North Carolina Barbie Line Introduced

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 05:50 am
Mattel Inc. Announces The Release Today of Models of Limited Edition Barbie Dolls for the North Carolina Market:

Wake Forest Barbie: This princess Barbie is only sold at Hecht's. She comes with an assortment of Kate Spade handbags, a Lexus, a lapdog and a cookie cutter house. Options include tummy tuck, face-lift, greenhouse and a workaholic Ken.

Cary Barbie: This trendy homemaker Barbie is available with the Lexus SUV or Chrysler minivan, gets lost easily, and has no full time occupation or secondary education. Traffic jamming cell phone sold separately. Optional matching gym outfit. Choose from Mormon or Catholic.

Lumberton Barbie: This recently paroled Barbie comes with a 9 mm handgun, a Ray Lewis knife, a low-rider Chevrolet with oversized wheels and tinted windows and a Meth Lab Ken. Also available in a Mexican version.

Chapel Hill Barbie: This yuppie Barbie comes with choice of a BMW sports car or a souped up Hummer 2, Starbucks cup, credit card and shallow Ken.

Fayetteville Barbie: This white-trash model comes in Wrangler jeans two sizes too small, a NASCAR shirt, big hair, a six pack of Coors Light and a Hank Williams, Jr. CD set. She can spit over 5 feet and she can kick Ken's butt when she's drunk. A pickup is available with Confederate flag bumper stickers.

Goldsboro Barbie: This tobacco chewing, brassy-haired Barbie still has not learned that you can't wear high-heeled sandals from Payless with no pedicure and without breaking a heel and falling while you chase your beer-gutted, hollow gold-chain-wearing boyfriend. Her make-up is dark red lip liner with lips covered in a sparkly pink color or no fill-in at all. Her ensemble includes low-rise acid-washed jeans with assorted colored G-strings that stick out the back of her jeans, a white barely there see-through shirt. Her long, layered hair is bleached/highlighted and BIG. Accessories include: CD player equipped with Bon Jovi, rusty old Ford pick up.

Raleigh Barbie: This True Blonde shops exclusively in Saks Fifth Avenue. She drives her Land Rover (sold separately). She has an MBA from Duke but has never worked outside the home. Her child stroller is bigger than your house and her tennis trophies are discreetly hidden behind CEO Ken's golf trophies. She knows enough Spanish to talk with the nanny; Tagalog to speak to the cook; and Chinese, Vietnamese and Korean, to talk with the gardener, house painter, and housekeeper respectively. She is a lifelong member of the Junior League and her home is featured in Architectural Digest. Her dirty little secret?? She's a closet Republican.

They are working on developing a "Durham Barbie", but she keeps getting shot.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,728 • Replies: 9
No top replies

bermbits

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 06:23 am
And don't forget the Divorced Barbie doll - it costs $20,000 and comes with Ken's car, Ken's home Ken's clothes, etc., etc.
0 Replies

mrcolj

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 08:47 am
Re: North Carolina Barbie Line Introduced
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Cary Barbie: This trendy homemaker Barbie is available with the Lexus SUV or Chrysler minivan, gets lost easily, and has no full time occupation or secondary education. Traffic jamming cell phone sold separately. Optional matching gym outfit. Choose from Mormon or Catholic.

Someone explain this one to me... Cary? Are Chrysler minivans trendy? Are Mormons famous for having no education (rather than the stereotype I'm familiar with, of being by far and away the most educated subclass in the US?) Are Catholics famous for being rich and trendy? I went to a "Catholic" grad school in Marin County, and I wouldn't say there were very many Catholics natively from that super-rich area.

I'm not debating. I really just don't get that joke. I don't know what Cary means and it doesn't fit my metaphor for those goups...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 08:51 am
believe me it fits Cary well.

Cary
Containment
Area for
Relocated
Yankees
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 08:56 am
funny stuff Bear...they got one for Mt. Pilot?
0 Replies

mrcolj

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 12:49 pm
I still went to the Wikipedia before I realized Cary was a city... So I guess I'm 3,000 miles outside the intended audience. Smile

I love the wikipedia as much as I love able2know...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 12:50 pm
Anyone who uses both sources is pretty smart in my book.
0 Replies

Skwerl X

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 08:16 am
The WalMart here is selling a South Georgia Barbie.

She's 80 lbs. overwieght, wears spandex pants and a tube top, has a huge butterfly tattooed on her backside, comes with a single-wide trailer and an '81 Trans Am and is available in the optional "eternally pregnant" model.

They also sell "Mullet Ken" who comes packing a can of Skoal in his back pocket, a six pack of Milwuakee's Best, a shirt with a name tag, and tattoos bearing the names of his six wives.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2005 08:34 am
Yeeeeehaw!
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 10:22 pm
Skwerl X wrote:
The WalMart here is selling a South Georgia Barbie.

She's 80 lbs. overwieght, wears spandex pants and a tube top, has a huge butterfly tattooed on her backside, comes with a single-wide trailer and an '81 Trans Am and is available in the optional "eternally pregnant" model.

They also sell "Mullet Ken" who comes packing a can of Skoal in his back pocket, a six pack of Milwuakee's Best, a shirt with a name tag, and tattoos bearing the names of his six wives.

Geez, South Georgia Barbie can also be Northern California Barbie, Nevada Barbie, Southern Oregon Barbie, and so many more!
0 Replies