Mr. Nice Guy or Mr. Asshole?

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 06:15 pm
Curious. One of my friends and I have had this debate now for sometime. First off to all my old talking buddies on here, just want to say it's great to be back! At anyrate, my friend and I did what you could call a test; with women that is. He seems to think that if a guy is an ass to a woman she will want him more. I of course stated otherwise. So, it has been around a month now since I have met this girl. She is a girl that alot of guys really would like the chance at. So the "test" I had to be nice at first then become the ass! And it worked! I could tell this girl all day till I am blue in the face that I don't want anything to do with her! Is that like code word to women or something to make them try harder with us guys? Why do women like guys like this? It's not who I am at all! But I must say it does work! Lil help here.................................
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 783 • Replies: 8
No top replies

littlek

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 06:17 pm
Help? Why? You said yourself it works.
0 Replies

Mikeymike

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 06:40 pm
What I meant when I said "HELP" it was directed towards the question; "Why do women like guys that treat them like crap"?
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 06:51 pm
....if my man treated me like crap he would be down the road with my foot up his a..!!
but I cant stand yes men either, I think it depends on the individual at how far they can withstand putting up with being disrespected like that...you will probably find if you carry on like that she will be gone.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 06:56 pm
Here's the psychology behind "nice guy" vs. "bad boy," or whatever you want to call it, when it comes to an attractive woman. I'll even back up my points with supporting documentation!

Step into an attractive chick's shoes for once(or even ask any female friends you have who are hot). They go out at night to a bar, and are stared at by guys, listen to stupid pick up lines, and offered free drinks.

They go out on a date with a guy. She doesn't have to pay for a thing, will listen to him compliment her beauty, and the guy may even bring flowers.

This is COMMON for her. She deals with this crap constantly. However, most guys think they're seperating themselves from the pack by being "nice," and he'll win her over by paying for things and showing her how much he thinks she's great.

What Mr. Nice Guy doesn't realize, is he's only painting a very boring, "he's like everyone else" picture of himself.

On the other extreme, take a guy who's a bad boy, or even a jerk to women. He blows them off, doesn't compliment her, and acts like he could care less around her. If he's truely an a$$hole and is insulting/demeaning, he'll drive any semi-intelligent woman, but if not, she's left confused, thinking "hey, why isn't he complimenting me, buying me things, calling three times a day, ect...what's WRONG with me?" This flicks a little switch in her head called "attraction."

If you're somewhere in between nice guy and jerk, you can really make it work to your advantage. Don't overly-compliment her....instead tease her. Be confident(which every woman looks for), in your words and body language. Don't call every day. But at the same time, make it clear(not necessarily through words) that you're sexually attracted to her, without being a dirty perv about it.

I've crashed and burned so many times being overly nice, until I realized what the f#ck I was doing wrong.

Couple examples of how going the other way has worked:

Met a very attractive girl at a party. Intelligent, hot, down to earth, ect. You may even say "out of my league." Got her number. Called, didn't leave a message. Called again, left a message. She called me back...didn't ask her out, told her I was busy, had to run and I'll call her later(don't tell her to call you, keep control). Next time I called, still didn't ask her out. Third call, set a date. By the second date things went "very well"...and that night she told me she wasn't going to give me her number, but did. Few months later, she told me when she met me I drove her crazy because I didn't ask her out at first....if I did, she may have said no, but because I kept her guessing, it kind of made a little mystery. I can actually remember times calling women for the first time and saying something like "want to go out Friday," right off the bat, and they're like "uh...I have plans," and never hear back.

Met another very attractive girl. Did the same thing as above...dated her for a while, but she constantly played hard to get and would be aloof. One night back from town, I asked her if she was staying over(I was already sleeping with her at this point). She made some crap excuse that she had to make a phone call early in the morning or something...so I told her "I'm done seeing you, this is a waste of time." Her jaw dropped, and I continued "seriously, there's other woman I could be hanging out with right now, but I'm with you...I've got plenty of friends, and if you just want to act like we're friends, I'm all set." Her tune changed very quick, and ended up coming over. After I met another girl, I ignored her for a while, and she ended up telling me she wanted something serious...too late.

Though right now I'm in a huge slump. Go figure.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 07:04 pm
Slappy, perhaps they are more likely to say yes to a date after a few phone calls because they have gotten to know you better......
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 07:06 pm
Definitely. Getting to know each other is one reason for that tactic.

If you already know each other semi-well through a friend or something, it's not always necessary, but can't hurt.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 07:40 pm
Sarcasm works wonders, just never tell them you're actually joking.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 11:03 pm
aside from what I said before..which can be true, some of what you guys say is accurate, its because you are creating a challenge for us.
0 Replies