I hate Laguna Beach

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 02:42 pm
Is it just me or is Laguna Beach one of the worst show's you've ever seen? Personally I think it's stupid to watch a bunch of spoiled teens who's biggest problem is not having one...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 8,506 • Replies: 50
No top replies

dancingnancy

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 11:19 am
I actually find it somewhat funny and humorous that people live like that..
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 01:16 pm
It is funny, but pathetic in a way. Spoiled kids are very annoying.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 01:20 pm
Just like that show my super sweet 16... makes me sick
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 01:30 pm
Yeah i have to agree, those shows are terrible. They show just how stupid young girls are nowadays, not just by the girls on the shows, but all of the girls who watch those shows religiously.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 01:33 pm
But I am a fan of laguna beach.. maybe it is my age, just hits close to home, minus all the snobbiness..

Hey not all young girls are stupid :-) I am a young girl
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 01:38 pm
You might just be stupid, but you're too dumb to realize it Wink Just kidding. But I guess girls that age can somewhat relate, although most girls do not have that much money to waste.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 01:41 pm
CarbonSystem wrote:
You might just be stupid, but you're too dumb to realize it

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad goes off into a corner and sobs loudly Crying or Very sad

Quote:
Wink Just kidding.

Oh, ok Embarrassed Laughing Wipes away tears

Quote:
But I guess girls that age can somewhat relate, although most girls do not have that much money to waste.

I can relate.. I have been out of high school for a few years now but I can def. relate to all the drama.... but the money and how spoiled they are is ridicolous.... the show is real to a point, but I think alot of it is just a joke Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 06:45 pm
I think nearly all of it must be scripted. People can't be that stupid, can they?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 06:45 am
CarbonSystem wrote:
I think nearly all of it must be scripted. People can't be that stupid, can they?

Oh no, they can be that stupid
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 08:23 am
All of these rich kids

NEED

TO

DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 08:33 am
Gargamel wrote:
All of these rich kids

NEED

TO

DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure they are dumb enough to join a cult and drink the poisoned koolaid.... shall we start one?? Laughing
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 08:36 am
spoiled kids should see their chinease peers the competion is formidable. I wonder what kids would think if they bsaw their chinease contemporaries. Very concentrated and focused on the goal.To be the best in the world.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:05 pm
The rich kids most likely will have daddy feeding them money thier entire lives. Most of them won't show any effot towards concentrating on goals because they have none. Why should they? Everything is already paid for and they have no true worries.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 09:49 pm
If this is all that Laguna Beach represented, it should fall into the ocean. But it's not. Having lived there the entire 70's (nearby from '65 to '70), it's a fascinating little beach town which has a large gay community and tons of art galleries (with a lot of Sunday paintings and commercial decorator drek). The little cove beaches are charming and there are hillside homes perched on 1,000 ft. hills overlooking grand vistas of the ocean. The gallery chain I work for has a gallery in town on the main street (about two blocks long) and its one block from where I used to work in the 70's. A nice place to visit and a nice place to live. The show is nothing like what the town is all about.
0 Replies

blue1

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 02:23 am
i like Laguna Beach
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 09:21 am
Lightwizard wrote:
If this is all that Laguna Beach represented, it should fall into the ocean. But it's not. Having lived there the entire 70's (nearby from '65 to '70), it's a fascinating little beach town which has a large gay community and tons of art galleries (with a lot of Sunday paintings and commercial decorator drek). The little cove beaches are charming and there are hillside homes perched on 1,000 ft. hills overlooking grand vistas of the ocean. The gallery chain I work for has a gallery in town on the main street (about two blocks long) and its one block from where I used to work in the 70's. A nice place to visit and a nice place to live. The show is nothing like what the town is all about.

That's a comforting reminder--that MTV has a tendency to distort reality...just a bit.

However, the show itself is a reminder that many people with the money and leisure to make a difference are drowning in their pettty concerns. Not only that; their callow understanding of the world, of its size and variety of lifestyles, many of which are based simply on obtaining food--their realities will remain unchallenged. The world is what they want it to be. It's like kids in frats and sororities in this town, who have never left the south, and will inherit the family business, and live in a cocoon that has been there for generations.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 12:40 pm
Most of these kids have all they could ever want without even working for it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 01:23 pm
Well, you're watching a show on MTV which is hardly gearing their shows towards anyone who has a mature taste. I'd rather watch HBO's "Rome" which has substance than "Laguna Beach" or "The OC," both soap operas.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 02:10 pm
I would have to agree completely with you. Rome is a great program, Laguna Beach sucks.
0 Replies