Is there some "blame" that should accrue?????

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 01:39 pm
Here is what your god has allowed to pass down as advice:

"When you march up to attack a city, first offer terms of peace.
If it agrees to your terms of peace and opens its gates to you,
all the people to be found in it shall serve you in forced labor.
But if it refuses to make peace with you and instead offers you
battle, lay siege to it, and when the Lord, your God, delivers it
into your hand, put every male in it to the sword, but the women
and children and livestock and all else in it that is worth
plunder you may take as your booty and you may use this plunder
of your enemies which the Lord, your God, has given you." Deuteronomy 20:10

Tell your god what you think of this message.

Show us that you are not afraid of your god.

Do it!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:18 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Quote:
And...I am still waiting for any of you folks to show me that you are not afraid of your god.

I am not afraid of my God!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:21 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

Do it!
I thought I was supposed to be finding a way to show you how I have faith and a belief in God and do so without terrorized fear. Now you want me to decipher Bible verses for you?

I can hardly wait until we get to the next chapter and verse 23.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:23 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Quote:
And...I am still waiting for any of you folks to show me that you are not afraid of your god.

I am not afraid of my God!

C'mon, Intrepid...you are the one I really want to show me that you are not.

Give your god some noise about its excesses.

Pick one of those matters I've put up for you. Tell your god what you think of its advice for handling victories in battle. Tell it what you think of torturing the people of Egypt...and then slaughtering the first born in order to get done what it could have gotten done using reasonable methods.

C'mon.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:30 pm
Sturgis wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Do it!

I thought I was supposed to be finding a way to show you how I have faith and a belief in God and do so without terrorized fear. Now you want me to decipher Bible verses for you?

The last thing in the world I want is for you to be "deciphering" Bible verses for me.

I am able to read them quite clearly...and I seldom get anything other than amusement from the rationalizations theists put on them.

Why not just take me up on my challenge to have you show me how you are not afraid of your god.

And instead of telling me about people with the hands up in the air and smiles on their faces singing songs telling the god how wonderful it is and how much they all love it....

...just give your god a bit of static on one of the items I've pointed out.

If you think the next verse in the passage I cited will somehow negate the barbarity of what I quoted...present it. We'll talk. I am enjoying this bit of give and take....and maybe one or both of us will come away with something important.

I can hardly wait until we get to the next chapter and verse 23.[/quote]
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:40 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

Do it!

Frank,

In how many threads are you going to bore us with this same rhetoric? You are using this verse ad nauseum to prove some silly point that you find to be all encompassing.

We do not know the hows and whys of things those thousands of years ago. Many things were done then that were accepted and were, in fact, the norm. We are thousands of years in the future. Do you see these things happening today? Are we bound by those events?

Are you going to use this one verse in every thread that you either start or contribute to?

If you want to blame God for New Orleans...go ahead. That is your perogative. You seem to be either envious or jealous of those who have faith and are not afraid. I think that you are afraid Frank. You are afraid to tell God that you love him.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:43 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Do it!

Frank,

In how many threads are you going to bore us with this same rhetoric? You are using this verse ad nauseum to prove some silly point that you find to be all encompassing.

We do not know the hows and whys of things those thousands of years ago. Many things were done then that were accepted and were, in fact, the norm. We are thousands of years in the future. Do you see these things happening today? Are we bound by those events?

Are you going to use this one verse in every thread that you either start or contribute to?

If you want to blame God for New Orleans...go ahead. That is your perogative. You seem to be either envious or jealous of those who have faith and are not afraid. I think that you are afraid Frank. You are afraid to tell God that you love him.

Well, I can see you are not going to take your god to task for allowing this bit of advice to survive.

So...how about taking the god to task for allowing this piece of advice to be attributed to it:

"Slaves, male and female, you may indeed possess, provided you BUY them from among the neighboring nations. You may also BUY them from among the aliens who reside with you and from their children who are born and reared in your land. Such slaves YOU MAY OWN AS CHATTELS, and leave to your sons as their hereditary property, MAKING THEM PERPETUAL SLAVES. But you shall not lord it harshly over any of the Israelites, your kinsmen."

C'mon, Intrepid. Show us that you are not terrified of the monster!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:47 pm
Intrepid wrote:

No, no, no....I am not.

Zeus...I love ya, man. I love ya.

I LOVE YOU, ZEUS!

But I gotta tell ya, Zeus...there are times when you are a first-class schmuck. Why don't you keep your head on straight...stay in your regular body form...stop with becoming a bull and raping young women...and stop with the carousing in general.

Now...Intrepid....do you see that I am not afraid.

So let's see you do something similar with your monster god.

Tell your god what you don't like about it.

Tell it with passion.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:48 pm
If this was true today, I may have particular thoughts on it. It is not true today so it is a moot point.

One should also realize that back then, servants were also called slaves and did not live the life of a slave that we would expect.

Just look back 150 years in the history of your own country if you want to see the reality of slavery.

You disrespect our God and you disrespect us and you expect us to betray our faith to give you some kind of morbid satisfaction?

Grow up, Frank.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:49 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

The last thing in the world I want is for you to be "deciphering" Bible verses for me.

I am able to read them quite clearly...and I seldom get anything other than amusement from the rationalizations theists put on them.

Why not just take me up on my challenge to have you show me how you are not afraid of your god.

And instead of telling me about people with the hands up in the air and smiles on their faces singing songs telling the god how wonderful it is and how much they all love it....

...just give your god a bit of static on one of the items I've pointed out.

If you think the next verse in the passage I cited will somehow negate the barbarity of what I quoted...present it. We'll talk. I am enjoying this bit of give and take....and maybe one or both of us will come away with something important.

I can hardly wait until we get to the next chapter and verse 23.
[/quote]

Oh gracious me the happy cajun is now a ragin'.
Seriously Frank, how can I explain all of this to you. People have said that faith is something which exists or does not. It isn't about a bunch of smiling people singing songs on Sunday morning (well not for all of us). How exactly am to show you that I am not afraid of God/ Am I supposed to douse myself with lighter fluid and then walk through burning hoops? Should I leap into a river or lake filled with piranas and alligators? The fact that I step outside each day into the unknown shows that I have faith. Faith that I will be protected each and every step of the way and if in one of those steps it becomes my time to leave Earth, then I will be attended to and guided along by a past Earth soul. Hokey you say? Okay. But it is my belief. I feel and know this to be the truth. My truth. You need to find and have your own truth. The mere fact that you apparently keep reading The Bible tells me you must believe in something even if it is radically different from what I believe in. The God I have in my life asks mainly that I do my best in life and that I try not to hurt another and yes with that there is also a tender faith. It does not mean that at the time of death I will be parted forever from you or others. I cannot explain it Frank, it is something which cannot be translated into words.

Do you trust Frank? If you get in a car or a bus or a plane do you trust that it will get where you need to be without ending your life? Trust and Faith...they go hand in hand Frank.

As for Biblical verses, no I am not suggesting that any one verse will negate the next one; however if you look at the verse I mentioned you will see the absurdity of it which is why I have said in the past that the Bible is merely a guidebook which is only as good as its reader.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:51 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

No, no, no....I am not.

I LOVE YOU, ZEUS!

But I gotta tell ya, Zeus...there are times when you are a first-class schmuck. Why don't you keep your head on straight...stay in your regular body form...stop with becoming a bull and raping young women...and stop with the carousing in general.

Tell it with passion.

So, you are not an agnostic? You do subscribe to religion? You subscribe to the ancient Greek Gods? Good for you, Frank. You have finally emerged.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:56 pm
was this posted if so ignore

Source URL: http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2005/sep/05090111.html

LifeSiteNews.com
Thursday September 1, 2005

New Orleans City Council President: "Maybe God's Going To Cleanse Us"

NEW ORLEANS, September 1, 2005 (LifeSiteNews.com) - The popular adage, "there are no atheists in the trenches" sums up the truth that in times of disaster it is natural for people to turn to God, for help and also for an explanation. The devastation wrought by hurricane Katrina has brought that reality home to the United States, particularly in the affected regions.

Yesterday Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco called for a state-wide day of prayer. "As we face the devastation wrought by Katrina, as we search for those in need, as we comfort those in pain and as we begin the long task of rebuilding, we turn to God for strength, hope and comfort," she said. Meanwhile, New Orleans City Council President Oliver Thomas after witnessing the horrors first hand and hearing talk of Sodom and Gomorrah commented, "Maybe God's going to cleanse us."
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:59 pm
Hey God I don't like the fact that you gave my neighbor a bigger paycheck than me.
Hey God I don't like the fact that you gave me a lopsided body.

Yo, God I'm really saddened that you didn't get me into me a date with that guy down the road a ways.

God I am ticked off that you let me fall in the snow last winter.

I'm bothered God. Bothered by the fact that summer was too brutal and that the electric costs were insane.

You know God it really eats at me that you can't just give me the friggin words to explain to FrankApisa what Faith is. Why won't you do that God? Is it because I stole that pen when I was 15? Is it because I decided not to go into the ministry?

Is that what you want Frank? I cannot rally generate major anger towards God, not right now. I said earlier I have at times cursed and screamed at God but I don't stay there. For one thing who needs all that anger? Yeah, that's another thing God gave me...an ability to recognize my anger and realize it is dangerous to me. I am sorry Frank I have no way to explain this to you.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 03:02 pm
Intrepid wrote:
If this was true today, I may have particular thoughts on it. It is not true today so it is a moot point.

One should also realize that back then, servants were also called slaves and did not live the life of a slave that we would expect.

The passage is pretty explicit. They could be kept as slaves...and treated as chattels.

C'mon.

Quote:
Just look back 150 years in the history of your own country if you want to see the reality of slavery.

You disrespect our God and you disrespect us and you expect us to betray our faith to give you some kind of morbid satisfaction?

I expect you to tell the truth.

If you are afraid of your god...simply acknowledge that you are.

And it is painfully obvious that you are.

Quote:
Grow up, Frank.

Stop living in the past, Intrepid. Stop having the same morbid fears as ancient, superstitious peoples did.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 03:08 pm
Sturgis wrote:

Oh gracious me the happy cajun is now a ragin'.
Seriously Frank, how can I explain all of this to you. People have said that faith is something which exists or does not. It isn't about a bunch of smiling people singing songs on Sunday morning (well not for all of us). How exactly am to show you that I am not afraid of God/

Well why don't we start with something simple.

I gave you several different items that could cause any caring, feeling, humane person to feel the god giving the advice or doing the doing....

...is pretty much a murderous, barbaric monster.

Why don't you show us that you are not afraid of your god by simply telling your god right here in this thread....that you are not afraid of it...and that the passages cited really disgust you?

Give it a try. Let's see how it goes.

Am I supposed to douse myself with lighter fluid and then walk through burning hoops? Should I leap into a river or lake filled with piranas and alligators? [/quote]

How would that prove you do not fear your god??????

Do what I suggested above.

How would you show a schoolyard bully that you are not afraid of him???

You wouldn't set yourself on fire or leap into a river?

You would stand up to him....and call him to task for his behavior.

So do it.

Let's see you be unafraid of your god.

Quote:
s for Biblical verses, no I am not suggesting that any one verse will negate the next one; however if you look at the verse I mentioned you will see the absurdity of it which is why I have said in the past that the Bible is merely a guidebook which is only as good as its reader.

If you want to quote one of the passages as I quoted the passage above...do so. We should all read it.

Let's see what you are offering that you think is so important to temper my feelings about the verses I cited.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 03:09 pm
Frank,

Are you suggesting that I am lying? Yup, this is your usual form when you don't have something to say that has any substance.

Why do you insist that we have fears? The only fears that I have are when people like you write your hatred and it is available for impressionable children to read. You are the monster, Frank. You are what the little children will see when they say their prayers and are tucked into their beds at night. You try to spread your hate and then accuse Christians of forcing themselves on people.

Frank, you are the one that starts these threads. Not us. Think about it. What is your agenda here?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 03:09 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

No, no, no....I am not.

I LOVE YOU, ZEUS!

Tell it with passion.

So, you are not an agnostic? You do subscribe to religion? You subscribe to the ancient Greek Gods? Good for you, Frank. You have finally emerged.

Credit where credit is due!

Very cute! :wink:
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 03:10 pm
It wasn't meant to be cute, Frank. Is that the best you can do? Are you afraid of reality?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 03:11 pm
husker wrote:
was this posted if so ignore

Source URL: http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2005/sep/05090111.html

LifeSiteNews.com
Thursday September 1, 2005

New Orleans City Council President: "Maybe God's Going To Cleanse Us"

NEW ORLEANS, September 1, 2005 (LifeSiteNews.com) - The popular adage, "there are no atheists in the trenches" sums up the truth that in times of disaster it is natural for people to turn to God, for help and also for an explanation. The devastation wrought by hurricane Katrina has brought that reality home to the United States, particularly in the affected regions.

Yesterday Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco called for a state-wide day of prayer. "As we face the devastation wrought by Katrina, as we search for those in need, as we comfort those in pain and as we begin the long task of rebuilding, we turn to God for strength, hope and comfort," she said. Meanwhile, New Orleans City Council President Oliver Thomas after witnessing the horrors first hand and hearing talk of Sodom and Gomorrah commented, "Maybe God's going to cleanse us."

Yup...suck up to the gods.

That is what they are doing.

And for certain there are people who are afraid...who will cry out "Mommie"...even when they are older and their mothers are dead.

And some will turn to the gods.

No big deal.

Nothing to write home about.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 03:14 pm
Sturgis wrote:
Hey God I don't like the fact that you gave my neighbor a bigger paycheck than me.
Hey God I don't like the fact that you gave me a lopsided body.

Yo, God I'm really saddened that you didn't get me into me a date with that guy down the road a ways.

God I am ticked off that you let me fall in the snow last winter.

I'm bothered God. Bothered by the fact that summer was too brutal and that the electric costs were insane.

You know God it really eats at me that you can't just give me the friggin words to explain to FrankApisa what Faith is. Why won't you do that God? Is it because I stole that pen when I was 15? Is it because I decided not to go into the ministry?

Is that what you want Frank? I cannot rally generate major anger towards God, not right now. I said earlier I have at times cursed and screamed at God but I don't stay there. For one thing who needs all that anger? Yeah, that's another thing God gave me...an ability to recognize my anger and realize it is dangerous to me. I am sorry Frank I have no way to explain this to you.

Don't be, Sturgis...because fella...you got balls.

This was a man-sized reply to my challenge.

I thank you for it.
0 Replies