Depo-Provera

NoNe

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 03:40 pm
Hi dudes.
The question is addressed to anybody who has any information about Depo-Provera. I had my first shot threee months ago, and everything went just perfect. No period, no weight gain(In fact, when I went the second time, Turned out I've lost 2 pounds). Yesterday I got my second shot, after three months interval. and....At midnight, I went to bathroom, and With Shock noticed that MY WHOLE FACE was covered with red brekouts. Which look like pimples. I am horrified. I met my friends today, and they all ask the same question "Oh my God, What happened to your face?". Very nice side effect about which I was not aware. Anybody knows if it is temporar or constant? Should I take my next shot in three months or Go on other brth Cntrl?
PS. I am a person who never ever got any pimples or breakouts during my entire life, hence, I even do not know what people do when they have them. Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,048 • Replies: 10
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 09:36 am
Maybe it's just me, but I love their music.
0 Replies

rainbows

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 09:55 am
depo
ive been on depo for about 2 years and never had any problems, periods stopped, didnt gain weight, have headaches or mood swings. although in the past few months ive been bleeding slightly on and off. i went to my gp it wasnt clhymidia or anything like that yet the on/off bleeding is still there and now comes with intense pain which i never used to have. ive never had period pain in my life. should i change birth control or is it normal? im so confused!!!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 04:32 pm
I have never gone on Depo ; but I have gfs who swear by it.
My friend Nikki broke out, like you are describing. She actually lost weight too. Some people gain weight.

I'm not 100% sure; but this sounds like a minor side-effect to put up with for some reliable birth control! Myself; I just use condoms (well, he does anyhow) bc of my wacky hormones. It would not be worth it for myself to go on DP.

Depo changes the balance of hormones in your bod. It's probably being caused by that. It may even go away with some time. I would just treat the acne, make sure to eat exercise drink fluids well etc.

sorry if that doesn't help much.
take care
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 04:38 pm
rainbow; I'd check up with my doc about that. Just to be safe.
It may be something that occurs with some women, but i don't know.
Also; why not do some research on Depo yourself. We could look: i'm sure there is a lot of info out there about it.

how bad is the pain? intolerable or merely uncomfortable?

This is so weird but I had serious, serious menstrual cramps my whole life. I have always exercised, taken herbs, all that jazz, but my period would always just knock me on my azz! WEll, I finally do NOT have cramps or pain. You know what it was that helped me?! This is so funny....Sugar! I cut sugar out of my diet, cut back on the caffeine...and wow what a difference!
just a tangeant I know....... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 09:40 pm
pain? I sometimes might not notice that my period started. I am one of those lucky people, who never have problems with their skin, period what else? LOL.
And I went to walgreens yesterday, Bought Acne treatment Scrub, Acne treatment Cucumber Mask, Acne treatment Lotion. All from Neutrogena. Came home, did them all, and now...the area around my mouth is dry and peeling out. I AM SO ANGRY~~~!!!
My doctor never told me about this side effect!
I tried to google "Breakouts Depo-Provera"...and seems like it happens to people sometimes. Confused
Why did not it happen to me last time I've got shot? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 11:45 pm
Don't know, NoNe.
Confused

Yeah, too much product can do a number on your skin too. It sucks; I know, but basic cleansing of the area and drinking extra water etc. should help.
Give it a little time; maybe it'll clear up on its own.

Lucky girl...no pains... Surprised
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 12:15 am
try dilute 1/2&1/2 tea tree oil applied with cottonball. it does wonders. but don't get pissed at me if it doesn't work! i just notice that with any acne or even bug bite it works pretty quickly.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 12:17 am
Man, great idea with the tea tree oil!
0 Replies

rainbows

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 09:38 am
depo-provera
thanks for replying! i need to do some research its just knowing where to look really! its a bit worrying im only 20 and ive heard a lot bout it making you infertile when your on it for a long period of time. you know of any sites with good info? thanks
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 02:16 pm
Re: depo-provera
rainbows wrote:
thanks for replying! i need to do some research its just knowing where to look really! its a bit worrying im only 20 and ive heard a lot bout it making you infertile when your on it for a long period of time. you know of any sites with good info? thanks
infertile? Shocked
Well, like some brth cntrls, when u stop it, it might take up to a year(rare cases).
today, it is the26th september, I've developed several acnes on my nose. Looks so ugly, and Today I am suppose to go out with my BF Sad
0 Replies