Poll: Happy Resurrection Sunday 2024! Are you doing anything special for the holiday?

The Anointed

Tue 2 Apr, 2024 04:12 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Seriously, did you have a nice holiday?

More to the point, did you have a nice holiday?
izzythepush

Tue 2 Apr, 2024 07:46 am
@JGoldman10,
The early arrival of Easter coincided with heavy rain and most Easter events were washed out.

Having said that I did a chicken for dinner and we had chocolate eggs.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 2 Apr, 2024 07:47 am
@The Anointed,
It would be nice if you said something that wasn't stale and predictable.

Dullness isn't obligatory.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 2 Apr, 2024 12:03 pm
@JGoldman10,
Would you like to know how I prepared the chicken?

It went down really well.
tsarstepan

Tue 2 Apr, 2024 12:24 pm
@izzythepush,
Well, I donated blood on Easter morning as the NY Blood Center was still open and I was already a couple of weeks past my time for the minimum period allowed between donations.
izzythepush

Tue 2 Apr, 2024 01:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
Not over here, it would all be shut on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 3 Apr, 2024 10:55 pm
@The Anointed,
It was so-so. I did nothing special.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 4 Apr, 2024 08:20 am
@izzythepush,
Easter, like Christmas, is a holiday rooted in paganism. As I said, Easter is a PAGAN term. My mother and I and our Christian friends choose to refer to Easter as "Resurrection Sunday", because the Resurrection is what Christians focus on. We aren't part of any cult.
izzythepush

Thu 4 Apr, 2024 10:06 am
@JGoldman10,
Mainstream Christians call it Easter.

If you wish to call it something else that's up to you.

Resurrection Sunday in not a Christian term, because mainstream Christians don't use it.

What you are doing is something cults do, they would say they were the only true Christians, that their vernacular is the correct terminology.

It's them and us, sheep and goats, everyone who is not of us is an enemy.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 4 Apr, 2024 10:10 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Easter, like Christmas, is a holiday rooted in paganism. As I said, Easter is a PAGAN term. My mother and I and our Christian friends choose to refer to Easter as "Resurrection Sunday", because the Resurrection is what Christians focus on. We aren't part of any cult.

Yet you are part of a cult. And surprisingly, you LITERALLY don't speak for that many Christians. Conservatives still call it Easter. Though, you can question whether they're genuine Christians.

izzythepush

Thu 4 Apr, 2024 10:33 am
@tsarstepan,
And here was me thinking he was going to ask about the chicken.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 4 Apr, 2024 11:59 am
@tsarstepan,
No I don't speak for all Christians. My mother and I and other Christians we know choose to call the holiday "Resurrection Sunday". That's our prerogative. That doesn't make us cultists because we refer to a holiday by an alternative name.
izzythepush

Thu 4 Apr, 2024 12:10 pm
@JGoldman10,
It does when you claim it to be a Christian term when it's a marginal one.
JGoldman10

Fri 5 Apr, 2024 01:44 am
@izzythepush,
I got this from a quick Google search:

" The Origin of Easter

Easter actually originated as an ancient pagan celebration of the spring equinox. In Christianity, the day was dedicated to observing the resurrection of Jesus Christ, celebrated around the time of the Jewish Passover. "
izzythepush

Fri 5 Apr, 2024 03:34 am
@JGoldman10,
Which does not change the fact that Christians, and pretty much everyone else, call it Easter.

There is no Resurrection Sunday Parade or Bonnet.

Your terminology is unique to your cult.

I thought you didn't want to argue.

I can still tell you about the chicken.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 5 Apr, 2024 07:58 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I got this from a quick Google search:

Good grief! You Really Needed to do a Google search to get this?!
Quote:
" The Origin of Easter

Easter actually originated as an ancient pagan celebration of the spring equinox. In Christianity, the day was dedicated to observing the resurrection of Jesus Christ, celebrated around the time of the Jewish Passover. "

What I really love is that you quite likely genuinely believe that this post is a gotcha post and you think we (Izzy and myself) literally didn't know these elementary school facts about the holiday.

I'm pretty sure that Muslim preschoolers in Afghanistan who have never heard of Christianity and English, would instantly ... go... oh yeah. And give what snippets you found as the definition of the Easter holiday. Rolling Eyes Laughing
izzythepush

Fri 5 Apr, 2024 08:22 am
@tsarstepan,
It's a better story, more suitable for children, no nailing people up on a cross.

Instead a hare loses its long tail as a punishment, and the goddess transforms into a beautiful bird and lays an egg for the children.

Alright, I don't know if I'd fancy eating it myself, but faced with that or nailing up some poor sod, well there's no contest.

What is most pressing and pertinent to both yoursel and Mr Goldman is a Guardian article about the paucity of hot cross buns in NYC.
The Anointed

Fri 5 Apr, 2024 05:49 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It's a better story, more suitable for children, no nailing people up on a cross. Instead a hare loses its long tail as a punishment, and the goddess transforms into a beautiful bird and lays an egg for the children.

Alright, I don't know if I'd fancy eating it myself, but faced with that or nailing up some poor sod, well there's no contest. What is most pressing and pertinent to both yoursel and Mr Goldman is a Guardian article about the paucity of hot cross buns in NYC.

I have nothing but pity for you poor devils who believe that Mankind is the most high to develop within the creation. You believe that mankind had evolved within the bodies of our animal ancestors but refuse to accept that the spirit that is currently evolving within the body of mankind, is our God [THE SON OF MAN] and the saviour of the human race which is destined to be destroyed with all physical life forms on this planet when heavenly fire incinerates this earth.

ZEPHANIAH 1, 2-3; The LORD said, “I am going to destroy everything on earth, all human beings and animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked. I will destroy the whole human race, and no survivors will be left. I, the LORD, have spoken.

Then in verse 18; On the day when the LORD shows his fury, not even all their silver and gold will save them. The whole earth will be destroyed by the fire of his anger. He will put an end — a sudden end — to everyone who lives on earth.
This happens after the thousand years Sabbath has finished and heavenly fire incinerates all physical life forms that remain on this planet.

Knowing that which is to occur after the one thousand year Sabbath has ended, when heavenly fire incinerates the surface of the earth, with the great wealth that will be paid in tribute by the nations of the world during that thousand year rule of our king and high priest, genetic banks of all physical life forms will be created, (The Ark) and sent to a place of safety in order that when the incinerated earth is once again able to sustain physical life forms, Plants will be planted, animals will be created anew, and when the system for the sustainability of mankind has been put in place, the Lord, our brother, king, and high priest will say, "And now, let us make man in our image and likeness." And a new and more humble Race of men will people this earth.

"Under the guidance of Jupiter (Planet) man prepares, by means of religious exercises, for the journey to the life beyond, and he attains rest under the influence of Saturn." (Basra Encyclopedia)- De Boer, Philosophy in Islam, p 88.

The water ocean on Enceladus, a moon that orbits the planet Saturn, is about 6 miles (10 kilometers) deep and lies beneath a shell of ice 19 to 25 miles (30 to 40 km) thick, researchers said. Further, it's in direct contact with a rocky seafloor, theoretically making possible all kinds of complex chemical reactions — such as, perhaps, the kind that led to the rise of life on Earth.

What heat must radiate from that rocky seafloor to maintain a liquid ocean 10 kilometre’s deep beneath a shell of ice 19 to 25 miles (30 to 40 km) thick.

"The world being melted and re-entered into the bosom of Jupiter, this God continues for some time totally concentered in himself: . . . afterwards we see a new world spring from him, perfect in all its parts; animals are produced anew; an innocent race of man is formed under more favourable auspices, in order to people this earth." " Seneca, Epist, 9, and Qucest. Nat. L. 3, c, ult.

Knowing who the Lord our saviour has chosen to prepare the world for the ultimate destruction of all life on earth, it becomes obvious why those nations and all their supporters who would attempt to wipe out ‘HIS’ chosen people, have to be eliminated, and it matters not what you poor devils believe, it will not change the ultimate future of this planet.

Jude 1, 14-15; It was Enoch, the seventh direct descendant from Adam, who long ago prophesied this about them: “The Lord will come with many thousands of his holy angels 15to bring judgement on all, to condemn them all for the godless deeds they have performed and for all the terrible words that godless sinners have spoken against him!”

He who has already paid the death penalty for that which must be done fo the salvation of mankind, says in Revelation 2, 26-28; To those who win the victory, who continue to the end to do what I want, I will give the same authority that I received from my Father: I will give them authority over the nations, to rule them with an iron rod and to break them to pieces like clay pots. etc.
izzythepush

Sat 6 Apr, 2024 01:12 am
@The Anointed,
I've got far better things to do than read your nonsense.

Your ideology is about as far from Christ as it gets.
izzythepush

Sat 6 Apr, 2024 01:17 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

I have nothing but pity for you poor devils who believe that Mankind is the most high to develop within the creation.

I have nothing but pity for your neighbours.
0 Replies