Will, anyday, English be replaced with Mandarin (Chinese)?

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 04:42 pm
English is still commonly spoken world-wide recently, but when will Chinese replaces English to transform to priority language to speak? I personally think this must happen, because English history was developed from Hebrew, a lot of names' origins are Greek, Latin, and Hebrew. Greek look same as Hebrew from the their faces' states of being. And Chinese grammar is quite easy; it's set in very alphabetical order that people won't get confused when speaking it.

In how many decades you think Chinese will take off English to become the world's first language?

And another thing why learning Chinese is so easy is because most of words are originated--even scientific termiology--from a single root to expand to many words. Such as breasts. In Chinese, you just need to know that "zu." And for saying male or female breasts, we jst say "zu fang" or "Tsun Buu." In English, there is classification between male and female chest/breasts. And saying that vital part of breasts, English has to say "nipples," but in Chinese, we just add "Tao"(meaning head or head-like structure behind that Zu (which means breasts). See, speaking Mandarin is such easy that everyone must learn.

And if America is not running English as the prior language in this country, I won't be studying at a community college at now but some greatest universities.

Because I am taking biology, and those terms were typically from gay Hebrew, Greek and Latin. They should not follow those rules.

I also heard French, German, and British are reluctant to speak English, is it that because they think English history is/was/and will be too gay?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 970 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 04:46 pm
A gay nipple fetish eh?.....my sort of chap. Go to Eton, did you?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 04:48 pm
Well, I know I'm sold on the idea. Where can I sign up?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 04:49 pm
I know a few websites, if you know what I mean.
0 Replies

ps2huang

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 05:03 pm
Chinese has more people to be spoken; there is no reason that English is more common than Chinese.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 06:05 pm
So why are the Chinese leaders putting into place, a massive drive in China, for you all to speak English?

I dont see the rest of the world making the same scramble to learn Chinese.

A teacher friend of mine went to Xian not so long ago, to teach English....her first speech on Chinese soil, was to a stadium containing 2000 eager Chinese students. She joined a group of over forty other teachers....ALL TEACHING ENGLISH.

I know of not one single school in Britain teaching the British to speak Chinese.

Why?.....pure economics. Your country is currently trying to flood the rest of the world with Chinese made goods. They HAVE to learn English to ease their way into these new markets.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 09:06 pm
Where's Eric Idle? He should be singing that Python song.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 09:16 pm
ps2huang wrote:
Chinese has more people to be spoken; there is no reason that English is more common than Chinese.

Oh. I see. You haven't been told that the English are superior to the Chinese yet.

Ahem. The English are superior to the Chinese. Now, continue speaking English!
0 Replies

syntinen

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 06:30 am
Quote:
Because I am taking biology, and those terms were typically from gay Hebrew, Greek and Latin. They should not follow those rules.

I also heard French, German, and British are reluctant to speak English, is it that because they think English history is/was/and will be too gay?
ps2huang, what on EARTH do you mean by that? Gay Hebrew? The French, German and British reluctant to speak English because English history too gay? Are you taking mind-altering drugs or something?
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 12:35 pm
ps2huang, will you please LET GO of the idea that English developed from Hebrew? It didn't. It did not. And English history did not develop from Hebrew, either.

Go back to the thread where you asked about that and read the answers over. English is not derived from Hebrew. Greek is not derived from Hebrew.

And how do you put grammar in alphabetical order???
0 Replies

Milfmaster9

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 05:28 pm
Everything in Biology is derived from Greek or Latin!!!!!!!! No Hebrew.... Chinese isn't a superior language to any of the western ones, they are all the same. they all have there strong points and weak points..
0 Replies

chichan

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 08:09 pm
Someday, Chinese could become the language of business but it won't happen anytime soon. There is nothing magical about English, only a series of historical events have established it as the choice for business.

Languages differ in their complexity but any given one is not more or less grammatically difficult than another. Children prove this over and over again. Plunk a young child down in a new language environment and they'll be fluent in no time. It's the dumb adults who struggle with new languages.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 08:27 pm
At the time that Shakespeare wrote his plays English was a minority language, spoken only in England by a (then) fairly small population. Because of the mercantilist nature of Queen Elizabeth I's reign English began to spread around the globe and given the reach of the British Empire became the dominant language.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 12:34 am
It is highly possible that chinese will become the next international langague as opposed to replacing english generally, just like english replaced French which I understand was, not so long ago an international langague itself. My lecturer is an academic in trade law and international law and she is 100% certain chinese will become the next international language.

As for the comment by Lord Ellpus that there isn't a scramble to learn chinese, I assure you there are too many chinese schools in this world in every country for counting, ranging from the US, to Australia to Japan and Korea. It is a matter of timing.
0 Replies