which religion is wrong?

Intrepid

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 01:16 pm
logicalunit42 wrote:
also how is this thread any different from the 300 page which is the one true religion thread?

That thread started on a positive..what is true.

This thread started on a negative..what is wrong.

Also, the insults within the first 6 pages has already predicted the sudden demise of this thread for lack of interest.

I might also note your ID. logicalunit42. Is this supposed to mean that you use only logic and have the answers to life, the universe and everything?
0 Replies

logicalunit42

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 01:19 pm
Intrepid wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
also how is this thread any different from the 300 page which is the one true religion thread?

Also, the insults within the first 6 pages has already predicted the sudden demise of this thread for lack of interest.

and? the topic should be approached from both sides. don't discriminate.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 01:24 pm
logicalunit42 wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:

It can be and is approached from both sides in a single thread. The fact that you cite me for discrimination says more about you than it does about me. You don't start a thread and ask a question only to followup with insults to those that take the time and interest to reply to you.

I wish you a great day as well.
0 Replies

logicalunit42

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 01:28 pm
Intrepid wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:

It can be and is approached from both sides in a single thread. The fact that you cite me for discrimination says more about you than it does about me. You don't start a thread and ask a question only to followup with insults to those that take the time and interest to reply to you.

i disagree, i think this thread was intented to take an entirely different apprroach than the other one. scared of an intellectual debate?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 01:32 pm
logicalunit42 wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote:

i disagree, i think this thread was intented to take an entirely different apprroach than the other one. scared of an intellectual debate?

Could you provide someone who I could debate with? You do not appear to have the tools.

If you were looking for a debate. perhaps you should have posted in a debate thread instead of Spirituality and Religion.

Your premise for this thread started out with you wanting information so that you could forumulate in your mind which direction you wanted to take with your religion. Now, it has turned into a debate. Perhaps you could debate yourself.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 02:12 pm
logicalunit42
What Jesus said neither I nor anyone else can verify. That said there has been nothing said about any particulars religion. Why is it that Christians automatically bring up theirs? Is it because for them no other religion exists.
To answer the initial question. Christianity is a leading candidate in the race to be chosen the most wrong religion. That ought to stick a pin in your balloon..
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 02:46 pm
Dime to a dollar this joker is the member "iknow" come back through a different computer and e-mail address. If not, they could be twins of illogic and immaturity . . .
0 Replies

logicalunit42

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 04:22 pm
the closest? how about. which religion is the one wrong religion. can there ever be a religion with all of its belief completely wrong, just as some said in the other thread that there can be a religion with all of its views completely correct?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 04:49 pm
logicalunit42
Religion is a man made concept devised by the fertile minds of men. There is no such thing as a "right" religion.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 04:51 pm
au1929 wrote:
logicalunit42
Religion is a man made concept devised by the fertile minds of men. There is no such thing as a "right" religion.

Exactly.
Just find a religion that wasn't invented by man,
and you're on the right track.
0 Replies

logicalunit42

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 04:56 pm
au1929 wrote:
logicalunit42

thats the same as saying god was a man made concept by the fertile minds of men. but if you could prove that then everyone would be an atheist.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 05:21 pm
logicalunit42 wrote

Quote:
thats the same as saying God was a man made concept by the fertile minds of men. but if you could prove that then everyone would be an atheist.

What has the belief in God to do with some phony man made religion? The people who made up religion interjected their concept of what God is and what he/she/it " wanted. It is all a wet dream.

As to whether there is a God or that too is a man made concept is an age old question. Of one thing I am sure God is not as portrayed in any of religions various bibles
0 Replies

logicalunit42

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 06:02 pm
au1929 wrote:
logicalunit42 wrote

Quote:
thats the same as saying God was a man made concept by the fertile minds of men. but if you could prove that then everyone would be an atheist.

What has the belief in God to do with some phony man made religion? The people who made up religion interjected their concept of what God is and what he/she/it " wanted. It is all a wet dream.

As to whether there is a God or that too is a man made concept is an age old question. Of one thing I am sure God is not as portrayed in any of religions various bibles

how can you just draw a line between god and religion it all looks the same to me, why is god that much more believable than any of those crazy religioius creeds.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 06:14 am
I would suggest staying away from Cults if you can avoid it, logicalunit Very Happy

Other than that, pick any dam relgion you want.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 06:56 am
logicalunit42

The belief in God or a supreme being and the nasty religions [cults] that have been promulgated defining who and what the supreme being is and what he expects are separate and distinct. Religion is and has always been mans way of explaining the inexplicable as well as exercising control over the masses. It is the bogeyman in the closet.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 12:32 am
Quote:

You make it sound so simple...
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 07:38 am
No the people who believe are the simple ones.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 01:03 pm
What do you mean by that?

People believe in their religion because of various reasons.
Also, the Abrahamic religion is not the only one out there, there's the eastern religions, the deists, and well even the Jedi Laughing .

Deism itself is a religion with the basis on reason. Buddhism teaches the path of a person who had reached what he called enlightenment.

It's not so simple.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 02:35 pm
Ray
What do I mean you ask. The foolishness of people who can't recognize a hoax when they encounter one and choose to believe in and worship at the shrine of a fairy tale.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 04:01 pm
au1929 wrote:
logicalunit42

Smile
0 Replies