Rosetta Stone language software

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 05:27 pm
Has anybody used the Rosetta Stone software method to learn new languages?

They claim there is no memorization and that you learn it naturaly like the way you learned to speak when you were a child.

It sounds to good to be true to me and carries a pretty hefty price tag to find out that it is to good to be true.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 648 • Replies: 6
No top replies

husker

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 05:34 pm
sounds interesting
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 05:41 pm
If it works...
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 07:03 pm
I wanted to buy it once-- Italian-Swedish, but then I wasn't sure if I'd "remember" 'nuff swedish to make it work, so I cancelled my order.

You tend to loose your mother-tongue if you don't use it on day-to-day basis, and I feel it every time "talking to Sweden".

I've heard that Rosetta stone is the best way to help you learn how to speak the language you want to learn. You need +average language skills of your native tongue to benefit from Rosetta Stone. And with +average, I mean what you learned in school and didn't forget.

Y'all get it, 'ay?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 07:50 am
What do you mean by "You need +average language skills of your native tongue?"

Is it for people who already have an understandng of a language or can beginners use it? I know English and only English but would like to learn Spanish, Greek and German. Can Rosetta stone help or do I need an understanding of those languages first?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 04:33 pm
I've been looking into it as well. I can tell you that it is well regarded and that's rare with language programs.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 04:54 pm
my I/S manager has the Chinese program and said the same as CDK - there is one more program out there but it's even more expensive but maybe not as good as Rosetta Stone
0 Replies