Seriously, now, about Bush...

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 07:42 pm
Has anyone here changed his or her mind at all about liking or disliking Bush as time has passed over, say, the past year as the result of any postings?
I have found my feelings have grown more profound, and I have become more passionate (obsessed?), but I don't think either "side" is going to or has budged an inch.
What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,425 • Replies: 22
No top replies

fishin

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 07:44 pm
IMO, the loud mouths are just getting louder. *shrugs*
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 07:58 pm
The only thing that has changed for me is that his performance as president has confirmed what my gut told me from the get go.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 07:58 pm
My neighbor was a big Bush supporter up until she found out her son would be returning from Iraq minus a leg and three fingers. It didn't happen in a battle, but rather in vehicle accident. His truck did not have the proper equipment to tow another truck that he was ordered to tow. The men rigged up some chain or something and started pulling the other truck. At some point the towed truck got stuck and her son tried to fix it. The towed truck somehow lunged forward and her son was in the way. His leg and fingers were smashed when the two vehicles came together. He was a wonderful fiddle/violin player before the accident. I don't think she is going to become a liberal Democrat anytime soon, but she blames Bush for the troops not having proper equipment and starting this insane (her word) war.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 08:00 pm
I used to be amused by him, now I'm just disgusted.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 08:25 pm
well as an outsider...IMO with the 9/11 attack I saw him just sit there not doing a thing...then I see the invasion of Iraq happen and how he justifies the B/S by sending in the young troops to be killed, and for what?? and now this war thing is just dragging on far too long...now I see again at how useless he was with the Katrina Hurricane and how he took his dandy old time in getting there to New Orleans, let alone organising instant help and aid to those poor people......for a President of a country isnt he supposed to serve/protect the citizens of his country? isnt that what he is 'Paid' to do?...maybe its the media blowing it all out of proportion, I dont know...how long is he in power for by the way?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 08:49 pm
Another Bush bashing thread what a suprise. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 08:55 pm
Baldimo wrote:

He sure does give us loads of material to work with.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 08:57 pm
LionTamerX wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

Loads huh. It sure sounds like the same old crap everytime. Nothing new.
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 04:04 am
(I don't think the bashing or defending has done a thing, which is what I am asking.

BTW, in today's context [think Iraq], Baldimo, interesting Heinlein quote!)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 04:42 am
fishin' wrote:

Yes indeed conservatives and bush supporters are consistently more annoying and their rhetoric becomes more like the quacking of ducks every day. You nailed it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 04:44 am
Baldimo wrote:
LionTamerX wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

the same can certainly be said about you bushlickers my georgie right or wrong rhetoric. Really, hero worship is for little kids. Especially fantasy heroes.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 06:15 am
I think the barrage of Bush threads (both pro & con) have reached saturation point here. They've become pretty predictable, I think. And no, my mind hasn't been changed.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 06:32 am
I doubt that the die hard Bush supporters on A2k have had a change of heart. However, based upon the polls it is obvious that many Americans have.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 06:37 am
au1929 wrote:
I doubt that the die hard Bush supporters on A2k have had a change of heart. However, based upon the polls it is obvious that many Americans have.

I would say that nails it. It seems I remember that early on farmerman supported bush, although I could be mistaken, and he has certainly changed his mind and good for him if that's the case. He is after all one of our brighter and more well informed community members.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 08:45 am
Baldimo wrote:
LionTamerX wrote:
Baldimo wrote:

Yeah, because after all this time he's still as unprepared to be president as he was when he took office. Nothing's changed. It takes a crisis for us to see how inadequate he and his people are. We'll forget again, soon enough, don't worry. But I can promise you that any challenge like this one will be met with the same level of inadequacy as long as these people remain in office. They are not interested in being good at what they are supposed to be doing. And there's nothing partisan about that critique. A sucky president is a sucky president and I'd be saying these same exact things if Bush was a Democrat. The question is, would his supporters?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 02:59 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
fishin' wrote:

Yes indeed conservatives and bush supporters are consistently more annoying and their rhetoric becomes more like the quacking of ducks every day. You nailed it.

The shrillness from your side of the fence hasn't exactly lowered in level much has it? I still see you yapping every chance you get. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 03:36 pm
fishin' wrote:
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
fishin' wrote:

The shrillness from your side of the fence hasn't exactly lowered in level much has it? I still see you yapping every chance you get. Rolling Eyes

which of course excuses it from your camp. You guys need some new material.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 04:00 pm
KiwiChic wrote:
well as an outsider...IMO with the 9/11 attack I saw him just sit there not doing a thing...

He invaded and conquered Afghanistan, thus denying the Taliban a home base and removing a government actively sympathetic to them. For whatever reason, no event comparable to 9/11 has occurred again, and it's not because none has been attempted.

KiwiChic wrote:
then I see the invasion of Iraq happen and how he justifies the B/S by sending in the young troops to be killed, and for what?? and now this war thing is just dragging on far too long...

He had to finally resolve the issue of whether Hussein still had WMD and development programs, because the thought of a WMD attack on us similar to 9/11 is too terrible to contemplate. BTW, I am not saying that Hussein was behind 9/11 at all.

KiwiChic wrote:
now I see again at how useless he was with the Katrina Hurricane and how he took his dandy old time in getting there to New Orleans, let alone organising instant help and aid to those poor people......for a President of a country isnt he supposed to serve/protect the citizens of his country? isnt that what he is 'Paid' to do?...maybe its the media blowing it all out of proportion, I dont know...how long is he in power for by the way?

It's a bit of a stretch to say that any failure of the government whatever is directly the president's fault. He was very active in terming the relief effort "unacceptable" and changing the person managing it. He went there personally more than once.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 04:00 pm
I hated Bush before it was cool.
0 Replies