Who's been here?

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 12:42 am
San Francisco?

Where in San Francisco is a good area to stay in the bay area? I heard north is expensive, and the east going down can be dangerous. And the west is safer, but some bad area where the golden state park and richmond.

I'm so confused, can someone tell me any districts or area in S.F. that's not in the north expensive crowded area that is decent to stay at?? Help!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 858 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 06:52 am
How many threads you gonna start on the same subject?
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 03:52 am
Sorry, I got another question relating to this..........

I was wondering, do you know any places/area/districts outside of San Francisco that are good safe places and cheaper that I could stay in a hotel. And if i want to go to SF, i can always drive in. Or is taxi still a better bet driving in sf?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 06:32 am
Motels in Oakland, right across the Bay, would probably be cheaper than downtown hotels in San Fran proper. (Scratch that "probably.")
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 12:58 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
Motels in Oakland, right across the Bay, would probably be cheaper than downtown hotels in San Fran proper. (Scratch that "probably.")

The taxi ride late at night to san francisco would be really espensive though right?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 02:35 pm
BART, the rapid transit system, runs late into the night. It's cheap and efficient. (BART stands for Bay Area Rapid Transit.)
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 07:03 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
BART, the rapid transit system, runs late into the night. It's cheap and efficient. (BART stands for Bay Area Rapid Transit.)

Does it reach San Meteo or even san jose ?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 07:13 pm
The Amtrak line goes all the way to San Jose. It runs exactly prallel to the BART tracks as far as Fremont.
0 Replies