Friends

Bekaboo

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 10:13 am
Gah

There is a chance I need new friends

You know the kind of friends who think they know what's best for you and kinda embroider the truth to push you into a decision they think is best?

One of my so-called-friends decided to tell me today that my boyfriend was messing around with a girl who is kinda his best friend. Now before I get the your-boyfriend-should-be-your-best-friend schpeel hear me out. We're both 18 so this is not a we-will-get-married kinda relationship, it's a we're pretty much best friends, we like hanging out, and we're attracted. So we'll give this a try.

Anyway just like he has a fair few female friends I have a lot of male friends. All my best friends bar one are male - so I'm not one to say Surprised Shocked they're friends they must be sleeping toghether!

But as some of you may or may not know, I suffer from depression and paranoia. And when I'm in one of those the-voices-shut-up, paranoid kinda moods, it's not the best time to tell me that they're messing around together. Spesh when all they've been doing is spending a fair bit of time together while i've been at my Dad's for 2 weeks (ok fair enuf all of the friends our age - the girl is 2 years younger - have jobs, and the majority of our friends who are 16 - ie her best friends - have been away) and holding hands a bit... which i do with my male best mates

Anyway result of this conversation? I sent a message to HER best mate, who happens to be a close friend of mine saying why the hell didn't you tell me? And then had to spend a fair bit of the day clearing up the mess after I got over the paranoia and realised the absurdity of what I'd been told

So yeh rant over. But does anyone else have friends who try to manipulate them like this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 701 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 01:26 pm
You are young, people will come and go, I have had several best friends, some for years, that I don't speak with anymore.... it depends on who u trust more, your friends or your boyfriend... I am not much older than you (20) and I am still going throught the whole, he said, she said bullsh*t... but I just try to steer away from that now, if I can't trust my man, then I don't want to be with him!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 04:45 pm
I'm 26 and I still have some people who try to pull this crap. Just let it roll off your back: I don't think these people ever go away!

Laughing They just show up with different faces.

When it comes to friends, and lovers, there has to be trust. So these folks aren't invited into my life once I get what they are doing. It sounds cheesy: but it's true. Life is too short for this stuff.

take care
0 Replies

Prince El

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 08:56 pm
bekaboo eh...what does that mean?
0 Replies

igotaq

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 12:24 am
im younger than all yall but so what all problems i have with relationships come from these sort of people. My problem is it all seems true, i am now having trust ishues and second thoughts because of them.im trying to let it go but im having trobel. im just glad im not the only one that sees what their up to.
0 Replies