Mother in Law chapter II

sozobe

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 12:39 pm
Ooh! Shewolf! Look what I found for ya...

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/wri/98856393.html
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 12:40 pm
Holy googling, batman! I believe that job was made for our dear wolfie!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 12:41 pm
Oh wait, no monetary compensation.

Drat.

(There's a big brouhaha on craigslist about that right now, "if you want writers you gotta PAY us!!", but I digress...)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 12:52 pm
Laughing

test sex toys for a living.. well.. not much of a living..
that is funny.
that company should move to austin. ha
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 12:54 pm
They put it in the telecommuting section!

But I guess you gotta pick 'em up or something. Hmph.

I'll keep an eye out!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 01:05 pm
BorisKitten wrote:

First, erdoc is a complete idiot.

yes and no.
He is absolutely right about the 'bowel sounds.' BUT- he/she doesn't know the whole case, so drawing a conclusion from my vague post? Laughing
any-who
he is also right.. I should not be allowed to work again on my license.
If ever I thought I was above any protocol, rules, regulations or supervisor for that matter , my person SHOULD be questioned.
I completely agree that I got what i deserved when having my license removed. I am not above anyone else. I am not in any position to make those kinds of decisions and 'being heroic' doesn't play into anything.
I was stupid. I was arrogant and I was wrong. You will NEVER hear me say other wise. What I object to.. is the felony charge. THAT is where I believe the problem is. And that is due to more pieces of the puzzle then I have said here. I also know i don't have to ' delete my post' .. then, Tico confirmed it. ;-)

Erdoc was rude. but not entirely wrong.

BorisKitten wrote:

To make such a sweeping judgment of you while knowing virtually nothing about what sort of person you really are makes me fear for the welfare of his future patients.

it was often referred to as the ' god complex' more so found in general surgeons..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 01:07 pm
sozobe wrote:
They put it in the telecommuting section!

But I guess you gotta pick 'em up or something. Hmph.

I'll keep an eye out!

i went through craigslist this morning and found a few places that have since gotten a resume.
I have also went through another local austin paper, The Chronicle.
not much there..
i am hoping that, in these small local papers, i can find jobs like Boris described.. no back ground checks.. simple to the point work.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 01:09 pm
As far as I know, I haven't had any background checks for the ~20 jobs (most short-term) I've gotten through craigslist so far. They're from all over, mostly New York and Chicago. (All the stuff I do is home-based, so I check the "telecommuting" sections everywhere.)

I give my real, full name, so they may do a check and I just don't know about it, but I doubt it.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 01:11 pm
telecommunicating..

ok, im stumped.
what exactly is that?
> off to look <
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 01:17 pm
Telecommuting.

Basically it means "home based". It means you do the work by phone, email, or directly online. (I do the latter two...)

The way to search on Craigslist is to go to the city you want (but again, with telecommuting it can be any city), and in the search box writing "telecommuting" and then have it search "Jobs."
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 01:21 pm
Oh and it's come to mean something like "home-based", but what the word comes from is when people started to "commute" to their real jobs via phone or email. Like, if they had to fill out reports 2 days a week and it was just sitting in front of a computer regardless, they'd start doing it from home, stay in touch with boss/ coworkers via email, etc.

On craigslist, though, it usually (not always) means entirely home-based.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 01:27 pm
http://austin.craigslist.org/sls/98834543.html

i found one based in austin..
wow

( heeh the 512 area code )
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 01:49 pm
I've only just seen this - I'm with your supporters all the way shewolf - I hope it works out for you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 01:53 pm
<don't forget to look at craigslist for housing - my cubicle neighbour just got a great new condo rental through craigslist>
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 02:03 pm
I have followed this thread but I felt no urge to contribute due to the countless possible unknown factors.The parties do have my utmost sympathy.I don't think you would get this in England where help is free.It goes on the petrol price.

Having said that I think you have been a bit hard on the doc.I feel sure he was trying to help.As a sort of cold shower in between the warm glow of understanding.He offered himself up as a sitting duck to do it and that takes a bit of bottle.Sometimes Doctor Growler can be more helpful.Not always I'll admit but sometimes.The instructors in Full Metal Jacket had the interests of the recruits in mind when they acted as they did.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 02:08 pm
spendius wrote:

Having said that I think you have been a bit hard on the doc.I feel sure he was trying to help......He offered himself up as a sitting duck to do it and that takes a bit of bottle.

It doesn't take a lot of balls to be an a*shole, especially when you are anonymous. And I don't think he was being helpful in any stretch of the imagination.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 02:25 pm
Ooh, that one sets off my scam bells, shewolf. (Honed after being scammed myself...)

But look! Medical transcriptionist!!

http://austin.craigslist.org/hea/98982812.html

You can just click the email there and say something like, "I'm interested. Please send me more information." You don't have to send anything beyond that (resume, etc.) unless they ask you to.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 02:30 pm
Neither did I.I said there was a possibility.His being anonymous is neither here nor there.

There's no way I would have said what the doc. said with any intent to be nasty and I'll allow,another possibility,he might be the same.And he might not.If you do use the cold shower treatment in a concerned way you do it good.

I think assuming he was being nasty for nastiness's sake was a premature judgement.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 02:34 pm
In two or three weeks you can reword your Housekeeper ad offering expert, professional, pre-holiday cleaning for stressed professionals.

Also, as I mentioned before, if you can handle routine computer-cleaning chores like defragging that take a couple hours, say so.

Start thinking of ways you can save other people's time--and be paid with other people's money.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 03:06 pm
spendius wrote:

Having said that I think you have been a bit hard on the doc.I feel sure he was trying to help.As a sort of cold shower in between the warm glow of understanding.He offered himself up as a sitting duck to do it and that takes a bit of bottle.Sometimes Doctor Growler can be more helpful.Not always I'll admit but sometimes.The instructors in Full Metal Jacket had the interests of the recruits in mind when they acted as they did.

as usual, you make a good arguement.
i made my post a little softer to reflect my agreement with you..
not much softer , as his choice of words were not the best, but softer all the same.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 06:21:00