still haven't made a move......

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 04:42 pm
several of you replied to my post, "how can I tell if he likes me?" Well, I had just about made up my mind to confront him with my feelings, but somehow, I have chickened out. Come on, someone has to tell me a great way to approach him or maybe just to be better able to read his actions....We work together, but neither of us is over the other or anthing like that. We don't see each other often at all....maybe twice a month for a total of about four hours. I have had major feelings for him for about three years or a little better. He use to come up to me and put his arms around meand just paid special attention to me. I left to go to another office for 18 months (but kept up with him.......nothing changed) and when I came back, he has kept me at a distance. Doesn't touch me and hardly speaks to me. The only time he seems to be comfortable around me is when other people are present. I don't act any different around him than I have ever acted. Sometimes in our meetings I catch him glancing at me, but he quickly looks away when he sees me looking at him. I just don't know what to make of it!! I can't approach him because I am to afraid of rejection and worse yet, humiliation. I'm hoping someone out there may have a unique idea that will help me. Thanks ahead of time!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 624 • Replies: 8
No top replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 10:38 pm
Go up to him and ask
0 Replies

terrysangel

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 07:37 am
Rolling Eyes right..............and risk public humiliation??????????? not in a million years!
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 08:18 am
Do it when he's alone.
0 Replies

terrysangel

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 12:53 pm
Sad that's just my problem. I never can get him alone.....it would be easy (or easier) if I could. I thought I might be able to just go up to him and ask him if it would be possible for us to talk alone for a few seconds. He stays really busy and he is a no-nonsence kind of a guy. Really don't want to get off on the wrong foot with him...........
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 01:15 pm
He sounds like a guy like me. You have to do the hard part or let it go. It would be a sad shame to let it go. Who dares wins. Why don't you just go up to him and say something like " I miss not working around you at the office". Then he'll say something stupid and you say " we should go to lunch sometime" or "want to go for coffee/a drink after work sometime. He can get in trouble for propositioning you. you won't. Like I said. You have to do the hard part. I wish this hadn't happened to me. but it did. So take it from me and DO IT.
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 02:24 pm
just ask him if he likes watching movies or something and if he says YES(which he will definetely do), invite him somewhere. Have dinner, watch the movie, and everything will be clear, trust me. U will be fine Very Happy
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 03:31 pm
I didn't answer your (apparently first thread?) but I, me, myself, would definitely NOT want to have anything at all to do with someone who apparently is not interested in me. So, why are you torturing yourself? This person probably loooves having a harmless stalker around. Why does he, you think, since he sneakes glances in your direction.

Why are you interested in such a person? Why would he/she be interested in you, if you are truly so gutless?
0 Replies

terrysangel

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 06:44 pm
Thanks, everyone, for giving me a lot of good things to think about. I believe I will confront him this week. I guess I was really wanting to KNOW if he kinda liked me BEFORE I risked humiliation....I was just trying to "read" his actions and couldn't figure out why he was acting almost like he was afraid of me.........wish me luck!!!!
0 Replies