Mother in Law chapter II

Eva

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:12 pm
Re: Eva
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Eva, I'm shocked Shocked I thought christians never fibbed. You rascal, you. :wink:

We were IRISH Christians, BBB.

'Nuff said.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:24 pm
that crossed my mind too soz.
The whole reason behind my ' what will you do during the day"
I dont think she realizes how important a fence is when caring for an animal.
If anything, it gives you a chance to catch them before someones tires do it for you.

I hope she DOES find a dog .
Ian and I have both offered to help find her a dog.
Web sites, humane society , friends, adds.. what ever we can.
I just think this was too quick and with the dog already associating Jillian with fear, that makes for a dangerous situation for HER . And if the dog cant be around everyone, it cant be part of the family. It isnt fair to the dog to be secluded and I dont want Jillian to learn to be scared of dogs.
Dogs are great .. this one just isnt the perfect match.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:25 pm
irish christians eva?

drunk in skirts with no panties..kneeling to pray?

Laughing
sorry.. Laughing
had to make a funny....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 10:28 pm
That's okay, shewolf. Believe it or not, some of us have perfectly good senses of humor. Wink

Where did BBB get the idea that Christians never lie anyway?! <LOL>

I'd better go check on the Wine Cellar. I never know when the riffraff might wander in there.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 09:40 am
Eva
Eva wrote:
That's okay, shewolf. Believe it or not, some of us have perfectly good senses of humor. Wink

I'd better go check on the Wine Cellar. I never know when the riffraff might wander in there.

Oh, oh, I'm busted when Eva find me. I opened a bottle of pinot noire, laid it on its side on the table, and the wine is dripping into my mouth as I lay under it on the floor. That way, when the bottle is empty and I'm wiped out, I won't fall on my arse.

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 09:41 am
Eva
Eva wrote:

Oh, oh, I'm busted when Eva finds me. I opened a bottle of pinot noire, laid it on its side on the table, and the wine is dripping into my mouth as I lay under it on the floor. That way, when the bottle is empty and I'm wiped out, I won't fall on my arse.

BBB
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 08:34 pm
Hmm the dog thing is very disturbing.

If the dog has tried to bite Jillian already (and, three times, oy), the dog is giving fair warning of what he thinks he should be doing in order to be secure at home.

I have little doubt that he will try again.

Dog bites are a large problem in the US. And the warning signs are all there. Better to find the dog another place than to take Jillian to the Emergency Room. Given the way you are describing how the dog is currently being treated by MIL, the poor thing would be a lot better off anyway.

I urge you and Ian to not back down on this.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 01:46 am
I agree.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 07:40 am
MIL took the dog to a vet to ask about training it.
Even the vet said there is no question in his mind that the dog needs to go.
Once they ( dogs ) have learned , or got it in their heads to protect themselves from someone, they will ALWAYS have that thought process and no amount of training will change that.
Of course, the dog is still here.
She got the dog from her boss and says that she needs to talk to her because her boss wont want to see the dog go to the shelter. Since her boss was working so hard to find that dog a home, a small piece of me can understand that.
But the majority of me is watching this dog be cooped up in her room ALL day, no exercize, no regular food .. he may poop on her room is her reason.. he isnt being socialized, and she is " bonding" more and more with him.
I just know she will try to explain and guilt trip her way into keeping this dog no matter how unsafe he is with jillian.
This selfishness floors me.
Jillian is a baby.. unable to even speak her mind, and to MIL , it is ok to keep an animal who is scared of jillian and is willing to bite jillian.
We are not backing down, but a drunk person is so hard to talk to. She isnt rational and her selfishness is above and beyond reason.
How do you battle with someone who throws themselves around like a 2 year old?
She has heard it from me, her councilor, a vet, and Ian that this dog is UNSAFE for jillian..
yet, she says " I feel good with him. I need him"
she makes me sick. I have lost any and all respect for her.
Come monday, after she has talked to her boss, if there is not a concrete plan underway to get rid of that dog, I think I will have to play momma wolf and start yelling again. I hate having to do that.
All shelters are closed on the weekends, so that is an understandable reason to not be able to get rid of the dog immediatly. The only option at this very minute would be to let the dog run away and that is more abusive to that animal then leaving him in the room. But when monday comes, and these shelters are open, or her boss can come get it.. there is no excuse in the world.

( tap tap tap.....) we cant start looking at houses fast enough.
>sigh<
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 09:21 am
What a nightmare.

There's a reason the boss wanted to get rid of that dog.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 09:35 am
Yep.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 02:27 pm
honestly, I dont see a reason for anyone to get rid of this dog.
his fear of jillian aside, he is the most laid back, happy go lucky dog I have ever seen.
No barking, he isnt excitable, he is happy just laying at your feet or walking down the street.
he would make someone a GREAT house dog.. just.. not with kids .
I am amazed with him frankly.
Even being locked up all day, he isnt destructive, he isnt barking, he is just happy and content.
If there is something else I dont see yet.. well.. it must be well hidden.

He just cant be around kids. At least this one that is.
>sigh<
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 03:34 pm
I think children need to be a bit older to be around pets anyway. Jillian is too young to realise what may hurt or frighten them and cat or dog could hurt her out of fear.

I hope it works out for you.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 09:28 am
Wow.

in about 6 months, I cant believe how far I have come from being the shriveled up crying mess I was.

I remember that heavy hateful feeling I used to have when i started this .
Good news is that it isnt there anymore.. as heavy as it was I should say.

She (mil) is on an up swing.

Not that that really matters much. I give her life choices about as much thought as I do my cats ****. But it has made for an easier place.

Since I have started this cleaning 'business' I have made close to 2,000.
And at this point in time , am considering partnering with someone to keep up with the work I have, and to be able to branch out a bit more.

I am not sure if I will do that, but I just realized how far I have come with this.

I started with 2 clients and worked only 2 days a week.
Now I work wednesday, thursday, friday and sunday regularly.

Other days are generally filled with one time cleans. Usually after house party cleanings or before family arrives deep cleaning.

We have 3,200 to our names right now for a home.
When I started this job/thread, we had 327.80 $ in a plastic bag in our bed room. That was our savings account.

I have paid off several small debts and finally got the Mister to begin doing the same thing. He only has 4 accounts on his credit, so we had to focus on mine first. Mine was over 50,000.
Before my hip failed me, I had 2 cars financed, and 3 credit cards I kept to a minimum of 25 dollars charged on. My credit was 675 and i was working on getting it higher so we could buy a house THEN!

And that thought scared me from doing anything. Who in thier right mind could come up with 50 grand out of no where?

So, I took a credit class. Learned how to deal with it and now my credit rating is above the 560 I started with.
I have paid off things for less then 30% at times and have even opened a small line of credit with an appliance company that has so far boosted my credit almost 20 points.

In my work, I have learned about several housing projects and city funded assistance programs that we qualify for and are going to get us into our own home.

The sniffling, crying, seriously co-dependant, internet addicted person who started this thread would have never gotten this done.
Its amazing what time and pain does to someone.

I also learned last night that my best loved client , a lawyer /SAHM of 2 is a real estate lawyer.
WOW!
She loves me , needless to say.

As I was leaving last night, out of the blue, she handed me a list of programs, Habitat for Humanity being on that list, and told me to look into them for some housing assistance.
Really nice of her! Some of these I have never heard of.

Lets top this wonderful gift off with the fact that she sits on the Board of Directors and is directly responsible for acceptance of applicants.
She told me to put her name down as a reference so that we can get a house.

I almost burst into tears.

All of the programs she is head of require NO money out of pocket and automatically sign you up for the city assistance programs with utilities, land taxes, home insurance.. you name it.

The house payments in these programs are between 4-600 dollars.
That is exactly what we can afford.

you need to make less then 32,000 a year .
Thats us. And we are a family of 3 so we qualify even more because a family of 3 needs to make less then 52,000 a year.

This woman has handed me a gift I dont know how to repay besides busting my ass for her any chance i get.

Im amazed at how much things are falling into place for us.
And , as cheesy as it sounds, it started here. A place for me to vent and sit still in my misery and lick my wounds .
There isnt a single bit of advice on this thread that I have not taken.

Its just amazing.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 09:32 am
Wow, I'm about to burst into tears too. I'm really happy for you, sweetie.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 09:34 am
shewolfnm wrote:

This woman has handed me a gift I dont know how to repay besides busting my ass for her any chance i get.

She doesn't want anything, I am sure. You getting a home and getting on your feet is probably all the thanks she needs.

I am so happy things are getting better!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 09:41 am
I had a wierd dream last night about me and ian and bean

We were in a small blue and white home with a small picket fence ( so tv style i tell ya... Laughing)

I was inside with bean , and he was outside with a rake in the yard and we all had these really fake , stretched smiles on our face.
It was like a commercial for some 50's sitcom.

hillarious i tell ya..
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

shewolf
Getting out of a strong woman's way can result in wonder things happening. You've proved it!

APPLAUSE!

Hugs and kisses,
BBB
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Well that really sounds excellent - you worked a lot for getting this, shewolf!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 09:52 am
Shewolf, your update has cheered me up today. Thank you.

You'll do alright, methinks.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 08:23:09