UEFA Champions League

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 07:30 am
AHA! Ha! How do you like that? Artmedia Bratislava beating Porto! Who's da man?!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 11:06 am
I'm predicting that Chelsea will win the Prem by 20 points or more and will break the record for most points and least goals against.

They should win the Champions too but there's knock-out stuff there and odd things happen.
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 12:34 pm
Re: UEFA Champions League
dagmaraka wrote:
Why does it have to be me to start a thread on one of the most exciting sports happenings in the World, that is, right after the Wolrd Cup in ice hockey?

It is the second most exciting sport happening in the world, after the FIFA World cup.

Ice hockey? Is that a sport where men on armor hit a ball with a stick, walking in ice? Laughing That is the most exciting sports happening? Haha, how many people watch this?
0 Replies

music-lover

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 11:22 am
Ellinas wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:
Why does it have to be me to start a thread on one of the most exciting sports happenings in the World, that is, right after the Wolrd Cup in ice hockey?

It is the second most exciting sport happening in the world, after the FIFA World cup.

Ice hockey? Is that a sport where men on armor hit a ball with a stick, walking in ice? Laughing That is the most exciting sports happening? Haha, how many people watch this?
Proberly not alot, moving onto the subject, does anyone else think after stars move to Real Madrid they all of the sudden go crap, e.g. David Beckham, great at Manchester United, **** at Real Madrid
0 Replies

Jamesw84

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 05:19 am
how much more money is Chelsea willing to send?

Beckham is not skillful in any other way other than having an eye for passing the ball. The English game is more reliant on long passes for scoring under the 4-4-2 system, which is where Beckham's skill comes in. At Real, under the spanish system, his skill is useless as their formation doesnt allow for such a slow runner like Beckham. IF you look at his stats, they are average to below average except for his passing skills. AS if they should have a spot for him at Real
0 Replies

music-lover

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 12:48 pm
David Beckham should be in the premiership, fullstop, no if's or but's, Real have no need for him, they pay him loads of money for being one of the worst players out in the first XI, anyway, what happened to Ronaldo? (not Cristiano) he was great at Inter Milan and others and know he can barely hit the target at Real! Damn, i might be a football critic when i'm older, lol :wink:
0 Replies

chaduz

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 10:46 pm
I predict the next manager to get the push...... graham souness.

wot do u lot think?
0 Replies

music-lover

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 10:26 am
yer, i would agree chaduz, Real Madrid manager got the sack! haha Laughing
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 10:34 am
dunno, ice hockey is huge here in central europe. all men in uniforms, no matter how huge, are watchable.
0 Replies

music-lover

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 04:53 pm
ice hockey is... well lets say i think it's a 4 letter word that beggins with 'c' lol Laughing
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 11:09 am
Here are the playoff draw results:

(ENG) Chelsea - Barcelona (SPA)
(SPA) Real Madrid - Arsenal (ENG)
(GER) Werder Bremen - Juventus (ITA)
(GER) Bayern Munich - Milan (ITA)
(NED) PSV - Lyon (FRA)
(NED) Ajax - Inter (ITA)
(POR) Benfica - Liverpool (ENG)
(SCO) Rangers - Villareal (SPA)

I expect some pretty good games. All is good.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 01:29 pm
Quote:
(ENG) Chelsea - Barcelona (SPA)

Again? Shocked

This should be good.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 08:59 am
Yes, that's the game I'm looking forward to the most.
0 Replies

gbob

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:00 am
hi guys and gals

i'm from london and support west ham but one things for definate a london team will win the champions league, for u americans that chelsea or arsenal.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:07 am
Can't see Chelsea taking Barcelona. (They managed to con their way to victory last year). Arsenal seem to be running into some form alright, but Real might be a step too far for the youngsters.

Liverpool are gonna do it again this year. And the next.

How are the hammers adjusting to life in the Cship?
0 Replies

gbob

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:17 am
we're not in the c'ship
we're in the premiership and we're challanging for europe, chelsea will beat barcelona only just though they are far too weak in defense but chelsea's defence is immense.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 10:26 am
Whoops, forgot you were promoted. Yourselves and Wigan are doing really well this year (note to self - stop drinking NOW!)

West Ham were always a good footballing side & entertaining to watch. I don't think they'll quite make Europe this season, but then again, no-one believed Everton would get the CL q'fication spot last season either, so maybe...

Do you go to many of their games? What price is a ticket for a home match? Do you look at Lampard & Joe Cole and think if only..
0 Replies

gbob

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 11:34 am
yeh everytime i see our youth of old think of the team we would have with
lampard
cole carrick
defoe
joe cole
glen johnson
hartson we would role through the premiership and the champions league for sure
0 Replies

music-lover

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 10:22 am
Juventus have an easy match (good, i support Juventus) I hope to see Juventus - Arsenal in the final, don't think Liverpool will win it this year, or the next year, i think they did well in the last champions league but this year will be different, i hope Juventus draw Liverpool so we can get revenge! Very Happy
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 10:30 am
Well, us Pool fans wouldn't mind meeting Juve either!

How are your team, The Hugin Vikings doing this year?
0 Replies