Is there some "blame" that should accrue?????

Linkat

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 10:45 am
Frank - over and over you state you "think". Obviously you can only "think" since you do not know.

You can disagree with me, but I can disagree with you that the sky is blue, that water is made up of H2O, etc. and etc., but it does not mean you are correct. And from what you have written in responses, I have a high level of comfort that you disagreeing from my statement is really not much of a concern.

Not that I feel the need to test God, same as I don't feel the need to test gravity, other people, etc. I do day to day as I said before. Any person does, whether Christian or not by being a human being. Every day you test God without even trying (did you read what I wrote prior - funny how you avoid certain things in your quotes) - I sin daily and God forgives.

Again on the guessing - as stated before it is simple faith. It is simple faith that He is there, it is simple faith He is all forgiving. Same faith as people have when they wake up the sun will rise. Same faith a baby has that mom will feed and love and hold me when they cry. I am not guessing, I have faith.

Also if you quote, please quote completely. I have not heard in my church people say god-fearing. It does not mean some Christians are not fearful - I also stated that some Christians are. Funny thing with google you can put in almost any combination of words and get millions of hits. Put Frank Ass in to google search and you also get millions of hits. I don't feel you are necessarily an Ass, just like to raze people, but the two connect.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 10:47 am
I also get 2.8 million hits in google when I search for Frank loves God. Well, I guess it must be true then.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 11:46 am
Linkat wrote:
Frank - over and over you state you "think". Obviously you can only "think" since you do not know.

You can disagree with me, but I can disagree with you that the sky is blue, that water is made up of H2O, etc. and etc., but it does not mean you are correct. And from what you have written in responses, I have a high level of comfort that you disagreeing from my statement is really not much of a concern.

Not that I feel the need to test God, same as I don't feel the need to test gravity, other people, etc. I do day to day as I said before. Any person does, whether Christian or not by being a human being. Every day you test God without even trying (did you read what I wrote prior - funny how you avoid certain things in your quotes) - I sin daily and God forgives.

Again on the guessing - as stated before it is simple faith. It is simple faith that He is there, it is simple faith He is all forgiving. Same faith as people have when they wake up the sun will rise. Same faith a baby has that mom will feed and love and hold me when they cry. I am not guessing, I have faith.

Also if you quote, please quote completely. I have not heard in my church people say god-fearing. It does not mean some Christians are not fearful - I also stated that some Christians are. Funny thing with google you can put in almost any combination of words and get millions of hits. Put Frank Ass in to google search and you also get millions of hits. I don't feel you are necessarily an Ass, just like to raze people, but the two connect.

Link...you are (justifiably) terrified of your god...and that is apparent in everything you write.

As for the "faith"...what you are saying is that you have arbitrarily decided there is a god...and since you are terrified of the god...you will not even question the notion.

Question the existence of your god, Link.

You are not afraid of the god...so just acknowledge that there is a chance there are no gods at all.

Acknowledge that you are merely guessing that there is a GOD...and that the god you worship is that GOD.

Acknowledge that atheists guessing there are no gods...are on an equal footing with your guesses that there is one.

C'mon, Link. Show us that you are not afraid.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 11:47 am
By the way...earlier you asserted that you had shown that you were not afraid of your god...and I asked specifically how you had shown that.

You ever going to get around to answering that?
0 Replies

Jehovah

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2005 07:24 am
Whinge, whinge, whinge, Frank, whinge, whinge, whinge.

I have a plan, alright? Just trust me, damnit.

I'm here for you Frank, I really am. Now my partner's going to come back in a few minutes. Mr. Satan, remember? You didn't like him, did you? I just don't know what he'll do if you're still questioning my existence when he gets here. I just can't control him when he gets angry like that. All that eternal torment and gnashing of teeth, geez, he frightens me sometimes.

But he doesn't have to come back, Frank. It doesn't have to be like that. All you have to do is say one little prayer, just one little prayer and it'll all go away. Here, I'll put the prayer in front of you. There it is. You don't even have to say it. Just sign at the bottom, any mark will do. And it'll all go away. No more hell to worry about.

What d'ya say, Frank?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2005 08:55 am
Jehovah wrote:

I'm here for you Frank, I really am. Now my partner's going to come back in a few minutes. Mr. Satan, remember? You didn't like him, did you? I just don't know what he'll do if you're still questioning my existence when he gets here. I just can't control him when he gets angry like that. All that eternal torment and gnashing of teeth, geez, he frightens me sometimes.

But he doesn't have to come back, Frank. It doesn't have to be like that. All you have to do is say one little prayer, just one little prayer and it'll all go away. Here, I'll put the prayer in front of you. There it is. You don't even have to say it. Just sign at the bottom, any mark will do. And it'll all go away. No more hell to worry about.

What d'ya say, Frank?

Take your prayers and store them where the sun doesn't shine.
0 Replies

Jehovah

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2005 10:39 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Jehovah wrote:

What d'ya say, Frank?

Bugger. The good cop/bad cop routine used to work so well.

I'm feeling some more fire and brimstone coming on.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2005 10:47 am
Jehovah wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Jehovah wrote:

What d'ya say, Frank?

Bugger. The good cop/bad cop routine used to work so well.

I'm feeling some more fire and brimstone coming on.

Sounds like you are safeguarding the wrong things were the sun doesn't shine!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2005 12:17 pm
Admit it, Frank, you are absolutely terrified.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 03:22 am
Intrepid wrote:
Admit it, Frank, you are absolutely terrified.

What am I supposed to "admit" I am terrified of?????
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 07:19 am
Me.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 08:13 am
Sturgis wrote:
Me.

Nah...you are a pussycat, too.
0 Replies

auroreII

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 11:58 pm
Frank said....If someone else has asked this question already...I apologize for the repeat...but...

...since "the faithful" were so anxious to thank their gods for sparing them the full brunt of Katrina's fury the day after the hurricane plowed through the south...on that day after when it seemed the "big one" had been averted...

...why is it that they are not "blaming" their gods for what actually happened?

Frank,
Are you looking at the question from your point of view or from God's point of view?
I told you that God has to be consistent to his word. You told me (and correct me if I'm wrong) you felt that if God, really were God then he should be able to do anything he wants to do.
What if he is doing just that? Why should he do what we want?
Should an all knowing, all perfect, all powerful God be reduced to nothing more than a lacky for doing our bidding?
Wouldn't it make more sense to follow God's lead since he has all the answers?
How can we blame God if we don't have the answers to everything?

It looks like this is going to be another impass over whether or not to believe in God.
Someone recently asked me if I felt that what was happening in the south from the hurricane was due to something we did that God is punishing us for. I told them no. I believe that it was just due to the laws of nature, global warming, etc..That's just my opinion.
The bible says .....In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.
You can read in Genesis where God created the world with his word. God said let there be light and there was light. He established the laws of nature. The bible says that once God says something, it is established. Just because there are laws of nature that doesn't mean God doesn't love us.

Lots of really bad things happened to Job. The people were looking at things through their point of view and at one point there was some question about what God was doing. You can read what God has to say about this in Job 38-42. God simply asked Job where he was when he (God) created the world. We don't always know why things happen, but I believe God does.

You can read about Joseph. Lots of really bad things happened to Joseph, but he did his best and trusted in God. Joseph ended up as the right hand man to pharoah and one of the most important people in the world of his time. When he looked back over his life I believe he says that he could see that God did everything for good. God has a purpose for our lives.

Christians trust in the promises of God because they know he is consistent. He will do what he says. The bible says God loves us. John 3:16.
I'll tell you why I believe in God. I didn't always have such strong belief, but over the years I've seen things that can only be explained by the work of God. I also have heard testimony of people's lives being changed by the fruit of the spirit as they turn to Jesus. They go from bitter, angry, bored, and depressed to joyful, peaceful, gentle, loving, contented, etc.-all the attributes and qualities that Jesus embodies. (Gal.5:22)
"Fruit of the spirit" -There's that darn fruit again.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2005 01:58 am
auroreII wrote:
Frank said....If someone else has asked this question already...I apologize for the repeat...but...

...since "the faithful" were so anxious to thank their gods for sparing them the full brunt of Katrina's fury the day after the hurricane plowed through the south...on that day after when it seemed the "big one" had been averted...

...why is it that they are not "blaming" their gods for what actually happened?

Frank,
Are you looking at the question from your point of view or from God's point of view?
I told you that God has to be consistent to his word. You told me (and correct me if I'm wrong) you felt that if God, really were God then he should be able to do anything he wants to do.
What if he is doing just that? Why should he do what we want?
Should an all knowing, all perfect, all powerful God be reduced to nothing more than a lacky for doing our bidding?
Wouldn't it make more sense to follow God's lead since he has all the answers?
How can we blame God if we don't have the answers to everything?

It looks like this is going to be another impass over whether or not to believe in God.
Someone recently asked me if I felt that what was happening in the south from the hurricane was due to something we did that God is punishing us for. I told them no. I believe that it was just due to the laws of nature, global warming, etc..That's just my opinion.
The bible says .....In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God.
You can read in Genesis where God created the world with his word. God said let there be light and there was light. He established the laws of nature. The bible says that once God says something, it is established. Just because there are laws of nature that doesn't mean God doesn't love us.

Lots of really bad things happened to Job. The people were looking at things through their point of view and at one point there was some question about what God was doing. You can read what God has to say about this in Job 38-42. God simply asked Job where he was when he (God) created the world. We don't always know why things happen, but I believe God does.

You can read about Joseph. Lots of really bad things happened to Joseph, but he did his best and trusted in God. Joseph ended up as the right hand man to pharoah and one of the most important people in the world of his time. When he looked back over his life I believe he says that he could see that God did everything for good. God has a purpose for our lives.

Christians trust in the promises of God because they know he is consistent. He will do what he says. The bible says God loves us. John 3:16.
I'll tell you why I believe in God. I didn't always have such strong belief, but over the years I've seen things that can only be explained by the work of God. I also have heard testimony of people's lives being changed by the fruit of the spirit as they turn to Jesus. They go from bitter, angry, bored, and depressed to joyful, peaceful, gentle, loving, contented, etc.-all the attributes and qualities that Jesus embodies. (Gal.5:22)
"Fruit of the spirit" -There's that darn fruit again.

It is quite possible to invent a god and to descibe that god in such a way that no matter what happens that humans would consider "good" ..."believers" in the god should thank the god for the happening...

...but whenever something happens that humans would consider "bad"...no blame should accrue to the god.

That does not answer my question. That is simply a trick of superstition about gods.

If the god were being thanked when it appeared New Orleans had been spared...why should the god not, in some way, be "blamed" for the fact that New Orleans was not spared?

This is NOT an argument for "blaming" any god for anything!!!!!!!
0 Replies