I requested that this thread be removed

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:23 pm
This, then, is the latest in the unending series of liberal "exposes" of conservatives. This is a completely frivolous accusation. I suppose that Bush Sr. was responsible for Hurricane Andrew and Clinton for the Northridge, California quake not being resolved surgically and instantly. If you people had any sense, you'd be out lining up your own candidates for coming elections and building a solid foundation for their campaigns, instead of asking for a congressional investigation of whether Condoleeza Rice went through a 10 items or less supermarket line with 11 items. Fortunately for us, you never learn. By the way, your thread title contains a grammar error.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:30 pm
I cant stand bush.

but i dont agree with the " its bush's fault' stand point in this situation.
Yes, there may be more he can do
But that same thing can be pointed to everyone else who is sitting in their homes right now complaining, and not offering to help .

( im not saying this to you montana, or anyone else directly for that matter.. Im just stating my opinion in general.. ) ;-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:53 pm
Didn't read up, but - isn't it hard to get the national guard to N.O. from Afghanistan and Iraq? I guess that's why it's taking so long.

What a mess. I feel like crying whenever I hear about the mess down there.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 04:55 pm
littlek wrote:
Didn't read up, but - isn't it hard to get the national guard to N.O. from Afghanistan and Iraq? I guess that's why it's taking so long.

What a mess. I feel like crying whenever I hear about the mess down there.

Are you asserting that the Guard troops headed for the affected states are departing from the Middle East? I would certainly think that those troops will be left where they are, and ones stationed in the US will be sent to Louisiana.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 05:13 pm
Sorry about the grammar error, but I didn't think that was very important.

I just heard reports stating that Bush was warned years ago of the danger that existed for New Orleans if they didn't take action to prevent the water from doing exactly what it did, but Bush ignored the warnings and threw all the tax payers money into Iraq.

Don't try and tell me it's not his damn fault. No, the storm was not his fault, but the devistation wouldn't have been nearly as bad if he had listened to the experts who repeatedly told him of the inevitable disaster that would take place when anything larger than a category 3 huricane rolled in!

Sorry for all the grammar errors!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 05:15 pm
By the way, Brandon, I'm not a damn liberal!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 05:16 pm
Montana wrote:
Sorry about the grammar error, but I didn't think that was very important.

I just heard reports stating that Bush was warned years ago of the danger that existed for New Orleans if they didn't take action to prevent the water from doing exactly what it did, but Bush ignored the warnings and threw all the tax payers money into Iraq.

Don't try and tell me it's not his damn fault. No, the storm was not his fault, but the devistation wouldn't have been nearly as bad if he had listened to the experts who repeatedly told him of the inevitable disaster that would take place when anything larger than a category 3 huricane rolled in!

Sorry for all the grammar errors!

I'm waiting for your thread blaming Clinton for the Northridge Quake damage. An earthquake in California? Who would have anticipated that?

Thanks for this thread, though, which serves to reassure me that the Republicans will continue to dominate the government for the forseeable future, while the liberals continue to expend their energy futilely.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 05:22 pm
Brandon, it's called sarcasm.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 05:40 pm
BBB
The shame of the forgotten population in the hurricane evacuation:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58652&highlight=
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 05:51 pm
mysteryman wrote:

What would Kerry have done if he had been elected?
!!

Probably the same thing.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 06:09 pm
I just saw a report on the state in the convention center in New Orleans. I was almost brought to tears. Makes me almost want to rush in there with food, water, etc to help them. Sad
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 06:10 pm
Montana wrote:

Sorry Montana but this is just silly. Every politician in the last 60 years has been warned about the possibility of this happeneing in N.O. If there are people to blame it's teh one's that allowed people to build below sea-level to begin with.

The levees that surround the city were designed and maintained to hold back a Cat 3 hurricane - not a cat 5. Is that Bush's fault too?

While I can understand people being frustrated the finger pointing is a bit over the top here.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 06:10 pm
mmm, I am feeling painfully helpless.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 06:12 pm
I should have never started this thread. I should have known better than to start this when my temper is at it's peak.

I'm asking that no one else respond to this thread, while I try to have it removed.

Thanks
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 06:12 pm
Well about 10 posts were deleted from this thread probably due to the high tempered inflammmatory posts made most by me. But I believe it made it clear that to exploit a disaster with the comments Montana made that it tends to raise tempers which is why I reacted the way I did.

My god, the situation is tense. I wish there was something I could directly do.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 06:13 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
I'm waiting for your thread blaming Clinton for the Northridge Quake damage. An earthquake in California? Who would have anticipated that?

Thanks for this thread, though, which serves to reassure me that the Republicans will continue to dominate the government for the forseeable future, while the liberals continue to expend their energy futilely.

You missed the point Brandon. Bush has allocated funds for FEMA
to pay for the invasion of Iraq. Nobody is blaming Bush for a natural
catastrophy that has happened. What has happened, or rather was
neglected since then, is what will brake his (Bush) neck.

This has nothing to do with Democrats or Republicans but everything
with faulty leadership from someone who has never shown any foresight:
not in Iraq and not in this disaster scene. The president of this country
is an exceptional dilettante, however there are some brilliant Republicans out there, Bush just isn't one of them.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 06:14 pm
Let's not forget to blame Louisiana and New Orleans for their parts in not better preparing for a hurricane of this magnitude. It wasn't Bush who said "hey guys let's just make things strong enough for a category 3" It was a whole slew of people.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 06:16 pm
[qutoe]Let's not forget to blame Louisiana and New Orleans for their parts in not better preparing for a hurricane of this magnitude. It wasn't Bush who said "hey guys let's just make things strong enough for a category 3" It was a whole slew of people.[/quote]

Please let's stop the senseless fingerpointing until this disaster has been sorted out.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 06:18 pm
I'll second that. Doesn't seem to be enough info yet.

I'll add let's hope that no matter how disorganized and chaotic things have been, that they improve quickly and that loss of life is minimized.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 06:19 pm
fishin' wrote:
Sorry Montana but this is just silly. Every politician in the last 60 years has been warned about the possibility of this happeneing in N.O. If there are people to blame it's teh one's that allowed people to build below sea-level to begin with.

That's a pretty naïve statement. Le Sieur d'Iberville established a settlement on the lake in 1699, which he named after the French Ministre de Marine, Pontchartrain--the Navy was responsible for overseas colonies. In 1718, his younger brother, le Sieur de Bienville established the town in its present location because of the easy access to the lake, which was then the avenue for communications with the sea.

So, i guess you want to blame the French of three hundred years ago for not forseeing the possibility of such a disaster, eh?
0 Replies