Bush's Funeralgate Co. To Dispose of New Orleans Dead

squinney

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 01:37 pm
Bear - this was a serious thread about corruption, No need to try to make points with fake reports when the real ones are available.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 05:13 pm
I'm amazed these people are still in business at all, let alone getting government contracts. And, although the governor signed the contract you know it is our collective taxes that will pay them since the state will receive federal funds to assist with the cost.

Am I the only one appalled?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 05:11 am
It looks like this is getting a little more press. Also looks like FEMA, who should have signed the contract, wasn't signing it for some reason. Kenyon had already been picking up bodies for a week, so Gov. Blanco signed it.

At $119,000 per day and only $639,000 in expenses for the first 30 days, that's a pretty hefty monthly profit.

http://citizensforethics.org/press/pressclip.php?view=629
0 Replies

Bob Lablob

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 02:47 pm
Funeralgate?

How come everytime something happens that the left doesn't like, they attach the "-gate" suffix to it?

What's next? Miersgate? StackingtheSupremeCourtgate? Threemoreyearsofliberalbellyachinggate?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 04:07 pm
Bob Lablob wrote:
Funeralgate?

How come everytime something happens that the left doesn't like, they attach the "-gate" suffix to it?

What's next? Miersgate? StackingtheSupremeCourtgate? Threemoreyearsofliberalbellyachinggate?

I'm pretty sure the left didn't coin Lewinskygate....

How come every time something happens the right doesn't like they attach "Why do you hate America" to it?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 04:18 pm
So, seriously, someone in the Administration gave this contract to a known corrupt firm, owned by a friend of Bush's?

Has the firm cleaned up its act?

Was Bush involved in the decision?

Was it well known that the company belongs to a friend of his?
0 Replies

Bob Lablob

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 04:34 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Bob Lablob wrote:
Funeralgate?

How come every time something happens the right doesn't like they attach "Why do you hate America" to it?

Damn you....I'm having a Xanax. Wanna split it?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 05:56 pm
Bob Lablob wrote:
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Bob Lablob wrote:
Funeralgate?

Damn you....I'm having a Xanax. Wanna split it?

nahhh I'm already drunk. :wink:
0 Replies

Bob Lablob

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 06:50 pm
Things go better with dope.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 07:56 pm
Can we really be sure that Dick Cheney doesn't enjoy feasting on the brains of the dead ?
0 Replies

Bob Lablob

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 08:05 pm
Doesn't everybody?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 03:47 am
So exactly how was Bush involvbed in the decision to hire this firm?

It seems that a PRIVATE company was given the job by the GOVERNOR of Louisiana,without checking out the company first.

The gov messed up,nobody forced her to sign the contract.

So,I ask again,how is that Bush's fault?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 05:18 am
FEMA had already called this company in to deal with the dead bodies. They were there for a week, collecting bodies and waiting for a contract to be worked out with FEMA. At the end of that week they were ready to walk out. Blanco signed the contract to keep bodies from rotting for several more weeks while FEMA fumbled around trying to find another company to do the job.

Tough call if she did know who they were. No indication that she was familiar with the scandal, but if she was, she still wasn't left with much choice since bodies were now getting into the 7-10 day post mortem stage.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 05:15 pm
So how is that Bush's fault?
0 Replies