Body Acne??

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 11:42 pm
A little over a year ago I started getting body acne on my back and I don't ever get acne, let alone acne on my back. They are constant and do not go away. Sometimes I will have as many as 20 or more zits on my upper back and shoulders and it is very disgusting. I started trying to think of things that maybe triggered them to come, like a change in body wash or something. I got this acne wash from neutragena that started to work a little, but then today I broke out more than I have ever broken out before, its like, I can't leave it alone, and I can't treat it. I can't really think of anything that might have triggered it, the only constant thing I have used is the dove soap I bought. I started using dove soap but I don't see how that would create zits. Any advice??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 958 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 08:34 am
Two questions:

How old are you?

Have you been taking steroids?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 09:31 am
Great questions, Noddy!

From my understanding as an adult acne sufferer (it's over now - knock on wood) is that new cases of acne are largely brought on by hormone changes. You can try to treat it with topical solutions, low-level and long-term antibiotics (I don't recommend that) or diet. But, I think that most dermitologists would tell you you need to wait it out and treat the symptoms.

My dermitologist (see one if you haven't yet), told me to wash my face with mild soap 2-3 times a day. It may be hard to do this with your back. Perhaps showering 2xday would help. You don't really want to dry out your skin, just keep the area clean as acne are little infections.

Also, if you're a pre-menopausal woman, try using/changing birth control.
0 Replies

Foxy1983

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 06:30 am
My teenage brother sometimes suffers from spots on his back, he uses an oil control mousse made by Simple. Seems to do the trick.
0 Replies

Jonsey

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 12:00 pm
I would suggest seeing a dermatologist ...I agree that it could be hormone changes or could be a result of dietary, climate, skin oil levels.

Have you tried any products? I find that Burt's Bees has some good creams and a blemish stick that helps with acne.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 05:56 am
Acne happens because of clogged body pores. Keep your body clean.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 06:23 am
spidergal wrote:
Acne happens because of clogged body pores. Keep your body clean.
More to it than that..I bathed twice daily in my teens and often more and still I suffered from acne. Keeping clean is only part of the matter and how about the people who rarely bathe and have no acne?
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:22 am
Yes, of course there are other reasons. Sometimes, its due to hormonal imbalance, but clogged pores are a major reason. And bathing twice doesn't necessarily mean you are removing every dust particle. Steaming is a good way to open clogged skin pores on face.
0 Replies