Mother in Law chapter II

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 11:45 pm
You're doing excellent, shewolf - congrats!!!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 06:59 am
Thank you.

One of the reasons I left that meeting pissy was because I knew, and they pointed out, how I have just begun to sit around and take things instead of doing anything about the situation, And that really got me angry.
First of all, how could they POSSIBLY say that? They had no friggn idea what it is like here and the things I HAVE done..

But, what they pointed out was that , the things I have done were not things to CHANGE the situation, but only aggricate it more.
Keeping a busy schedule so i was away from the house
Not working
Ignoring my friends
Keeping bean IN THE house all the time, and nto giving her HER OWN schedule of things to do
Not being honest
Not finding support
Not talking to Ian , or encorporating him into my own selfis behaviors

THe list could go on and on about the things i was doing wrong and how I wasnt actively trying to change anything.. And.. yeah.. the truth got me angry, but.. noone likes that anyways.
I came out of that meeting angrier then I have been in a long time. But I think I needed that.
I have become immune to the anger that the drinking causes me because I feel that every day.
I have forgotten the anger that watching my family suffer through the drinking behaviors causes because.. again.. i am almost numb to it from repeated exposure.
So this was a bit of a wake up call.

it was better then thick sweet coffee in the morning.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 07:23 am
Oh Shewolf, I'm so happy for ya!!!!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 11:51 am
shewolf
shewolf

Admiration for your self-honesty.

Thankful you still have your wonderful sense of humor.

So glad you have Bean as a life saver. Ian ain't bad, either.

Remembering that you are a determined survivor whatever it takes.

People love you!

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

BBB
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 11:51 am
Just catching up, Shewolf. Sounds like a great plan! I hope things continue to look up for all of you.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 12:18 pm
Don't knock yourself so hard, Shewolf. You did all those things because you were focused on making sure that you, Bean & Ian surviving her drinking. Not because you're a selfish person.

But now it sounds like you have an even bigger plan. That is great! Surviving is good, but thriving is better. Like I said before, I am proud of you.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 12:22 pm
a great start on sorting it all out - fingers still tightly crossed! Very Happy
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 12:30 pm
im not knocking myself too hard.
I mean,, i need to be knocked around a bit, but not too hard. hehe
I just hate having to work out so many things when I just want the answer to be simple , easy and to the point.
I just wanna move out.
Period .
I dont wanna have to work on ME, i dont want to have to do ****.. just pack and leave.
But , until I do A,B,C, and D... i aint movin no where.
>sigh<
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 12:34 pm
The ability to self-analyze is a precious one, but it can be painful. Good job.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 08:11 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
I mean,, i need to be knocked around a bit, but not too hard.

Well, Ian can sure help with that one! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 10:47 pm
yet another drunken fight comes to an end.
of course, she hasnt been sober.
but now her drunken rage is aimed at me.
I told her yesterday about my decision to go into business for myself working in housecleaning.
her anger is now that she has a garage full of stuff i should clean. She has things the has left everywhere that i should clean. she even went as far as to say i should get out.
yeah , i know, those topics dont even go together, but in her mind it does.
She of course sobered up.. a tiny bit, then apologized.. for what ever that is worth Rolling Eyes
i dont know how i feel right now.
i am angry, yes. but i am also sick. Im frustrated, im confused,
i dunno.
I will write more in the morning when i have had time to chew this through
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 06:20 am
oh dear, sorry to hear that. Concentrate on getting your business up and running - as it develops maybe take on staff to help out? (on a self employed basis so you don't have too much admin hassle) there are companies here that provide cleaners and it means that even if the 'regular' is on holiday, there will be someone else to fill in - one step at a time of course.

I hope it works out for you and you can move SOON
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 07:19 am
Everyday for the past several months groceries have been brought into the house, put on the counter and left. Trash is thrown at the trash can, or left on the counter, or ...if we are lucky, she will put it in a bag and place it next to the trash can. Doesnt happen very often. Glasses full of juice, soy milk, and plates with half eaten food are left on the counters, on the table and ..again.. if we are lucky she will put it in the sink.
It is essentailly a ' scavenger hunt" for her mess sometimes because you never know where the food will be left and so Bean doesnt end up putting in it her mouth several days and a few pieces of mold later.. I gotta find it .
Everyday, no matter what I am freaked out about 5 pm when I know she is getting off work. And i make jillian remain in her high chair so I can go around the house and make sure there is nothing out of place. You know why?
Because she, when drunk, blames me for her mess. Just like that.
It is as if I ampaid to go behind her and clean up.

I had my first client today. Very Happy That felt great.
It was an initial clean for 3 hours. After that we spent a good hour or so just talking. She is a really great woman! I had fun working with and for her. I got home about 6 or so. Took over with Bean care, bathed her, fed her dinner, put her to bed.
While I was gone, Ian was doing that .. of course.. hehe
He left some dishes in the sink from their lunch. It wasnt much. A plate from him, her glass and bowl, and his glass and silverware
According to mother in law, that was MY MESS.. She even asked me why i made it.. Having told her several times.. mind you she is drunk.. she tells me she doesnt beleive me and that the mess is mine. It is what I did, and Ishould clean it up.
This is the mindset I always had a suspicion she was in. That no matter who does what, it is my mess. She can watch Ian make dinner, and make a mess while he is cooking.. and later on , yell at me as if I am a piad housekeeper.
The dishes are always clean. The floor is always swept, the counters are always washed, Jillians toys are always put away, the trash is always taken out.. and I had to listen to her tell me that I did nothing, that Ian did everything.
No matter how much we corrected her. No matter how much i showed her the 'chore list' that ian and i have come up with by ourSELVES, she tells me that it is always my fault. Over and Over and OVer again..
So, i got tired and being childish, i went to the kitchen, dining room and livcing room where she has just dumped everything.
She insists, that she makes no mess. Ever. Everything that is out of order is MINE.. in her mind.
So I scooped up the opened and un opened mail, the magazines, the trash, the packages of food, the booklets, the empty water bottles ... i mean EVERYTHING.. and i piled it at her feet.
It was a pile big enough to almost come to her knees. These are things that she has left, thrown down or told us .. " Im just going to leave it here".. while she goes and drinks for several days.
I took advantage of the fact that she was drunk, to yell at her. Like i have always wanted to. She wont remeber.. but I feel better. Terrible thing to do, I know. But I am so tired of being used as a scapegoat to her own lack of cleaning. I am tired of being told that everything that is out of order in this house is my fault as if I dont so a thing to keep this house clean. I am tired of being blamed for messes that dont belong to me to the point that she thinks I should leave.
After i piled things up in front of her so she could see the clutter she has created in the last 48 hours.. she got pissed. Confronted with reality.. she tried to wiggle out of it and said things like.. " I dont want to clean up'. or " that isnt my mess you are lying" ( while the mail was addressed to her Rolling Eyes ) and when she couldnt argue anything any more, she stood up and said to get out of her house. Just me. Not ian, not bean.. just me. She said she has never liked me and doesnt want me here anyways. She had to let me in because I am her grandaughters mother. But nothing more. Nice huh?

So after that feverpitch, more yelling resumed. Each of us showing her how things have become SO MUCH worse since she started drinking 24-7. Truthfully, things wereNOT this bad when she was just drinking at night , after dinner, in her room. She wasnt this hateful, she wasnt this angry, she wasnt this .. mean. But now , she wakes up, drinks, falls asleep, wakes up from her nap, drinks, falls asleep, wakes up in the middle of the night, drinks, falls asleep. She drinks almost 2 bottles of wine a day. I mean.. just shy of 2 bottles by about 1 or 2 glasses. That much alcohol has made her a hateful person. We tried to show her how things have been terrible living there trying to main tain a whirlwind house that is treated like a trash dump . How we cant fight all the time because she is drunk and feeling miserable. How we have done so much for her to try to make her feel better and offer help. From stained concrete floors, to painting the walls, to planting trees, flowers, tilling the yard, re arranging furniture, moving things from the garage , packing her mothers stuff and moving that here, removing old carpet, old furniture.. the list could go on and on. And it has from day 1. Aside from basic house cleaning, we have done things to add property VALUE to this house as well.
But all of that doesnt matter when she is drunk and we become the soul reason for her unhappyness. Because we are here, she is unhappy, if we leave , she will be unhappy, if we use a dish she is unhappy, if we wash a dish she is unhappy.. we have become a crutch for her drinking and it is getting harder and harder to manage. We can no longer support this " crutch" but are in no immediate ability to move.

I have a working plan in order to get us out. And it starts with me getting odd jobs cleaning. At this point it will be 6 months before we can finally begin looking for a place outside of here. So my best bet is to just keep sane, keep in mind that this is temporary , and handle my customers as if they were gold so I can re-use them as referrances later.

>sigh<

As the wolf family turns..
Laughing
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 08:22 am
are there any stairs in the house?

i mean sometimes drunks have nasty accidents

the preceding sentiments were for entertainment purposes only, and were not meant to be taken seriously

well not very seriously anyway
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 08:26 am
djjd62
djjd62 wrote:
are there any stairs in the house?
i mean sometimes drunks have nasty accidents
the preceding sentiments were for entertainment purposes only, and were not meant to be taken seriously
well not very seriously anyway

I suggest you need to take a lesson from the recent "inappropriate remarks" of Bill Bennett. After, all. the woman is the mother of shewolf's husband. Some things are not funny even if intended to be so, especially when the poster is in such pain.

BBB
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 08:35 am
can you borrow a video camera from anyone? a video of her yelling and being hateful and unreasonable might shock her if she's shown it when sober.

Drunks have very convenient memory systems.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 08:46 am
Laughing Laughing
actually.. that was a pretty funny statement.

That is funny Vivien, because we BOTH grabbed cameras last night. We have a video camera and the regular digital.
She grabbed the video camera from ian and I wasnt bright enough to get a digital photo of her stumbling over furniture, or laying on the couch because she couldnt hold herself up.
Next time, I am going to silently put the video camera in the room and after her 2 minute memory lapse... turn it on.
This was 4 hours of drunken mess , yelling, stumbling etc. I can fit that on tape. ;-)
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 09:29 am
shewolfnm wrote:

Next time, I am going to silently put the video camera in the room and after her 2 minute memory lapse... turn it on.
This was 4 hours of drunken mess , yelling, stumbling etc. I can fit that on tape. ;-)

YES!!!!!!

she'll have a shock because drunks have huge illusions about their behaviour and don't have any idea how objectionable they are.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 09:37 am
I agree, Vivien.

(The 'worst' my mother did, was collecting all the small bottles I drank 'secretely' and put them on my bed. Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed )
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 09:43 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 09:35:48