If not Mandarin, than a Japanese replacing English.

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 11:05 pm
Since someone said Chinese is impossible to replace world than English to be first language, how about Japanese? There are many Japanese trends happening in US. I am expecting Japanese to turn off English to be world's favorite.

If it happens this: half people of US speak Japanese, and another half speak English, then it's likely that the world people start to learn Japanese rather than English.

So in how many decade do you think Japanese will be the world's favor language kicking out English?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 765 • Replies: 8
No top replies

chichan

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 11:45 pm
While there's an outside chance for Chinese to become the lingua franca of business, there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Japanese ever would.
0 Replies

ps2huang

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 11:53 pm
chichan wrote:
While there's an outside chance for Chinese to become the lingua franca of business, there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Japanese ever would.

Are you saying Japanese is unlikely to be that; Chinese language has a better shot.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 01:50 am
Once we finally convince you that Japanese won't be the dominant language, will you promise NOT to start another thread, asking whether Tibetan will eventually prevail?
0 Replies

enfansbbs

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 01:02 am
Tibetan is impossible to prevail than Chinese Mandarin. What I saw is that more and more foreigners come to China to learn Chinese, not Tibetan. Tibetan is not a popular languge in China. Most Chinese could not speak, write or understand it.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 01:18 am
You asked for that one Lord E. - I'm outta here...
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 12:35 am
chichan wrote:

Laughing - AGREED. And if Japanese did become one international language as opposed to the international language, I would...cry from shame.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 12:37 am
enfansbbs wrote:
Tibetan is not a popular languge in China.

Tibetan is not a popular language full stop.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 02:05 am
Isnt Chinese more difficult to learn than Japanese?
I started to teach myself a 3 month Japanese course about 6 years ago.Ive been on page 34 for 5 and a half years!
0 Replies