Supersize Me

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 04:58 pm
Wonderful ableknow folks,

The film Supersize Me was a hit a couple of years back, and as a result McDonalds...etc ceased using the phrase "supersize me" .
I've not seen it, but apparently there is a new film where a woman eats nothing but McDonalds' and claims to loss weight.

Well as my teen ager would say "That sucks"

Please allow me to give you some facts: (I am up to my ears in this stuff---this is not my persnal opinion , its the facts)

* USA Schoolchildren today are facing a deadly epidemic. Obesity is the fastest farrowing cause of illness and death, killing one American every 90 seconds.
*Diabetes is the main cause of kidney failure, limb amputations and blindness in adults and a major cause of heart disease & stroke.
*There is no vaccine that will prevent Hip. C.
There is so much good going on for the children please look into it. And get involved.
* for more info...
www.agr.state.tx,us
www.fns.usda.gov/cnd

Yellowlab Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 905 • Replies: 11
No top replies

yellowlab

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 05:03 pm
Oh for the love of heaven! You mean to tell me that this post on the health of children is underlined in green for advertizers? Obesity, diabetes & heart disease
0 Replies

Roofingguy

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 12:02 am
i stop worrying about how i am going to die a long time ago.. i think is more important to me what you did when you were alive and were you are going to go when you die... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 12:31 am
here is a related link
0 Replies

infini

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 02:32 am
It says something when obesity is considered an epidemic.

It was most likely muscle lost.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 03:46 am
Yes; this is something I don't understand.

I have a good friend whose entire family is obese. She has an 8 yr old brother who is morbidly obese. He has been hospitalized for various 'complications' arising from his obesity. Still, he lives off McDonald's and corndogs.

I see this as child abuse. I find it horrifying that parents are not working harder to protect their children in this respect. Obesity disables and kills.

I don't know what to say. How do you help when people don't see it as a serious problem?!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 06:41 am
Moderation in all things--including MacDonalds.

Eat less. Move more.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 08:41 am
Less food. More fiber.
0 Replies

yellowlab

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 05:36 pm
Its a little more than that roger, I am so proud of the efforts of the USDA, the actions of Healthy Kids at Home & School. (Want more info?)
Its not less food BUT healthier food. Eat your colors .
For us, the adults, best advice, Omega 3s. Salmon (not farm) at least 2 times a week.
Now, you know I am wishing you would ask me to back this information up!
To your good health!!!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 05:42 pm
"Less food. More fiber. "

hard turds . Exlax Laughing

i am absolutly in agreement with this thread.
My daughter has NEVER eaten from mcdonalds.
She has NEVER eaten beef. When she is able to digest it, she wont eat AMERICAN beef, she will eat organic .
She gets no granulated sugar.
No geneticaly altered chicken

the list could go on and on.
But Ill be damned if I am responsible for heart disease, obecity, allergies, bone densityloss, adhd, diabeties.. and many other so called : common : diseases that can be avoided with proper diet.

Child abuse? OH YES/ People who feed their kids until their skin pops and then tells them to eat everything on their plate so it doesnt " go to waste' are abusing their kids.
It is up to the parent to teach a child proper life skills and that includes diet.

this is a tangent I share with you yellowlab.
I will post more later ;-)
oh yeah! hiyya fellow austin-ite..
0 Replies

yellowlab

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 05:53 pm
shewolfnm,
Great! Your children don't eat the fast foods! And you bet you are not responsible for ,and hear me they are now "Chronic diseases". This means that it will affect your state. And children that do not have parents as well informed as you.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2005 09:26 pm
Yellowlab, SheWolf, and anyone else who supports this:
Hoorah!! Razz

If and when I have children: they will be raised to know how to eat properly.
That seems to be a lot of the problem: kids don't know what is food and what to eat Laughing

oh well, I will relax now before I hijack your thread into a terminal biotching session that only I participate in (Fitness freak?! What?! Just bc I'm not eating half a cheesecake after every meal?) Embarrassed
0 Replies