Anyone consider skipping on voting this presidential election?

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2024 09:49 pm
As a independent I can't bring myself voting for either Trump or Biden

One has 34 Felons

And the other's mental state is going bad these past 4 years that people from the democratic side is asking him to step down as the nominee.

I rather wait another 4 years as it should be a fresh state from the Biden/Trump era that we had since 2016 when Trump became president.

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2024 05:09 am
@Sportsfan1980,

absolutely not!

i'm voting for whoever is on the democratic ticket.

if you do decide to sit this one out, i don't wanna hear any complaints outta you... Wink

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2024 06:09 am
@Sportsfan1980,
Anyone who does not vote for president this election...is voting for anarchy and an end to our democracy.

Vote blue. Vote for the Democrat no matter who it is.

Trump, the Republican candidate has been found guilty of 34 felonies...is still awaiting trial on many more...and was a miserable president.

Biden is accused of growing old.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2024 06:17 am
@Sportsfan1980,
We're electing more than just a president. Do you care about climate change? Endangered species? Gun violence? Access to the ballot box? Labor relations? Reproductive freedom? Healthy food and safe medicines? Separation of church and state? A social safety net? An independent judiciary? None of these would be safe under a Trump administration. And the country could be so changed by then that we might never be able to get back the things we lose.

Don't vote for the personality; vote for the policies and programs.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2024 07:45 am
Not voting is not an option. Not this time, especially.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2024 08:50 am
@Sportsfan1980,
Sportsfan1980 wrote:

I rather wait another 4 years as it should be a fresh state from the Biden/Trump era that we had since 2016 when Trump became president.

That's the sort of reasoning a person might use when deciding whether or not to upgrade their iPhone. 'Do I get the 15? Or do I stick with what I've got and wait for the 16 because it will have some new feature I want?'

But voting isn't the same, because we're not all individually picking our own personal president, so we can't just stick with what we've got by not voting. The election will happen regardless of whether or not you choose to vote.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2024 10:27 am
@Sportsfan1980,
It is an American's civic duty to vote. It's a right afforded to us by people long ago who knew the significance of for the People, by the People.

I think you're being naive if you think our government will ever go back to the way it was. Too many people believe in the mistrust of our government, news sources, education, personal liberties and rights of others.

Recent Supreme Court decisions have justified open discrimination and subjugation of others, blurred the lines of separation of Church and State, made it easier to turn away from philanthropic behavior and all the while living to the extreme with ideology that does not follow case law.

You can say anything you want about Joe Biden's mental state. But he has been and always will be a great leader who exemplifies what a President actually means, to set aside personal convictions and do what's right for the Country, not himself.

If that's not a testament to vote, I don't know what is.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2024 11:20 am
@Sportsfan1980,
Oh, hi, Russian troll bot.
RPhalange

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2024 04:59 pm
@Sportsfan1980,
Yes I've considered it. I will vote but the thought has crossed my mind as neither candidate is a good choice.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2024 05:43 pm
Only those who believe in the continuation of real democracy will be voting and voting for the Democratic candidate. Not voting at all plays into the hands of our enemies and those who want to see USA and democracy fail.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2024 07:59 pm
@Sportsfan1980,
1. There is absolutely no chance of me skipping this Presidential election.

2. I would vote for Biden, even if he was in a coma.

3. Skipping this Presidential election is simply not an option.

4. Trump winning would be disastrous.

5. In fact, every Project 2025 MAGA Republican scares the living **** out of me.

6. I will, without any doubt or any hesitation, be voting for Biden-Harris.

7. I will also be voting straight DEMOCRAT up and down my ENTIRE ballot for every office I am eligible to vote for.

8. Presidential, US Senate, US House, Governor, State legislatures, State Secretaries of State, State Attorney Generals, for that matter even the office of Dog catcher if that were on the ballot. I will vote all Democrats.
roger

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2024 09:30 pm
@Real Music,
Agree - again
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2024 04:35 am
@jespah,
Yes, depressing the vote always helps the right.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2024 05:57 am
@izzythepush,
It happened over here, all the papers were predicting a Labour landslide, and warning of a Labour "supermajority".

As a result we had the lowest turnout since 2001.

Labour still won convincingly, but with a higher turnout it would have been a whitewash.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 19 Jul, 2024 06:03 am
@Sportsfan1980,
English is not your first language, felonies, not felons.

I don't know where to begin with this phrase.

"people from the democratic side is asking"

Is you is or is you ain't?

0 Replies