Stop that Clinging!

Noddy24

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 01:04 pm
Some Mothers of the Bride cry at weddings. Others can believe that their darling daughters will have a marriage of mutual affection and protection.

A third sort of Mother of the Bride now has an grafted-on son-in-law to worry about.

Eventually you can get into life-after-death and personal, blood-related guardian angels.....

Or not.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 03:44 pm
I won't be surprised if Monday is a little harder for her. With luck, you've turned the corner and she's off and running. It might take a few more Monday's before she's really ready to charge off but it will come in its own due time.

Glad to hear things went so smoothly today, Linkat.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 10:55 pm
Linkat wrote:
Funny thing is (not that I mind), she does not even get embarrassed kissing and hugging in front of the kids in her class.

It's her age. At that age she's downright proud of you being her mommy, and showing you off to her classmates, and willingly shows her affection for you.

Wait till she's a teen, or even a pre-teen. She won't be able to stand being seen with you in public.

Enjoy the affection now while it's still there.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 10:43 am
Well it happened this morning. My clingy child is becoming more independent. This morning do mostly to construction, we were running several minutes behind. My daughter now has begun to watch the clock to make sure we arrive to her school by 8:00.

Well this morning, she exclaimed it is "59!" Yes I said only 1 more minute before 8. I knew we would not arrive to the school in time. But I have been much calmer about this especially where we now have this morning routine to a science (rare that we are not right on time).

I said we will probably be a little late and mentioned she would be on time to school, but I may be a little late to work. My daughter chimes in - you can drive up to the door and drop me off. At her school as it is private (no buses; all parents drive their children to school), they have a spot where you simply drive up and let the kids out; the walk to the door is not far and you can see them all the way to the door. Most parents do this, rather than park, walk them inside or to the door.

I did so with no fanfare or anything. I wanted to cry. My baby doesn't need me any more.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 10:52 am
Nah. She's just secure in her new environment. Plenty of new milestones for her to be clingy about. Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 12:29 pm
Linkat--

Quote:
My baby doesn't need me any more.

Are you bragging or complaining or both?

Personally I think that your daughter's consideration for your schedule is worth a few clingy cuddles. You're raising a thoughtful, resourceful child.

Congratulations.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 01:19 pm
Perhaps a little of both. It made me sad to think my little girl is growing up a bit. It also made me proud that she was so considerate of me - her not wanting me to be late for work.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 01:56 pm
>applause<

yippe..
things are finally falling into place.

Dont worry though..
she still needs mommy..
when she skins her knee.. gets into a fight, feels sick, you will be the first she calls on. ;-)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 03:05 pm
Motherhood means you check the box "Mixed Emotions".

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies