Sexless marriage

benacre

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 11:24 am
Do you think a sexless marriage is just as strong as one with an active sex life? Should sex be the most important part of a relationship or just a treat? Can relationships survive this way with just cuddles & non intimate love?

Ben.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,282 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 11:25 am
except for regular sex without the fear of disease why would anyone want to be mariied?
0 Replies

benacre

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 11:29 am
Ok then what about long term relation ships? Is then,promiscuity healthy for single people?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 12:25 pm
Unless you're not physically able to have sex, or are just old as dirt, I say sex is definitely a requirement in a relationship.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 12:31 pm
Good sex is 1% of a relationship
Bad sex is 99%

i dont know of any marriage that was sex-less? and satisfying 100% for both partners?
Not saying that isnt a possibility..
I have just never heard of that.
Why live intimatly with someone whom you are not intimate with?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 12:31 pm
Between abstinence and promiscuity there does exist a
healthy sex life too.
0 Replies

benacre

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 12:36 pm
Do we just take it for granted that when Sex dies off that we are either too old, cannot be bothered, it is a chore or is their something about the relationship that neither wants to discuss.
Debt, the Children, fearful of what parents/ friends may thing should the relationship braekdown.

Does a sexless relationship cause many couples to be infaithful?
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 08:48 pm
Some years ago I remember listening to a radio programme that featured a married couple who were celibate. First she came on. Intelligent, well-educated, well spoken and completely neurotic. She told the interviewer how she didn't like sex and loved her husband but told him that there would be no sex. She confidently asserted that the marriage was good.

He came on air. He was intelligent, well-educated, well spoken and completely desperate. Despite his protestations that he was fine with no sex in the marriage he was lying through is teeth. Obviously he loved her but really he'd married the quintessential ice queen. She seemed delighted with the situation, he seemed to me to be psychologically castrated.

It was quite a sad moment.
0 Replies

caprifella

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 10:08 pm
I think sex in a marriage has more effect than just physical satisfaction. Sex results in a very intimate moments which often smoothen rough edges in a relationship. However, it cannot and must not be a critical ingredient. I believe fights solved by sex is never a good idea.
Remember that sex will end at some point in time. There has to be some other form of emotional togetherness that prevails when physical limits are reached.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 10:52 pm
Do you think a sexless marriage is just as strong as one with an active sex life? Should sex be the most important part of a relationship or just a treat? Can relationships survive this way with just cuddles & non intimate love?

Ben.

No, I don't think a sexless marriage is just as strong as one with an active sex life.

Sex is an integral part of a marital relationship, not just a treat. It doesn't have to happen all the time every day, but is certainly part of the beginnings of the relationship.

Can relationships survive with just cuddles?

Perhaps in your country. Marital relationships here in my area, no.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 11:26 pm
I think sex is a very important part of marriage, like 90%.

When you love someone, it's a natural thing to want to have sex with them, to cuddle and fondle, to allow yourself the most intimate and uninhibited, honest and total submission, without that your relationship could still exist, however limitedly.

You can love someone without having the ultimate sexual encounter, however I doubt it's a satisfying experience.
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 03:01 pm
Well, that depends.
If My Husbad gets sick and becomes unable to have a sexual life, I would put up with it. Why? Because I love him, and I do not need anybody else but him.
The other thing is, when both parts are healthy, but do not have sex. I find it a little bit wierd. Why not? As A female, I can say that sex is not just satisfaction, it is something what people should value and cherish. What can be better than seeing ur husbands face when he comes or hearing his scream? Embarrassed
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 11:54 pm
I've never been married. But in commited relationships, sex is important.

I can conceive of a marriage in which I am happy without sex: but it would be better if there were sex.

Sex isn't just the actual act. A relationship without all the charms of sexuality would feeling lacking to me. It is part of the bonding and partnership. Even with physical limitations, a sex life could be satisfying.

So, basically a sexual relationship of some sort is a definite important aspect.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 09:09 am
ossobuco wrote:

No, I don't think a sexless marriage is just as strong as one with an active sex life.

Sex is an integral part of a marital relationship, not just a treat. It doesn't have to happen all the time every day, but is certainly part of the beginnings of the relationship.

Can relationships survive with just cuddles?
Perhaps in your country. Marital relationships here in my area, no.

I read this again today and think, why did I say that last answer on surviving with just cuddles -
what I really meant was just cuddles, no sex, in the whole life of the marriage.
Even in a marriage that began with a fine sexual life and continued with a fine sexual life, there will be times when one or the other partner is emotionally withdrawn or physically impaired, perhaps for a very long time.
0 Replies