Please HELP ME TRANSLATE

lovely

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 01:53 pm
Finem rixae non vidit Cornelia quod servi iam sellas in aliamviam tulerant. Tandem advenerunt ad eam tabernam quam petebant. De sellis descenderunt. Tum Aurelia, "Vidistine," inquit, "illam lecticam in qua(ablative) recumbebat homo obesus? Unus e libertits Caesaris ipsius--Sed quid accidit? Fumum video et flammas."

Thankyou sooo much. please help me.
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 822 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Raphillon

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 08:16 am
Cornelia didn't see the end of the quarrel, because the slaves bring the chair in another street. At the end they reached the shop they where heading to. They come down the chair. Then Aurelia said "Did you see that litter where a fat man was sitting down? One of the freedman of Cesar himself-- But what comes upon? I see smoke and fire"

Is this an homework of some sort?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 08:18 am
Id just like to say that was rather impressive!!I have no idea what language the text was originally in.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 08:21 am
That would be latin. And the translation isn't entirely correct.
0 Replies

Raphillon

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 08:26 am
Thanks, It is latin Smile

Well I studied latin for 5 years and I relly loved it, the real hard part of the work is the english part of the translation, because I had to search for terms like "litter" or "freedman" I never used before Smile Usually when I translate to Italian I don't even need a dictionary.
0 Replies

Raphillon

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 08:29 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
That would be latin. And the translation isn't entirely correct.

Please can you tell me where I was wrong? It would be helpful both for my english and my latin.... Smile
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 08:47 am
Your line "Is this an homework of some sort?" didn't belong in the text. I scoured it fairly well and saw it nowhere.
0 Replies

Raphillon

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 08:50 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Your line "Is this an homework of some sort?" didn't belong in the text. I scoured it fairly well and saw it nowhere.

Laughing
0 Replies