Please Hlep Me Translate Latin to English!!!! Please.

lovely

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 05:10 pm
Please Help Me Translate!!!!! Please
Conspexerat Aurelia ingentem insulam e emittebatur magna vis fumi ac flammarum. Cornelia iam ad id aedificium summa celeritate currebat, cum Aurelia ei clamavit, "Cave, Cornelia! ei incendio appropinquare est periculosum."
Mox fumus omnia obscurabat. Cornelia aedificium ipsum vix videre poterat. Multi homines huc illuc concursabant. Ab incolis omnia simul aguntur; infantes ex aedificio a matribus efferuntur; infirmi e ianuis trahuntur; bona e fenestris eiciuntur; in via ponuntur cistae, licti ornamenta.
Cornelia spectaculum tam miserablile numquam antea viderat. Lacrimabant mulieres et libros parvos tenebant; lacrimabant liberi qui parentes suos quaerebant; clamabant parentes qui liberos suos petebant.
Via erat plena eorum qui ad spectaculum venerat. Alii ex adstantibus aquam portabant; alii in insulam intrabant et auxilium incolis miseris ferebant. Multi tamen nihil faceibant. "Nos certe nihil facere possumus," inquiunt. "in hac urbe solent esse incendia quae exstinguere non possumuss. Neque hoc aedificuim neque hos incolas servare possumus. Ecce! In tertio tabulato huius insulae est mater cum duobus liberis. Hi miseri flammis paene Opprimuntur. Si incolae se servare non possunt, quid nos facere possumus.

Please Help me Translate please please. i really need help with this translation
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,012 • Replies: 3
No top replies

George

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 06:42 am
This looks like homework from Mr. Lascelles at IHS.

Why not tell us what parts you're stuck on and maybe we can help
without doing the entire assignment.
0 Replies

badride5

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 11:28 am
Something to work with.

He/she/it had observe/see/witnessed Aurelia the not natural island out of was hurled the large/great/big/vast/huge strength of the smoke and of the flames. Cornelia now was he/she/it run/trot/gallopping to ... the building by the sum by the speed, with by Aurelia they he/she/it has proclaimmed," beware!, Cornelia! They to approach to the fire he/she/it is dangerous." Soon the smoke in all respects was darkening. Cornelia the building itself hardly to see he/she/it was able. The many men/peoples the men here there were running. By the inhabitants the all things at same time they are driven; The infants are carry outed out of by the building by the mothers; The patients are drawed out of the doors; The goods are cast/throw/fling/drive out/uped out of the windows; They are put/place/seted in by way of the chest/boxes, left the equipments. Cornelia the show so never before had seen to the miserablil. They were shed tearsing the women and were holding the small books; They were shed tearsing the childrens how? you may perform rites at tombs they were search foring the his mens; They were proclaimming the parents which/who they were attacking the childrens the his mens. By way of he/she/it was of full them which/who to he/she/it had come the show. Of the garlic out of stand at/on/by/nearing they were carrying the water; Of the garlic they were entering into the island and the help you live were bringing you will have sent. The many men/peoples nothing yet the faceibant. " we nothing to do fixed we are able," they say. " into here they are in the habit of the city to be the fires which/who to put out we are not able. Nor this the aedificu nor you live these to watch over we are able. Behold! see! look! there! here! [ecce eu! Into thirdly the floor of this the islands is mother with the duobus free. These the wretched peoples to the flames nearly Opprimuntur. If the inhabitants to watch over himself they are not able, which/who we to do we are able.
0 Replies

Mynona

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 09:13 pm
@lovely,
This is what i got:
Aurelia had seen a huge apartment building from which a force of smoke and flames were emitted. Cornelia was running to this building with the highest speed, when Aurelia shouted at her: " Cornelia watch out! It is dangerous for you to approach to the fire." Soon the smoke made everything indistinct. Cornelia could scarely see the building. Many men were running here and there. At the same time everything is conducted by the residents; young children are carried from the building by their mothers; sick people are dragged from the doorway; good things are thrown from the windows; trunks, beds, and furnishings are placed on the road. Cornelia had never seen such a miserable sight. The women were crying and holding onto their young children; the children were crying as they called for their parents; the parents who were looking for their children were screaming. The road was filled with those, who had come to the spectacle.
0 Replies