I Hate To Bring This Up....

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 06:49 am
But with all our resources in Iraq and what's left spread paper thin trying to deal with the gulf coast, if there's a terrorist somewhere in this country with a suitcase bomb now would sure be the time. We'd be screwed.

That's what scares me right now.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 521 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 07:04 am
Fear isn't going to any of us a lick of good. Sure, there is a possibility of something happening; but the best medicine to counteract the fears that creep in with regard to that is to be prepared.

As the New Orleans and Gulf Coast crisis continues, I am reminded how fortunate I was growing up when my parents made me learn basic survival skills. I know how to cook a meal in a metal trash can (it's a long story) or in an oven constructed of stones. I always have a few weeks of canned food supplies in my home, so starvation is not the first thing that would get me..the storing up on canned goods was also given to me by my parents. Twice a year I buy new supplies, and bring the still far from expiration date products to the local food pantry for those who need but cannot afford, this saves any food from being wasted.

I am also aware of the fact that in the case of a flood, with my home washed away the food would be lost to me and so it would be useless but I cannot drag myself into that line of thinking. I try to ask myself "what will I do if I am trapped within my home for 2 or 3 weeks?" and work with that as a starting point.

I realize that my particulars would not help in many cases; but, they do allow me some peace of mind. Although I am fairly sure that at some point in my life there will be a massive nuclear attack, I try not to think about it before hand as far as the overall catastrophic end results. Life is going to give me what it gives me both good...of which I have had a great deal... and bad...which although I have had it has not been as much or as severe. I focus on now while preparing for a future whatever that future might be.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 07:44 am
Sturgis
Sure you are prepared, prepared that is if the catastrophe fits your scenario. If it does not you will be as **** out of luck as the rest of us. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 11:01 am
Hurricane season isn't over.

Terrorists are a possibility--more deadly storms are a probability.
0 Replies