0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 10:25 pm
DOH! Too late!
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 11:08 pm
Hahaha Laughing

Ahem... at least we agree that shouldn't have been the referee for this match. I'll admit he could've carded the barca defense at least twice and that would've made Henry more comfortable.

Still, Lehmann should've not made that tackle to assure a 11 vs. 11 match, but you're right... as soon as he was sent off I knew Arsene's boys had practically no chance for Germany's keeper was the reason behind 10 straight clean sheets.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 11:31 pm
Quote:
http://i4.tinypic.com/zygizc.jpg

Published in the Manchester Evening News, today's first edititon, page 59.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 12:08 am
From page 95 in today's 'Daily Mail':

http://i4.tinypic.com/zyhflg.jpg
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 12:25 am
Furious Henry hits out at referee

"Arsenal captain Thierry Henry was disgusted with referee Terje Hauge's display as his side's Champions League hopes were ended by Barcelona in Paris............"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4992172.stm
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 04:52 am
Yeah diabolical liberty. Cheated by the tricky foreigners again.

I liked the Barca wingers, though. The little guy on the right was amazing...like Jimmy Johnstone in his pomp.
0 Replies

Ashers

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 09:25 am
Ludovic Guily, yeah he's a great little player^. The final definetely suffered from a man being sent off, because as soon as that happens, the rest of the game gravitates towards that event. The mindset of players on the pitch is altered, tactics are changed, the flow of play was radically different after. Unfortunate really.

I'm not sure what would have happened if Barca had gone 1 up to be honest, I sense they might have gone on and won it anyway. The freekick for the 1st goal shouldn't have been given if you ask me, I was very impressed by Aboue but he bought that far too easily. My hands were going up to my mouth when Arsenal were missing chances with the likes of Henry, Hleb and Ljungberg etc, you just saw it coming but to go from 1-0 at around 75 minutes to 2-1 at around 80 is crushing.

The annoying thing is that Arsenal did so well during the early stages of the game, you know it could have gone either way without the sending off but it was always tough from there on in with it. Pires looked dangerous as well. The whole incident reminded me of Liverpool-Chelsea last year in the semi's. The ridiculous thing about that whole debacle was that if the ref hadn't let our goal stand that night as Moaniho would have it, Liverpool would have been awarded a penalty and Chelsea would have been down to 10 men, now, why doesn't Mourinho mention that more often?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 12:53 am
HENRY TO STAY!!

"Thierry Henry will stay at Arsenal for four years, where he will be paid £130k per week and he wants that Euro Cup"

<quote taken from back page of todays paper>

I thought so! He was so bloody furious with what he called the Barcelona players "diving like women" that I thought it might just influence him to stay.

I can't ever see a player like Henry, who is about as honest and honourable as you can get, ever enjoying themselves with a club that encourages underhand behaviour.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 01:40 am
You must be as happy as a dog with two dicks now, milord, because you've posted that twice now. Laughing
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 01:47 am
McTag wrote:
You must be as happy as a dog with two dicks now, milord, because you've posted that twice now. Laughing

You mean thrice, McT? Laughing
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 02:48 am
HA!

Did I tell you that Henry was staying, by the way?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 03:59 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
HA!

Did I tell you that Henry was staying, by the way?

No, you didn't tell me! So, he is staying? That's good news! Very Happy
0 Replies