UEFA Champions League

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 05:50 am
Sigh. Why does it have to be me to start a thread on one of the most exciting sports happenings in the World, that is, right after the Wolrd Cup in ice hockey?

Yest, the Champions League would be it. Our humble but brave Artmedia Bratislava, my real home team, has lost to big and rumbuctious Inter Milan two days ago.

Rapid Vienna, my adopted home team, lost yesterday to Bayern Munich.

All are unmistakable signs that I am not intended to follow group sports by the powers that be.

But I peek in every now and then into the ESPN Soccernet. I bet there are people who know or are way more excited about the Champions League then I am. Where are you guys?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,228 • Replies: 92
No top replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 08:15 am
no soccer fans out there? Hello, where are all ye Germans and Brits at?
0 Replies

music-lover

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 01:34 pm
Yeah i'm a soccer fan, I'm a Juventus fan (their Italian if you didn't know) Champions League is one of the best tournaments in the world, maybe the 3rd next to World Cup (Soccer) and The Ashes (Cricket) [England v Australia] I think that either AC Milan or Chelsea will win the champions league this year, i doubt Liverpool winning it again, not that i don't think they can do it it's just they got lucky several times in the champions league and if Liverpool didn't have Steven Gerrard they would be nothing, am i right?
0 Replies

bbaptiste

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 03:01 pm
I'm an Arsenal man myself...And I fancy their chances in the Champions League. I think Liverpool would survive, even thrive, without Gerrard. Throughout his career, he's carried the "oft-injured" tag. If Liverpool can survive losing Owen, they can survive losing Gerrard. It just a matter of bringing in the right player to replace him.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 04:58 pm
Arsenal fan checking in. Bergkamp was magnificent last night. Arsenal should do well, but I'm not sure whether they will go all the way.

They seem to have a mental block when it comes to playing European games.

Sorry about your team losing, Dag.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 05:00 pm
bbaptiste wrote:
I'm an Arsenal man myself...And I fancy their chances in the Champions League. I think Liverpool would survive, even thrive, without Gerrard. Throughout his career, he's carried the "oft-injured" tag. If Liverpool can survive losing Owen, they can survive losing Gerrard. It just a matter of bringing in the right player to replace him.

Hi BB, are you a Brit? Your Avatar looks very much like a certain Ian Wright Wright Wright!
0 Replies

bbaptiste

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 06:11 pm
I'm not a Brit, but I loved Ian Wright. He is part of the reason I'm a Gunner's fan.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 06:15 pm
So you mean you ain't Ian Wright? Dayum! What was I thinking!
0 Replies

bbaptiste

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 06:17 pm
No..Ma'am. I'm not Ian Wright, Tino Asprilla or Seal. Haven't dated enough supermodels..
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 06:20 pm
Ma'am! <Gasp!> You calling me ma'am? do i look 60 to you?

anyhow, back to soccer... ummm. yeah, back to soccer...proceed.
0 Replies

bbaptiste

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 07:35 pm
Just an honorific, Ms. D!! I'm trying to win points for politesse.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 08:50 pm
I believe George just might be a soccer fan. His abuzz name was SoccerGeorge, ya know.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 07:29 am
yes, where is george hiding? in some english to latin translation thread for sure! pffft.
0 Replies

music-lover

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 11:03 am
I think Barcelona or AC Milan will win it, no offence to the gooner fans but I don't think Arsenal will do it, maybe in a few years time but not now, Chelsea a.k.a assholes are favourties to win the champions league too Sad
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 12:43 pm
Are AC Milan and Inter Milan the same club?

is this question too stoopid?

ok. i'm backing away...
0 Replies

music-lover

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 03:46 am
No, they are not the same team, Inter Milan's real name is Internazionale, they were known as Inter Milan because it was easier to remember i guess, They got the Milan part of their name because they were originally from Milan, but AC and Inter are rivals, big big big rivals! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 02:21 pm
Saw Arsenal play Everton a couple of nights ago.

Arsenal look HOT! Even without Henri, they were damned fast up that pitch.

Reyes was on fire, Cole played a blinder and they all seemed to gel.

If we play like this in Europe, we may be in with a chance.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 04:34 pm
I think they all look hot. Love the socks. When german hikers do that, it's not the same, though.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 04:38 pm
What about lederhosen, Dag ?
0 Replies

music-lover

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 07:59 am
Arsenal do miss Thierry Henry up-front but they did look good against Everton, i still don't think Arsenal will win or be runners up in the Champions League, Patrick Viera got sent off in his debut Champions League match for Juventus
0 Replies