Why and how often do men...

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 01:40 pm
Well what I wanna know really is why do men lie so frequently about who they've slept with or better yet just talk rubbish about it such as "I slept with like three chicks in the last two days" when you know it's a lie because you know where this person has been and also that well unless they were paying for it it was very unlikley.

Why do they do it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,712 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Roofingguy

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 02:22 pm
we say three cuz the 4rth one got away..... Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 02:26 pm
funny but not infromative I just wanna know cos I've had guys liet o ther friendds abotu sleeping with me as well I just want to know if this is common place
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 02:30 pm
To feel macho, I suppose.

Make no mistake though, not all men are like that. Never generalize, there are plenty good ones out there who don't feel the pressure to do such things.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 02:38 pm
I'm sure i just wish i could meet some
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:10 am
Men have to impress their male friends.
They will say careless, stupid, hurtful comments without thinking about the effect it will have on the person they are lying about.
This has happened to me and it upsets me alot.
I was called a slapper by somebody that tried to get me into bed countless times and never succeeded!!How screwed up and wrong is that!

Men that do this are insecure and childish.

They are also not worth knowing, or worrying about.Their actions say more about them than you.

There are some decent guys out there.Somewhere.

Dont let it get to you.Rise above it, you are better than them.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:20 am
This had happened to me several times, so I know how you feel. It hurts and it tarnishes ones reputation, but over the years, I just learned to let it roll off my back. My true friends know it was a bunch of bull, so that's all that matters to me these days.

Some guys just feel that need to brag about that crap, like some enjoy showing off by doing burn outs with their cars. Either way, they're just making fools of themselves and making it easier for us to spot them ;-)

Lets be grateful that we never went out with the bums.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:39 am
Re: Why and how often do men...
tagged_lyricist wrote:
Well what I wanna know really is why do men lie so frequently about who they've slept with or better yet just talk rubbish about it such as "I slept with like three chicks in the last two days" when you know it's a lie because you know where this person has been and also that well unless they were paying for it it was very unlikley.

Why do they do it?

He could be one of those lousy or so, so lovers, and really can't get a lot of girls, so he lies.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 07:04 am
it is not just men.
I have met women who do it too..
I believe it is a way for someone to ' show off ' to their friends.
it is also a way for someone to feel better about themselves. Strange thing.. who feels better about a lie? Dunno.. but it happens
Sometimes it is a joke that men and women play to assist them in asking you TO sleep with them

the reasons are endless, the out come the same.
One lies another is embarassed or hurt.
>sigh<
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 07:07 am
True
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 07:14 am
I never lie about. Nope. Not once have I claimed to have been with 3 women in one night (although I lived with 5 women at once for several years Shocked ...mother, granny, aunt and 2 sisters I almost was strangled many times by their stockings on the shower curtain rod Mad ).
No, no never once have I lied about my sexual conquests with women.
This may be due to being gay which brings up the point of fact that gay men also exaggerate. Something tells me it happens across all lines no matter what the gender or sexual interests.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 01:22 pm
true I suppose some people are just insecure morons who feel the ned to lie to fit in and be cool
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 01:25 pm
I know females that have lied, so it's not just guys. It's basically people being insecure, so they have to make stuff up to feel better about themselves.

And I don't make up stories about that crap. If you get caught you look like a jackass.
0 Replies

Skwerl X

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 03:07 pm
I'm looking for a guy named Doo Hoo. Slappy Doo Hoo. He owes me money and has impregnated my sister. If you see him, tell him I'm looking for him.

Thank you, and have a lovely day.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 03:09 pm
The return of the Skwerl.... lock up your cats folks.
0 Replies

Skwerl X

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 03:11 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
The return of the Skwerl.... lock up your cats folks.

Why hello there. Do I know you by another name, Throbber?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 03:11 pm
Skwerl, don't worry about aquamarineveined throbber. That's really a bi-polar bear, hiding from his creditors.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 03:12 pm
Welcome back Skwerl
0 Replies

Skwerl X

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 03:14 pm
Does the Ese Edgar still exist?
0 Replies

Skwerl X

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 03:14 pm
Acquiunk wrote: