Does ANYONE believe that bullshit?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 663 • Replies: 12
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 08:27 am
Sure. And the temporary special tax will expire, too.

Oh, they'll fall, all right. Right back to 2.89 like yesterday, and we'll all give a big sigh of relief.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 09:00 am
I hope they pass out firearms to the employees of the gas stations. I don't mind being robbed if there's a gun involved.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 09:01 am
Edited to remove graphic evidence of incipient senility . . .
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 09:06 am
sure.
i believe that
and santa clause will come flying out my bumm any minute now..
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 09:08 am
shewolfnm wrote:
sure.
i believe that
and santa clause will come flying out my bumm any minute now..

Would he have my Christmas presents early, by chance?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 09:10 am
topped with chocolate chips..
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 09:10 am
Heh! Heh! I guess we'll just have to grin and BEAR it.

With the Labor Day holiday coming up, watch the pumps hit $4.00 per gallon.

Yesterday, I filled up and the automatic release did not function. When I took the nozzle out, gasoline went everywhere and it scared the you know what out of me. All over my car; all over me; Of course, the meter kept running, but fortunately I knew the kid in the station, and he took my word for the exact price. $40.00 to fill 'er up. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 09:11 am
Letty wrote:
Heh! Heh! I guess we'll just have to grin and BEAR it.

With the Labor Day holiday coming up, watch the pumps hit $4.00 per gallon.

Yesterday, I filled up and the automatic release did not function. When I took the nozzle out, gasoline went everywhere and it scared the you know what out of me. All over my car; all over me; Of course, the meter kept running, but fortunately I knew the kid in the station, and he took my word for the exact price. $40.00 to fill 'er up. Crying or Very sad

Shocked That's awful!
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 09:14 am
i was out last night and the 2 of the 3 stations close to us were out of gas. the third had lines of literally 10 people per row. it kinda blew me away. i was fortunate, filled up monday night-being a money manager, i am forced to pay attention to anything that affect the economy so i was a day early because tuesday prices were still $2.50 a gallon...but last night it was $2.89 and as they keep selling out around here, maybe i will have a longer weekend than planned.

the fear here is that the pipeline from the refineries to us is cut off and we will have a shortage. if so, hey, i can work from home Smile
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 09:15 am
Sh*t, I'd love to call in on Tuesday and tell my boss I was trapped at home with no way to get to work!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 09:20 am
Here in Maine the marine diesel is well over 3.50. With the rotten weather out in the Gulf of Maine and the high seas, along with the unknown prices of fuel that we may encounter in Nova Scotia, I think we will just do some local boating rather than a longer trip .
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 08:59 am
The odds of that happening are greater than having the winning numbers on a lotto ticket.
0 Replies