What new thing have you learned recently?

sozobe

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 07:00 pm
That's no fun!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 07:02 pm
Tell me about it!
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 09:12 pm
Reyn wrote:
The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it.

i don't know, Reyn, i looked at a candy wrapper, and it doesn't say anything about insects in the ingredients. besides, how would they separate the legs from the rest of the insect? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 09:58 pm
Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 05:53 am
yitwail wrote:
Reyn wrote:
The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it.

i don't know, Reyn, i looked at a candy wrapper, and it doesn't say anything about insects in the ingredients. besides, how would they separate the legs from the rest of the insect? Rolling Eyes

they separate them at the candy bar factory

the legs (and antennae i assume) go to the candy bar line, and the bodies go to the chocolate covered peanuts/raisins line, you gotta think these things out
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 19 Mar, 2006 08:27 am
I learned that I'm not always the greatest archer and that the maple sap is really running this time of year! Smile
0 Replies

HickoryStick

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 08:21 am
I learned how to play my iPod through my stereo. Its like ME Radio, ha!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 11:03 am
ME radio. I love it!
I've been thinking about purchasing an ipod for that same purpose. I work from home and listening to the radio sucks for the most part.
0 Replies

atypical10

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 05:52 pm
I've learned what ATP is.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 11:53 am
I haven't learned a damned thing lately.

http://supernash.conspirators.net/Duh.JPG
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 11:08 am
Learning Brazilian Portuguese and discoverd how Mozambican and Angolan portuguese all sound different to mainlaind Portuguese.

learned that i don't need a Visa to go to: Cuba, Argentina, Brazil and a few other places who I don't feel like listing (Mozambique).

I am in the process of learning events management on the fly as a friend and i organise a whole lot of Video art and Video scratching parties, very hectic.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 10:02 pm
The first lightweight luggage designed for air travel was conceived by aviation pioneer Amelia Earhart.

The U.S. founding fathers' name for the American Revolution was 'The War with Britain'.

A lump of pure gold the size of a matchbox can be flattened into a sheet the size of a tennis court!

There are thousands of varieties of shrimp, but most are so tiny that they are more likely to be eaten by whales than people. Of the several hundred around the world that people do eat, only a dozen or so appear with any regularity in the United States.

It is illegal to marry the spouse of a grandparent in Maine, Maryland, South Carolina, and Washington, DC.

One quarter of the bones in your body are in your feet!

The U.S. Government will not allow portraits of living persons to appear on stamps.

97% of all paper money in the US contains traces of cocaine.

Car airbags kill 1 person for every 22 lives that they save.

An adult giraffe's tongue is 17 inches long.

There are two types of asparagus: green and white. One of the most popular varieties of green asparagus is named after Martha Washington, the wife of George Washington.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 10:50 pm
87% of satistics are made up

Kangaroos and Emus cant move backwards
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 08:10 am
There is a new breed of azaelas that rebloom three times in a season instead of only once and there is a new impatient flower that can tolerate full sun. yay!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 08:51 am
I just learned this morning the root of the fable that crrots are good for the eyes. When the British first used radar, they didn't want the Germans to know, so they put up the tale that the pilots were being fed great quantities of carrots, which dramatically improved their vision.
0 Replies

LightsAndMagic

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 10:55 pm
I've recently learned to enjoy the new season which is upon us, the fresh air and water, and the brilliance of the sun which comes through my windows...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 11:55 pm
Right now, the farmers in my area are busy putting manure on their fields. :wink:
0 Replies

LightsAndMagic

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 01:18 am
Organically grown foods taste MUCH better than the regular kind.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 01:54 am
everyone who visits myspace wants to know the answer to the same riddle Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 02:05 am
I just learned my dog has her own name, and not the one I gave her, but I am sworn to secrecy not to reveal it.
0 Replies