39 married and want to be onmy own

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 06:23 am
Married 17 years. 2 kids. Not happy in home because of many reasons. He is nice and sweet but I am not in love anymore. I want to be on my own but am affraid I will miss him. I want to be close with him but give both of us a chance to find better partners. I feel making him hang on for no reason is not fair and even though I may regret it later I know I cannot be hurtful to him by just staying in the marriage. Are there people who stay married and live appart? what is the alternative? If any? I do not want to hurt him, just have my own world. Life so hard sometimes I think I should just stay and keep my mouth shut.

Help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 772 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 06:51 am
No. You shouldn't keep your mouth shut. But neither should you expect that everything will work out for the best if you don't keep quiet. You may lose your kids. You may miss your husband. Many of us realize too late what we've given up. I suggest counceling first, to detemine if there is any chance of saving this marriage. Divorce, IMO, should be reserved for only extreme cases.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 04:20 pm
I wonder what people say who have been married and live in seperate places? It seems that living together when married always causes some problems, maybe living seperately could be some new-age alternative
0 Replies

butterfly202

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 06:00 am
Stay or go?
I have tryed counceling and that was eye opening. I have discovered that he is not capable of giving me what I need. He trys but I still feel no attraction to him. I want to be sexually active but I am not attracted to him at all. He is very stubborn as well when it comes to our issues. So I end up doing all the changing and he stays the same. This had been going on for the last 11 years. We have been married for 17 years. So I have been working on fixing myself. but now feel its not me because the only thing left for me to change is how where I stant on our issues. Then I have given up on all my dreams if I do that.
0 Replies

TheSarge

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 05:48 pm
butterfly,

I feel the same way although I've only been married four years. Try talking to your husband about it. Of course, when my wife and I talk about a similair topic, we end up fighting.
0 Replies

butterfly202

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 12:29 pm
talk to spouse
Dear Sarge:

I have spoken to him but he dosn't seem to get the message. He thinks that we are trying to work it out still or something. I love him and don't want to hurt him but I am not "In Love" with him. I want another relationship he does not. He wants me all the time. But I cannot stand the thought of being with him as a wife. I could stay with him but then I could not have another man in my life. and I won't cheat. that is for loosers.
0 Replies