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:31 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Funny you should continue that way with the metaphor...

After my brother busted open the head of the bully, the bully didn't aquiesce just because of my brothers act of terrorism.

The next time they were together, the bully pummeled my brother until my brother accepted democracy. They up with a new constitution where the bully left bases so he could continue to collect lunch money.

After that, my brother awaited him with candy and flowers. And was a model of goodwill for the bully in the schoolyard.

I accuse you, here for all to see, of deliberate dishonesty. Show me where in my original post, I indicated that my statement was intended metaphorically.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:32 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
freedom4free wrote:

You are a bully !

Although personally, I think Brandon has more in common with ebrown's little brother. His thought errors make him incapable of winning a straight-up argument, so he dances around trying to deny that he said what he said.

Okay, let's not dance around it. I challenge you personally to tell me where in that post I indicated that it was a metaphor. Now, I'll demonstrate that you're the one who dances around arguments.

Someone has a little attack of cowardice, I think. Back up what you said or admit that it's not true.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:33 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

It's simple mathematics.

Your technique is very simple, very obvious, and disappointingly dishonest. You feel mistakenly that if you harass a conservative about a post, then somehow you win something. I'm wrong, you say? Okay, show me where I indicated that it was a metaphor.

The chances of Brandon actually having a personality or a sense of humor are inversely proportionate to the length of the stick up his behind....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:36 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
DrewDad wrote:
freedom4free wrote:

You are a bully !

Someone has a little attack of cowardice, I think. Back up what you said or admit that it's not true.

Fatigue, more like. I have to stop reading your posts from time to time, as my eyeballs get exhausted from being rolled so much.

I am choosing not to get into this with you, mainly because I have nothing but contempt for you and your methods of posting. I will, however, continue to ridicule you as I get immense enjoyment out of it.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:37 am
DrewDad wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

It's simple mathematics.

The chances of Brandon actually having a personality or a sense of humor are inversely proportionate to the length of the stick up his behind....

I shall take this as a tacit admission that you now know you were wrong, since you decline to back up your mischaracterization of the post as a metaphor. You, of course, lack the honesty or grace to admit your mistakes. If I'm wrong about any of this, you need only show in my original post where I indicated that what I said was metaphorical. You can't and we both know it. Dying to see your next misdirection.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:38 am
Quote:

I accuse you, here for all to see, of deliberate dishonesty. Show me where in my original post, I indicated that my statement was intended metaphorically.

I am just having fun with you Brandon. No need to take it so seriously. I just liked the metaphor... that's all.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:39 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Quote:

I am just having fun with you Brandon. No need to take it so seriously. I just liked the metaphor... that's all.

I'm accusing you of deliberate dishonesty. Show me where I indicated it was a metaphor.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:41 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
Actually,

If I didn't know Brandon and read his reponse to freedom4free's original post

I would think he was justifying the acts of the terrorists.

You know what I hate about this site? I not only have to state my position, I then have to spoonfeed a simple explanation of it to people over and over until they get it.

when I hate something I just don't go there. Of course, I'm smarter than the average bear.....
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:41 am
I apologize for my deliberate dishonesty.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:42 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
Actually,

If I didn't know Brandon and read his reponse to freedom4free's original post

I would think he was justifying the acts of the terrorists.

You know what I hate about this site? I not only have to state my position, I then have to spoonfeed a simple explanation of it to people over and over until they get it.

when I hate something I just don't go there. Of course, I'm smarter than the average bear.....

You have a good point, but I also hate to see people who are smug about their errors, which tends to keep me on the Politics board.
0 Replies