Jeb Bush Won't Discuss Son's Arrest In Public

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 04:58 am
It's a private matter to be taken care of in the family.

I mean, it's not like he was getting a blow job or something. Laughing

http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050916/APN/509161097
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 785 • Replies: 15
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 05:50 am
Not like he was elected or something.

The insane witch hunt of Clinton does not make it right to focus on Bush's nephew, IMH(sic, lol!)O.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 05:51 am
Personal matters involving a family member and not the politician himself or herself should never be a matter of public discussion. What does his son being arrested have to do with matters related to the governing of the State of Florida? I would hold the same view if Chelsea Clinton were arrested for any of a number of crimes and her mother Hillary Rodham Clinton (U.S. Senator from New York) chose not to discuss it. Things such as this are really a matter for courts and within family. If a local paper lists information on various arrests and/or has a courthouse or crime reporter then fine let the information be listed there.

To put it in another context, how would you like your life discussed if you were arrested on the same charges? Would you want every public official discussing this matter wherever they went? I feel Gov. Bush is handling it in the proper manner.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 05:54 am
Tjhere goes he kids entire future. Nothing left for him to do but be a rock musician, or a miner.

That entire family's got the Booze gene. I think that even ole lady Babs gets hammered alot. I can tell cause she often starts speaking out her ass.

Im thinking of starting a weblog of inciteful stuff like this
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 05:57 am
sturgis
Quote:
I would hold the same view if Chelsea Clinton were arrested for any of a number of crimes
. The key word is "if". Chelsea had some discipline yet the wingnuts did everything they could to trash this young lady's appearance. Youve got a very selective memory. I recall Limbaugh snickering and passing off snide comments about Chelseas looks , just to be mean. Of course , it coulda just been the drugs talkin.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 06:26 am
Yes, I get that farmerman, and I was not in the group approving of Limbaugh or others behaving that way. My point was made to indicate that whoever it is, should be off limits to the public press scrutiny since they did not run for the elected office.

Also keep in mind that it was the television program run and produced by a Democratic Liberal grouping of people, Saturday Night Live which received public reprimand for their portrayal of Chelsea Clinton. To their credit they did stop when her parents made the request; but the damage had already been inflicted.

As to the matter of saying 'Chelsea had some discipline', keep in mind that is a very low road to take in your attack of Governor Bush's son. People who come from fine homes, bad home, single parent homes, 2 parent homes, loving parents, hateful parents, with lax disciplinary actions, with strict enforcement of rules, etc. etc. end up with drug and alcohol problems and there are those who come from the same backgrounds who rise to the top of whatever situation they are in. Bottom line it is still the person him or herself who has a part in it. The main part.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 06:30 am
I knew I could start some **** this morning.... Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 06:33 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
And a good job you've done of it too. Not to worry though at least it makes us start to use our brain cells for the day.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 06:39 am
I wish set were here to set you strait , you, you, syrup snatcher.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 06:40 am

I gather things have continued moving....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 06:42 am
Sturgis wrote:
And a good job you've done of it too. Not to worry though at least it makes us start to use our brain cells for the day.

I'm a giver. A care bear.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 06:45 am
Speak for yourself! My brain cells never stop!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 06:51 am
dlowan wrote:
Speak for yourself! My brain cells never stop!

so I guess you're a runny bunny.... :wink:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 06:53 am
Un, apparently, like you, I do not keep my brain in my bum!!!!!!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 06:42 pm
dlowan wrote:
Not like he was elected or something.

The insane witch hunt of Clinton does not make it right to focus on Bush's nephew, IMH(sic, lol!)O.

No, but he'd likely benefit from some military training. Maybe he should enlist.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 05:59 pm
Who should enlist, Clinton?
0 Replies