Why does the Bible get misinterpreted so often????

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:33 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
spendi, Yes, the catholic divorce rate is 21 percent. Here's a chart by different christian groups:

Denomination (in order of decreasing divorce rate) % who have been divorced
Non-denominational (small conservative groups; independents) 34%
Baptists 29%
Mainline Protestants 25%
Mormons 24%
Catholics 21%
Lutherans 21%

The 21% is interesting in that it is the exact same percentage that you will find for atheists/agnostics.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 07:06 pm
Only a comparison by a christian would come to that conclusion. Atheists/agnostics don't give a shet about similar or unsimilar statistics on divorce.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 07:14 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Only a comparison by a christian would come to that conclusion. Atheists/agnostics don't give a shet about similar or unsimilar statistics on divorce.

Shocked http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/laughing1.gif Shocked Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 07:19 pm
Wunner if this means I oughtta immediately divorce 21% of my wives.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 07:24 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

My dear Cicerone Imposter. That is not my conclusion. It is a verifiable fact from an internet search.

Pardon me, but if atheists do not give a shet (sp? ;-) ) about statistics on divorce, then why are the statistics on Christians posted? Are you being a bigot again? Tch, tch.... you really should learn to be a little more tolerant.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 07:48 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Wunner if this means I oughtta immediately divorce 21% of my wives.

At least 21% of them.... Smile Twisted Evil
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 07:51 pm
I posted the divorce rate for catholics because spendi asked. You have a problem with that? Too bad.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 08:02 pm
I'll post whatever I damn well please. I certainly do not require your permission, Mr. Imposter. The problem appears to be yours, not mine.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 08:32 pm
Never said you needed my permission for anything on a2k. Have you learned reading comprehension yet? Show me where I said you needed my permission for anything.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 08:39 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Never said you needed my permission for anything on a2k. Have you learned reading comprehension yet? Show me where I said you needed my permission for anything.

Mr. Cicerone Imposter,

I guess I need to send you Grandma's Secret Recipe to help you with your crankiness? Crying or Very sad I know that it worked for her. :wink: She would get all cranky like you are and then mix up this concoction of prune juice and mineral oil and drink it down and she'd be fine shortly thereafter.http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/050.gif I'd be happy to send you the recipe if you'd like.http://techhelpers.net/e4u/drink/trink42.gif

I hope you get to feeling better soon!http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 09:19 pm
Do it work on do-goodness and holier than thou?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 09:25 pm
Magginkat wrote:

Magginkat,

Sweetie, I'd be more than happy to send you the recipe! :wink:
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 10:04 pm
Magginkat wrote:

'Fraid not - thats usually untreatable; mostly they die with it.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 10:52 pm
Nothing beats Pluto Water, IMHO
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 10:53 pm
Neo,

How much for a case? Very Happy
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 11:18 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Magginkat wrote:

'Fraid not - thats usually untreatable; mostly they die with it.

Something tells me that you are 100% correct on this one too, Timber.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 11:24 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Magginkat wrote:

Magginkat,

Ms. Angel... The last time I heard someone talking about their 'recipe', it was for moonshine and it sure didn't have any prune juice in it. That might explain why you are always so giggly and zapping those smilie faces & wink , winks all through your posts.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 11:39 pm
Magginkat wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Magginkat wrote:

Magginkat,

Ms. Angel... The last time I heard someone talking about their 'recipe', it was for moonshine and it sure didn't have any prune juice in it. That might explain why you are always so giggly and zapping those smilie faces & wink , winks all through your posts.

Magginkat,

Sorry, don't do moonshine. Shocked I'm usually in a pretty upbeat mood. Sometimes more than others. :wink:
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 02:05 am
Happens to me once in a while too, Momma A - years of experience has taught me its just the drugs, and it'll pass as they wear off and I burn out. A good sleep will do wonders for ya.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 06:47 am
Implicator wrote:
timberlandko wrote:
I accept you will not - actually, given the proposition you champion cannot - agree, Implicator, but I submit your latest replies amount to sophistry, confirming by example the very point I am making.

The notion that a perfect deity would provide the perfect word, "The Revealed, Immutable Truth", in a manner such that it would require interpretation and interpolation to be understood is self-cancelling - an absurdity. Such a notion is neither more nor less than a job guarantee for the priesthood.

I agree with you Timber. It is impossible for me to (logically) agree with you, because I don't find your position tenable. My latest replies have provided a refutation of your position, one which includes and applies the very definition of the words in question ("interpret"). To simply claim that I am unable to agree with you (which implies you are correct and I am not), is insufficient. If my comments amount to sophistry, then please proceed to show what it is that distinguishes what you would agree is a plausible argument from an argument that is truly sound.

If God did not reveal what he meant with perfection, then man would have no hope of understanding the concepts he was expressing to us via his revelation. That man is able to incorrectly interpret what God has said does not minimize the usefulness of the original words which were delivered - such a conclusion relies upon the assumption that God wants every person to understand exactly what he says the first time out without any reliance upon God.

I

Reliance upon God. Why would God want that? Glory?
0 Replies