Michael Moore's Take on Bush/Katrina

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 09:27 am
http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php?messageDate=2005-09-02

Of course, he's a liberal twit, bashing for the pure hatred of Bush/America, but, he's always worth a read anyway.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,414 • Replies: 21
No top replies

yitwail

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 10:46 am
yup, moore's in usual form, but too bad he can't do something more constructive than second-guessing. for instance, if he had been campaigning to get the Army Corps of Engineers to shore up levees before Katrina--but that would be first-guessing, not mike's specialty.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 03:41 pm
Somehow, I knew it was Moore's fault Bush cut the funds that could have shored up the levee.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 03:45 pm
BM
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 05:33 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Somehow, I knew it was Moore's fault Bush cut the funds that could have shored up the levee.

i don't know about that, edgar, but bush got elected instead of gore because know-it-alls like moore decided it didn't matter who won in 2000 and endorsed nader. i didn't vote for bush either times. i don't like bush, but that doesn't mean i have to like moore. the enemy of my enemy is my friend mentality went out with chairman mao.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 05:42 pm
I hope Bush burns in hell for eternity and is raped by demons wearing condoms covered with sharded glass.

(Just had to get that off my chest)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 05:44 pm
Yitwail
Okay, I think. Thanks for responding.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 05:46 pm
And so it was that Moore, the lunatic who craved publicity more than a quadruple cheesebuger with fried onions and a pound of bacon, a man who hated anything not liberal more than he detested Newt Gingrich and Trent Lott, began work on his latest film.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 05:48 pm
Sturgis, how did you find your way to Vermont?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 06:16 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Sturgis, how did you find your way to Vermont?

I took a bus.

Just me and Lou and a dog named Who traveling and a-living off the land.
Me and Lou and a dog named Who, how I love being a free man. (yeah I know that would be for the next state over New Hampshire..."Live free or die") and apologies for the new take on Lobo's song Me and You and a Dog Named Boo.

Lyrics
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 06:18 pm
I was in Rutland last year. I didn't see you.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 06:23 pm
Next time check that neighbothood bar the KY Cowboy Corral, Gus.
0 Replies

bermbits

Sturgis - as a NHer, I feel it incumbent upon myself to "correct" you - our real state motto is "Live, Freeze, and Die." I just had to get that off my chest.

:-D
0 Replies

Sturgis

I don't recall seeing you either. What were you wearing?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 06:24 pm
bermbits wrote:
Sturgis - as a NHer, I feel it incumbent upon myself to "correct" you - our real state motto is "Live, Freeze, and Die." I just had to get that off my chest.

:-D

Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 05:52 pm
It is easy and convenient to call Moore names and to ignore the gist of his remarks.
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 06:13 pm
As has been said (re: Fahrenheit 9/11), think what you will, but the facts speak for themselves.
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 06:24 pm
Just saw this on the news (see if you can figure out the connection):

Halliburton Subsidiary Gets Storm Repair Contracts

POSTED: 5:19 pm EDT September 4, 2005

WASHINGTON -- A Halliburton Company subsidiary was awarded a $12 million contract for work at Naval Air Station Pascagoula, Naval Station Gulfport and Stennis Space Center in Mississippi.

The subsidiary, Kellogg, Brown and Root Services Inc., of Arlington, Va., also will get $4.6 million for work at two smaller Navy facilities in New Orleans and others in the South.

The announcement was made Sunday by Jan Davis, a spokeswoman for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 05:19 am
Another example of Bush cronies making fortunes off of every decision made by the White House.
0 Replies

barefootTia

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 05:28 am
Quote:
WASHINGTON -- A Halliburton Company subsidiary was awarded a $12 million contract for work at Naval Air Station Pascagoula, Naval Station Gulfport and Stennis Space Center in Mississippi.

How convenient, someone's misfortune becomes someone else's opportunity
0 Replies