Mother in Law chapter II

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 01:17 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Tico, you are surprisingly likable.

Well, I nearly invited him for beer some minutes ago - could delete the post, however before someone else posted.

I must admit, however, he has more than some itsy bitsy teeny weeny likable sites. :wink:
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 01:19 pm
erdoc, I can appreciate your point of view but perhaps this thread could make better use of your talents. http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59935&start=0
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 01:23 pm
erdoc, aka Nurse Ratched wrote:
You don't need to worry about ignoring or not ignoring me on this thread or any other. I have seen more than I need to see to ascertain that the quality of discourse on this forum is of little interest
to me.

Does that mean you'll be leaving now?

I'll leave you to continue practicing your enabling and arm chair psychiatry in peace now. I'd just warn you to be careful about who you might libel in the meantime

This person essentially accuses shewolf of stealing prescription pads to support a drug habit, then has the gall to warn the rest of us about whom we might "libel"?

Laughing

(the resident involved or someone who knows him/her might recognize him or her and the facts of the case as it was described -four years ago, Texas, 34 year old father of two with possible bowel obstruction- and take issue with the fact that the facts of a case in which s/he might have ended in him/her being accused of malpractice are being discussed publicly). Because as a matter of fact, I was directed to this thread by a colleague of mine who read it and found it very interesting. In fact, if I were you, I'd think about deleting that post. There, just saved you from one more potential disaster in your life-maybe you should ask yourself why you keep creating them.

Shewolf, please take it from me, you have absolutely nothing to fear vis any such lawsuit from the doctor treating "Texas, 34 year old father of two with possible bowel obstruction." Laughing
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 01:27 pm
actually i know no one cares what you have to say because you insulted, belittled, and were downright hurtful to, to quote bella, a loved member of this forum who came here looking for guidance and help for dealing with a situation in her life.

your post lacked completely any understanding of the person involved, shewolf, and the context behind her life.

and i don't find her blaming anyone. she is moving on. she isn't blaming her mother in law, she came here asking for help as to what she should do in the situation and to vent her frustration. and if you read the thread closely, she and her family have expended themselves keeping things financially viable over there...how that is charity on the MIL's part i have no idea.

hmmm, arrogance, sensitivity to a malpractice case...makes me wonder...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 01:29 pm
Shewolf,

Damn, I just saw this thread and have nothing substantive to offer but I want to send hugs, prayers and whatever else I can send to help give you some strength.

Taking whatever steps you can to find a way into your own place will hopefully give you enough to hold on to. Lights at the end of tunnels are sometimes hard to see but each step brings you closer to the goal.

Letting your MIL know how you feel isn't a bad thing, IMO. She can hear how her actions are affecting all of you. Whether she will act on it or not remains to be seen, but I don't think you need to keep your feelings bottled up.

Take care, She. I firmly believe there is light at the end of every tunnel.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 01:30 pm
maybe this is the guy i saw in austin who sent me home telling me nothing was wrong when i had an ovarian cyst the size of rhode island and i almost lost an ovary thanks to...hmmm more malpractice...it was an ER doc...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 01:31 pm
dragon49 wrote:
hmmm, arrogance, sensitivity to a malpractice case...makes me wonder...

...yeah, maybe he's a doctor.

Did I mention that I've met very few doctors who were worth a ****? Mostly they don't listen, make snap judgments, and write a prescription for something you don't need as quickly as possible in order to get you out of there with the fat bill in your hand. Most of them couldn't diagnose their way out of a paper bag.

And did I mention that they often have egos that are disproportional to their abilities?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 01:40 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

This person essentially accuses shewolf of stealing prescription pads to support a drug habit, then has the gall to warn the rest of us about whom we might "libel"?

Laughing

(the resident involved or someone who knows him/her might recognize him or her and the facts of the case as it was described -four years ago, Texas, 34 year old father of two with possible bowel obstruction- and take issue with the fact that the facts of a case in which s/he might have ended in him/her being accused of malpractice are being discussed publicly). Because as a matter of fact, I was directed to this thread by a colleague of mine who read it and found it very interesting. In fact, if I were you, I'd think about deleting that post. There, just saved you from one more potential disaster in your life-maybe you should ask yourself why you keep creating them.

Shewolf, please take it from me, you have absolutely nothing to fear vis any such lawsuit from "Texas, 34 year old father of two with possible bowel obstruction." Laughing

Thanks, Tico. That's good to hear.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 01:40 pm
might i add that i for one sure hope erdoc is never my ER doc. i have met brick walls with more compassion.

and yes freeduck, many doctors aren't worth a poo. i have met my fair share-as i described one above who i have no idea how he missed a huge ovarian cyst (i'm talking huge-like cantaloupe size). Smile not all though, i have some very near and dear to my heart.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 01:44 pm
I have met two that I thought were pretty good.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 01:51 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
I have met two that I thought were pretty good.

Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 02:00 pm
shewolf, I just saw this forum on mother-in-law. The title you used was funny! It looked like Chapter 11 - or filing for bankruptcy. LOL
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 02:17 pm
Dr Who?

Has he gone to troll someone else, I wonder?

He had as much compassion as someone might have for a lobster in a tank at a restaurant.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 02:37 pm
On md's: I have known many smart and compassionate ones; some smart and seemingly uncompassionate, but that may have just been a cool cover;some who've made some poor decisions as judged by their peers' comments. There is the occasional berserko, like the fellow who was kicked out of practice in Portland and is now wreaking havoc in the far east, but those folks are, I hope, pretty scarce - I haven't met any myself. I haven't personally known any downright mean md's, or read any, until I read this post today.

There are appropriate hospital processes, erdoc is right on that. It is not my business to judge my friend on her past decision.

It is my business to comment as best I can to help her in her decisions now.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 03:25 pm
Osso--

Hear! Hear!

Besides, erdoc was offering legal advice without being licensed to do so.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 03:29 pm
ossobuco wrote:
There are appropriate hospital processes, erdoc is right on that. It is not my business to judge my friend on her past decision.

It is my business to comment as best I can to help her in her decisions now.

i believe a man once said, "let he amongst you who is without sin, cast the first stone"

how nice to know someone as perfect and obviously pure of heart and deed as erdoc has graced our presence

osso you hit it right on the head

erdoc, i can only assume that you were hit on the head
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 03:36 pm
Remember...they call it "practicing" medicine.

I've always wished I could get a deal like that. "Sorry I blew your marketing budget and drove away your customers, Mr. CEO, but after all, I'm just 'practicing.'" <drives away quickly in new Jaguar, thanks to fees paid by CEO>

Obviously "erdoc" needs a little more practice.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 03:52 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Coward that won't post under their real screen name....

Methinks that Drewdad is one shrewd cookie.

Well done, DD.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 04:27 pm
TY Smile

Also, having dealt with some confidentiality stuff myself, Tico's right that the description of the patient did not come anywhere near to breaking confidentiality.

Methinks that ERDoc is in need of some laxatives, 'cause he's full of "it."
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 05:04 pm
Hi Shewolf, there is a place in Austin that's there simply to help those who need assistance on a temporary basis. There are no background checks.
It's called Caritas and the phone is (512) 472-4135 or 479-4610. What they can do is completely up to the caseworker with whom an appointment is made.

Good luck to you. For God's sake you have paid a price for what you did, right or wrong. Seems like forgiveness is in order. My niece spent 2 years in prison for one too many dwi's. She had no trouble getting a job when she got out and is attending college now, free.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 03:30:32