Cancer warning on packaging!!

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 04:58 am
I bought some craft chain, like necklace chain from a craft store at the weekend.Got it home and as Im a bit square I read the info on the back.
It had a warning on it saying chemicals in it could cause cancer and effect fertility!!!
I talked to a colleague who said he uses certain sparys at work which say the same thing!!!

Surely these things shouldnt be sold!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 878 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Sanctuary

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 05:36 am
A chain that would cause cancer? Good God Shocked
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 05:47 am
Reminds me of some headphones a friend bought recently. They had a warning stamped on the package about the manufacturing process and how they were found to exceed the legal level of toxicity for lead in the State of California....which is where they were manufactured. It went on to advise washing one's hands after use of the headphones if your hands came in contact with the wires. How about washing the side of my face and ears since they would also be at risk.

The chain you bought seems to be just the latest in a series of insanities.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 07:29 am
Yep,the warning mentions the chemical is known to the State of California to cause cancer etc.
It makes me mad to think I spent £1.99 on something that can give me cancer!!!The shop probably wouldnt take it back.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 03:23 pm
Right, that's Bizarre...yeah I agree that stuff like that shouldn't be on the market... Confused

But that's like food additives...my Mum has this liver complaint thing and she had a glass of 'Fanta, Fruit Twist' last night and it gave her really bad pain in her liver, so I read the ingredients and she looked up this E number that's in it...

We found a whole list of E numbers with warnings saying to avoid a load of em...some of them even saying they can cause cancer, and all sorts of horrible stuff...now, I know most of those E numbers, there were loads that said to avoid that I know are in sweets and everyday stuff you wouldn't even think to check Sad ... It's horrible to think you're exposed to these sorts of things... Confused
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 04:07 pm
The only way to stay away form absolutely everything that might possibly cause cancer is to die.

The warning is there because the State of CA is paranoid. By there own standards and laws their entire coastline should be labeled since "crystalline silica" (i.e. common beach sand) is on their list of cancer causing agents.
0 Replies