RESTLESS, CAN'T SLEEP, STARTING TO WORRY... SO TIRED

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 07:45 am
Ok, as you all know I have been going through alot of sh*t and alot of changes.... well ever since I took my vacation from work, that started on the 12th of August, I haven't been able to sleep at night.... I will just lay there in bed and try and try to sleep but I am so restless that I just want to go out or something, I could probably run a mile and still not want to go to bed...

Well I am starting to worry now... I have needed to take naps after work because of how tired I am and today I woke up late and was an hour and a half late for work... but no matter how hard I tried to fall asleep last night, I couldn't... I turned to tv on and off... I tried so much... but I just felt antsy...

It isn't like I had to much on my mind and couldn't sleep... it is just like my body won't let me... I just feel like I need to go back out... the night before last I got about 4 hours of sleep, and the night before that about 3 hours.... and last night I didn't fall asleep until 2 am and I had been in bed since 11:30.... just laying there, I watched a movie to occupy myself cuz I couldn't sleep..... and I literally had to force myself to sleep... just laying on my back and staring at the wall... I may have fallen asleep later than that..... and I had to wake up @ 6, but I failed miserablely at that!!!

Now it has been almost a month since I have really slept at night.... There have been some nights that I haven't fallen asleep until the sun is coming up... Could I be becoming an insomniac?? I sleep during the day to get my energy back, but only for about half an hour...... so everyday I am running on maybe 4 hours of sleep.... and I am just tired... but once I try to go to bed, no matter how tired I am, I JUST CAN"T SLEEP

HELP HELP HELP
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,209 • Replies: 35
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 07:48 am
Get thee to a doctor. You may need medication to help get you back into a normal sleep cycle. But in the mean time, go ahead and run that mile.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 07:51 am
Get your butt to the doc, lady. Lack of sleep itself can cause all sorts of mischief in your brain. I suspect though, from your other posts, that there is a problem of brain chemistry that is causing these weird things to happen to you.

What the hell are you waiting for?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 07:51 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Get thee to a doctor. You may need medication to help get you back into a normal sleep cycle. But in the mean time, go ahead and run that mile.

Laughing I wouldn;t make it around half the block Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 07:53 am
Quote:
I wouldn;t make it around half the block

If you can type, you have the energy to call an ambulance. Do it, now!
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 07:57 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Get your butt to the doc, lady. Lack of sleep itself can cause all sorts of mischief in your brain. I suspect though, from your other posts, that there is a problem of brain chemistry that is causing these weird things to happen to you.

What the hell are you waiting for?

I don't like doctors and everytime I think about going to one, I change my mind... plus I don;t have time... and I am just making excuses... because later on today I will be in denial that something is wrong, and I will think I can fix it on my own!!!!!

So there is a good chance that I may not go to the doctor until I am absolutely going crazy... and if they were to give me medicine, I prolly wouldn't take it, I never do.. Don't know why, it just always gets me sick
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 07:58 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:
I wouldn;t make it around half the block

If you can type, you have the energy to call an ambulance. Do it, now!

I don't feel the need to call an ambulance.... if I truely need to go to the docs, I will.... but not in an ambulance, don't have the money, and other people need them alot more than i do...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 07:59 am
Crazie- I think that you know what you need to do, but you refuse to do it. If you prefer to live in misery, hey, it's your life.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 08:03 am
Is there anyone that you trust to recommend a doctor? I don't like docs either, but sometimes you have to accept that you need help. A good doctor could help you find ways to address your problem without excessive medication. Look at it this way, somethings eating at you and keeping you awake and messing with your moods. You can't sleep because of it. Because you can't sleep, you don't have the energy and the soundness of mind to take care of it. So it won't go away. Get to a doctor, take just enough medication to get you out of this funk so that you can deal with the underlying issues.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 08:05 am
I am on the same page as Phoenix. If you won't take our advice and get help, then I refuse to answer any more of your posts regarding your health.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 08:34 am
I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT!!! Everything in bold is what I am experiencing and they are all signs of insomnia..

states of mind - anxiety, depression, worry, anger, grief, anticipating a difficult event
change - moving house/city, starting university
environment - noise, discomfort, time zone change
pain - one of the commonest causes
medical conditions - heart, breathing, stomach, digestive, high blood pressure, arthritis, anorexia.
recreational drugs - including nicotine, caffeine, heroin, cocaine, amphetamines, LSD, cannabis
sleeping pills and tranquillisers - can actually cause sleep disturbance
other prescription drugs - including some contraceptives, diuretics, slimming pills, beta-blockers, stimulants.

I WILL GO TO THE DOCTORS IF I can find a doctor that will see me on the weekend and take my insurance... That is the only possible way I could do so now.... Now that I am working 2 jobs starting next week, I have no time at all... BUT you guys are right, I need to see a damn doctor... Evil or Very Mad

Anyone from my area know of any that take patients on weekends?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 08:35 am
Not from your area, sorry, but good for you for taking action. If you are about to start working two jobs you should address this as soon as possible. Like on your lunch break.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 08:39 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Not from your area, sorry, but good for you for taking action. If you are about to start working two jobs you should address this as soon as possible. Like on your lunch break.

I only have a half an hour lunch break and when I go on lunch, so does my doctors office and it goes right to their voicemail, but I will do a search for doctors a little bit later and make some phone calls... what kind of doctor do I see?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 08:48 am
Start with an internist or GP. Is your insurance an HMO, PPO, or something else? It might dictate where your first visit needs to be.

Whoever it is make sure you discuss your history of bi-polar. You can tell him you're confident that this isn't what your dealing with, but if he treats you for insomnia without knowing your history it can cause more harm than good.

Issy, you're no longer a little kid who is put into medical care by your parents or 'the authorities' and doesn't have a voice in your treatment. You are old enough to participate fully in your medical care and be part of whatever treatment decisions are made. You've made the adult decision to try to get help for yourself. You need to be the adult in the room with the dr as you discuss your symptoms and work out a plan of action.

Growing up comes with lots of advantages and responsibilities. Taking care of yourself is one of the responsibilities, having input into that care is one of the advantages.

Good decision to seek help, but it's only the first step.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 08:49 am
Well now, there's a good question. If you can find a mental health professional, I'd start there, but a good general physician should have enough info to at least refer you to someone who specializes in your kind of problem. Your problem is both physical and mental so it's hard to know where to start. Maybe see if there are any crisis hotlines that can refer you to a doctor.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 09:00 am
What I think I am going to look for is a therapist type doctor that sees patients on the weekends.... and takes my insurance, hopefully I can find one!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 09:25 am
Damn Girl!

Been following your threads for a few days, just waiting for this........
Look at your last few threads....first, you were very depressed
Then, everything was all rosy.......
Now, you're crashing.......

Connect the dots darlin'

Right now you are setting up an impossible criteria for help.

The odds are slim to none you are going to find a doctor who practices on the weekend. Period.

Add to that - you need the doctor to take your particular insurance.

The truth of the matter is....regardless of your work situation, you are just going to need to take the time to see someone, and quickly.

Bite the bullet and GO!

I can really identify what you've said in the past about family disapproval, not wanting to admit there's something wrong and all that......

#1 - now you're an adult, you don't need you mothers approval to get help.

#2 - Believe it or not - when you admit you have a problem, and seek help, that is more than half the battle. I have been there, you're not alone.

you are suffering, and you don't need to....lay it down and let someone help you.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 09:25 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Crazie- I think that you know what you need to do, but you refuse to do it. If you prefer to live in misery, hey, it's your life.

Bella Dea wrote:

I am on the same page as Phoenix. If you won't take our advice and get help, then I refuse to answer any more of your posts regarding your health.

I kinda want to follow suit here..
You have posted, and we have returned all of your suspicions of there being a problem.
I know it is easier to just talk your way through these issues then actually do something about them.
Sometimes admitting there is a problem leaves one to feel inadequate or 'broken' in some way. Conquering that feeling takes alot. But you can do that.
You ask for help.. but you know all we can do is type. Typing doesnt do ****. You need to see a doctor.
Everyone has offerd their shoulder, their sympathy and their experiences.
There is nothing more for us to do.
It is time for you to do something.
It is easier to think you have found a reason for your symptoms then to do the responsible thing and go to a doctor.
You know there is a problem or you wouldnt spend so much time thinking of excuses and reasons NOT to go to a doc, excuses and life situations to excuse the symptoms and possible solutions to fix it.
Help yourself at this point.
There is nothing we can do. Seeking attention from other people about your problems does nothing to help a doctor help you.
Put that effort into finding a doctor and get some help to live a normal balanced happy life. You deserve it.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 09:37 am
Thanks for everything guys, I know what I need to do now
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 05:02 pm
Quote:
Thanks for everything guys, I know what I need to do now

Great!

Now, the next step....

Keep us posted.